Map Contest Two: Discussion

That's what I think too. My vote would've gone to Susano.
I've aways thought the boarders came out poorly on BAMS...but given two of the Judges affinity for BAMS...and the amount of detail involved I bet he takes it.

Mine would have gone to Highlander, dispite my issues with obscuring a map with shadows. (Though I did worse myself with the lines)

Susano

Banned
That's what I think too. My vote would've gone to Susano.

:eek:

Well, modern PoD is my best shot. If it is anything in the migration period I wouldnt even need to try...

BTW, what does BAM stand for, anyways? I only know the plural BAMS as Bild am Sonntag (the sunday edition of Germanys only overregional tabloid):rolleyes: :D

Thande

Donor
:eek:

Well, modern PoD is my best shot. If it is anything in the migration period I wouldnt even need to try...

BTW, what does BAM stand for, anyways? I only know the plural BAMS as Bild am Sonntag (the sunday edition of Germanys only overregional tabloid):rolleyes: :D

Big-Arsed Map (named by Scarecrow, so using the Australian/British form...I suppose the Americans would call it a Big-Ass Map)

Susano

Banned
Ah, thanks, Thande.

So will there be a run-off, will the judges beat each other bloody to change each others vote, or will it be set by AK-47s at dawn? :D

EdT, Susano and Highlander I bet.

Ah I see you quite prophetic Othniel. :)

Okay sorry for the delay today guys but I just could not access the site (stupid time out errors all day at work :mad:) till now.

Okay here is the deal as Othniel correctly predicted there was an initial tie between the three mentioned above (each judge voted for one or the other. thus the three-way tie). However and as Diamond may recall we had a system worked out (designed last contest) should this occur. Last time it did not (I said this time the competition is really superb) but I dusted off the corners of my mind where this rule existed and implemented it...which resulted in.......

:drum role:

<dramatic pause>

...a damn three way tie again...

Now before you question the tie breaking way the judges actually in one case gave a higher ratinge (using they tie breaking system) to a map that they did not vote for and most were within a single digit in difference. However each map still yielded an average of 10.6667. Needless to say I was hoping for a clear winner.

So as chief judge I have made this ruling (and I think it is fair):

Highlander, Susano, and EdT each get credit for this round and because there was a tie there shall be no second runner-up.

So we'll now move onto round two at Scarecrow's leisure.

Chief Judge

SK

Highlander

Banned
That was . . . different. Though in a good way :p

Why not ask for someone else, say, Ian or something, to break the tie? Just curious.

That was . . . different. Though in a good way :p

Why not ask for someone else, say, Ian or something, to break the tie? Just curious.

Well at the time we figured having three judges and this system should have prevented this from happening too often...if it repeats again then I'll look into replacing it.

----

Oh and congrats to the three winners.

Glen

FYI: Shared Worlds Forum is looking to revamp, and one of the things we'd like to offer is hosting of contests like this.

Thoughts?

FYI: Shared Worlds Forum is looking to revamp, and one of the things we'd like to offer is hosting of contests like this.

Thoughts?

A revamp eh? Sounds interesting, but I think this contest works well in the Books, Movies, Games and Websites forum because all the Map threads are here.

Last edited:
NO comments in this thread! :mad:

:)D)

EDIT: Glen says, "Quite right, which is why these posts have been moved here."

Last edited by a moderator: