Map Contest IV: Rules, Discussion, and Comments Thread

This is too weird. I swear I was reading about Russia before and saw a map of Central Asia a mere twenty minutes ago and said to myself that it would make an interesting and challenging map challenge. Weird.

Sorry guys for the delay in round VI but I just haven't had time to post it. I'll hopefully have it up tonight sometime or tomorrow at the latest.

I like the prompt! I've posted my entry showing Mexico on the eve of American intervention. For those of you with good memories, this is a very cleaned-up and embellished version of a map I posted on the Map Thread awhile back. And 500 intenets to the person who gets what "Blackjack" is referring to.

I like the prompt! I've posted my entry showing Mexico on the eve of American intervention. For those of you with good memories, this is a very cleaned-up and embellished version of a map I posted on the Map Thread awhile back. And 500 intenets to the person who gets what "Blackjack" is referring to.

I haven't even seen the map, but if it involves America, Mexico, and intervention, Blackjack must logically be General John Pershing.

You got it. Would you like your fake internet points in installments or one lump sum? :p

I would have also accepted "because the year is 2021" although that was kind of an afterthought.

You got it. Would you like your fake internet points in installments or one lump sum? :p

I would have also accepted "because the year is 2021" although that was kind of an afterthought.

Actually, I would like it in one lump sum. Perhaps I could invest it in... mapmaking.

Finally, some competition! Sapiento, it's truly a horrifying vision of a nuclear apocalypse... not only did they nuke our major cities, they also blew up the letter C! You bastards! :D:p

No, but seriously, great map. Kind of reminds me of A Canticle for Leibowitz, specifically the part set in Texarkana where civilization is barely starting to recover... definitely the most interesting era in many post-apocalyptic scenarios.

Finally, some competition! Sapiento, it's truly a horrifying vision of a nuclear apocalypse... not only did they nuke our major cities, they also blew up the letter C! You bastards! :D:p

No, but seriously, great map. Kind of reminds me of A Canticle for Leibowitz, specifically the part set in Texarkana where civilization is barely starting to recover... definitely the most interesting era in many post-apocalyptic scenarios.

Thanks for the compliment, Jman. :)

Regarding Millers novel: i think the conclusion is logical. Areas which were unimportant before such an apocalyptic event, have at least now the chance to rise. A small comfort for the downfall of civilization, but better than nothing. ;)

:eek::eek::eek: HOLY CRAP I WON!?!?!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek:

:D:D:D

:eek:.

Wow. I guess I have to make a map for the final round now. No pressure, right? Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

(Faints)

Will normal people get to see the final round. As spectators, at least? I have enjoyed seeing these maps, and the scenarios for them.

Normal people will get to see the final round, but only those who won a round, etc. will be able to participate.

Btw everyone sorry for the delay but Imperator has been a little busy recently so there has been a delay for the final round. Hopefully it will be ready soon.

Chief Judge SK

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!! :eek::eek::eek:

For the sake of my fragile sanity, post the final round soon, I'm BEGGING YOU!!! :D

Okay everyone the final round for Map Contest IV should be arriving soon (sorry for the delay). Anywho just a recap of all the rounds so far:

Round 1
W: Ampersand
RU: Guderian's Beard

Round 2
W: Scarecrow
RU: LordKraken, Ampersand, and Dutchie

Round 3
W: Legolas
RU: Sovereign12

Round 4
W: Tangerine
RU: Ampersand

Round 5
W: Guderian's Beard
RU: Tangerine

Round 6
W: Jman
Runner-up: Sapiento, Imajin, Valshannar

So a quick round of applause to all those people listed above. However as all things come to end only these people get to advance to the final round:

Ampersand, Scarecrow, Legolas, Tangerine, Guderian's Beard, and Jman.

So you glorious six keep an eye out for the final round which if luck holds should be posted in the next day or so. Best of luck to ye.

Chief Judge SK