Map Contest Two: Discussion

Well, there's mine up- quite pleased overall, especially with the frontiers- There's only a single point on the map where the border runs along the same line as in OTL, which makes things look satisfyingly divergent...

Thoughts?

Well, there's mine up- quite pleased overall, especially with the frontiers- There's only a single point on the map where the border runs along the same line as in OTL, which makes things look satisfyingly divergent...

Thoughts?

I really want to know more about Klein Wenedig. It sounds like something that would be worthy of a more detailed timeline, or some short fiction.

Thande

Donor
Interesting effort, Imajin.

Just a question, where does the name 'Hereureur' come from? At first I thought it was a Frenchified form of Harare, but it's in the wrong part of Africa for that.

Interesting effort, Imajin.

Just a question, where does the name 'Hereureur' come from? At first I thought it was a Frenchified form of Harare, but it's in the wrong part of Africa for that.
It was a (rather poor) attempt at frenchifying "Herero".

Susano

Banned
What about Central America? As part of IOTL "Latin America", would it still be possible that the map has (at least to a large part) also Central America and the Carribean?

What about Central America? As part of IOTL "Latin America", would it still be possible that the map has (at least to a large part) also Central America and the Carribean?
Central America is included in the rules for this round. Alas only Mexico remains untapped for Latin American potential... (Though I've been attempting to find a map that would go from the tip of SA to showing just a bit of open Florida...)

Diamond

Banned
Well, my entry's up. It's probably disqualified because I didn't show just a single continent, but parts of three... ah well, screw it, I had fun making it. :D

Well, my entry's up. It's probably disqualified because I didn't show just a single continent, but parts of three... ah well, screw it, I had fun making it. :D
Your map focused on the Indian Ocean rather than the continets. I think it will be alright. I really really like the hide effect...

For those of you who wanted a little more background on my map, you might want to go over here for the first part of a story set in the TL...

Thande

Donor
That's another very fine entry, Susano.

But seriously (and not just you, but everyone) can you use word wrap, or post the map in a separate post to the text? It makes the text unreadable when you have to scroll back and forth constantly.