Map Contest Two: Discussion

Do you mean after each round, or at the end of the contest? I suggest doing such a thing at the end of the entire contest, rather then each round.
I'd prefer each round. Waiting for the end of the contest would break my stipulation of not being influenced by the judges.

Diamond

Banned
Not to be a dick, but isn't Dutchie's map disqualified? (POD of 1938, not '35, and the map is dated 1963, not '50.) Which is a shame, cause it's a kick-ass map...

Not to be a dick, but isn't Dutchie's map disqualified? (POD of 1938, not '35, and the map is dated 1963, not '50.) Which is a shame, cause it's a kick-ass map...

Well technically yes and it was noted. I just didn't want to be dick and go pointed it out to the forum at large. ;)

Just an update:

The judges currently have a three way tie and will be resolving the matter as soon as we can.

Man this was so much easier last time...the maps are getting really good guys.

Thande

Donor
Just an update:

The judges currently have a three way tie and will be resolving the matter as soon as we can.

Man this was so much easier last time...the maps are getting really good guys.
Ooh, exciting! :D Even though I know perfectly well I'm not one of them :rolleyes:

Highlander

Banned
So today my friend looked over my shoulder at my computer screen at school and said, "Now, you not only draw maps in your free time, you also compete with other people over it?"

I found it kinda funny :p

I'd prefer each round. Waiting for the end of the contest would break my stipulation of not being influenced by the judges.

So basicly, after each round, you would waste time voting and handing out a handful of prizes each time?

At the end of the nine rounds of the contest before the final round seems like a decent time for this sort of thing.

WHAT?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I was in such a rush to get an entry in, I didn't see those stipulations in the rules (or forgot them).

Gosh darn it!

(thanks for the 'kick-ass' comment though!)

The nice thing about the UCS is that it gives a common 'language'... otherwise a lot of time and effort has to go into explaining what country is what culture for each and every map...
The thing is most maps should be self-explainatory, ir if they aren't they should use a key.

So basicly, after each round, you would waste time voting and handing out a handful of prizes each time?

At the end of the nine rounds of the contest before the final round seems like a decent time for this sort of thing.
We have to do something while waiting for the next round!