Map Contest Round VI

Napoleon's death changes events significantly- France had many great generals, but none other who would follow the course drawn by Napoleon. By 1900, through a series of massive wars, the Revolution has been spread across Europe... Britain, however, dominates the rest of the world, Russia switches alliances nearly weekly, China lies in ruins, and the Braganzas yearn to reclaim the fatherland lost so long ago...

roundviii.png

Everything changes with the death of Bonaparte - the expansion of the United States is strangled in its cradle; the British Empire is struck down by revolution; and the French Directory rises in its place... spreading libertie, equalitie, and fraternetie to every quarter of the globe. Korea blossoms while Japan and China collapse; the Kalmar Union is reborn; and a Lusitanian Empire arises to straddle the Atlantic. Meanwhile, in a quiet southern corner of the globe, the last remenants of British imperialism forge a new ideology, conquer a continent and set their sights on the rest of the world...

The Year of the Ox dawns.

napoleon-v3.jpg

Well, here's mine... Irritatingly not anything like as polished as I'd like thanks to pressures of work and all but as the deadline's coming I'd better publish and be damned :rolleyes:

Edit: Bugger! Just realised that the requirement was for a world map. That's a pain... will teach me to read the small print I guess!

africa_partition1.jpg

crap, last In:eek:

Uh yeah, this is the map.

No Napoleon, the French republic sorta dies, Bourbon king restored.

uh...French War with Austria in 19th Century over Italy: resault an independent Kingdom of Italy, and France gets OTL belgium.

uh...Spanish colonies split of slightly later

No war of 1812, but a similar war between Britain and USA, USA doesnt do so good.

slavery trade was abolished at the end of the 19th Century by Britain, France USA et al, but those pesky Omanis and Brazilians continue to conduct the trade.

uh...things to look for on the map

The Omani port on the Congo

Split up Brazil

Prussia and Austria (sorry, triple monarchy (Austrian, Hungarian, Pole)Its on its death bed as we speak) still with large polish lands

standard West-East British North America split, but with the fancy name of New Caledonia

uh, thats it. I tried doing some fancy photoshop stuff but ran out of time, so i just had to do the curvey text thats becoming standard issue around here:eek:

Contest_Map_06.PNG

Last edited:
Okay, a big thanks to all six participants in Round VI of the 2006 Map Contest.

However due to a tie amongst the judges (i.e. Diamond and I just could not agree on the winner) have decided to have a run-off between the two we did vote for.

So Scarecrow and TheLoneAmigo step forward you have been selected by the judges to go one more round to decide the winner.

I'll post a new thread with the details of what you need to do to prove yourselves the best.