Man-Made Hell: The History of the Great War and Beyond

Is this a good timeline?

• Yes, it's great!

Votes: 198 56.9%
  • Yes, it has a few flaws but is still good.

Votes: 111 31.9%
  • No, it's very implausible.

Votes: 28 8.0%
  • No, it's boring.

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
So ... after some deqaths of at their time quite prominent Boers ... the colonies 'draw' on the 'neutrality-clause' of the Congo-conference the german State Sekretaryfor the empires Colonies Wilhelm Solf tried to invoke IOTL and expand it under the leadership of an independent-minded South-Africa.

Nice

So ... after some deqaths of at their time quite prominent Boers ... the colonies 'draw' on the 'neutrality-clause' of the Congo-conference the german State Sekretaryfor the empires Colonies Wilhelm Solf tried to invoke IOTL and expand it under the leadership of an independent-minded South-Africa.

Nice
Thanks! As it turns out, combat between colonies in WWI wasn't actually that popular amongst colonists, and it was the regimes overseeing them in Europe that brought the war to Africa, with the exception of South Africa. With South Africa out of the way, it causes a chain reaction in which nearly all of Africa winds up being neutral for the majority of the Great War.

• Could we get a update on the update? Pls
I'm working on my timeline Das Ewige Reich right now, and I hope to get out the update on that in the upcoming weeks. After that is a Dreams of Liberty update, so Chapter Three will probably come out in January. I apologize that this takes a long time, but that's what happens when you are writing three timelines.

If you want, I could release a "glimpse into the future" update for MMH. If you don't know what that is, it's basically just a handful of pictures from the future of the timeline that I post under a spoiler button for those who want to go into the upcoming chapters without any knowledge on what is to come.

Interlude Two: Glimpse Into the Future One
Interlude II: Glimpse Into the Future I

In order to update the timeline (considering there won't be another chapter for quite a bit) I decided to post a "glimpse into the future," which is a concept that I use in my other timeline, Dreams of Liberty, in which I post a few images from the future of the timeline. That does mean that there will be spoilers in this update, so if you do not to be aware of what is coming next, do not look at anything within the "spoiler" button.

IMG_0871.JPG

A group of French communists celebrating the declaration of French Commune.

IMG_0874.JPG

Native African soldiers of the exiled German Empire (otherwise referred to as Mittelafrika) invading the Belgian Congo.

IMG_0875.JPG

Soviet soldiers posing next to a tank in the invasion of Poland.

IMG_0873.JPG

Governor Huey P Long of Louisiana announces that "under absolutely no circumstances" would he let the state of Louisiana join William Dudley Pelley's Holy Realm of America.

IMG_0872.JPG

Soldiers of the East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere in California heading east to engage against the soldiers of Henry Blood's Western States of America.

Last edited:
err... wow. Looks like the entire world is going to shit (except South America bacause OF COURSE.)

On the other hand, looks like this 2nd 30 years war is a TRUE World War, and not just a European war with some overseas sideshows.

EDIT: The only thing I find questionable is the thing about Pelley's "Holy Realm of America". I can't see things getting bad enough to cause a 2nd american civil war for a long time.

Some predictions from the photos provided:

Photos 1 seems to hint at France having a communist revolution, or at least an attempted one. Photo 3 confirms that the soviets will be return to the war, which makes me wonder if the next phase of the war could be ideological in nature, with a Communist entente vs. whatever the Central powers end up being.

Photo 2 confirms that the German monarchy is going to be overthrown by someone, which further makes it seem like some sort of ideological war for phase 2.

Photos 4 and 5 confirm that America does not have good times ahead for it. The bit about the sphere makes it seem likely that Japan's imperial ambitions will continue to be successful for the foreseeable future.

err... wow. Looks like the entire world is going to shit (except South America bacause OF COURSE.)
Things will get bad in South America, although the worst for that continent will come after the conclusion of the Great War.

On the other hand, looks like this 2nd 30 years war is a TRUE World War, and not just a European war with some overseas sideshows.
The war will primarily stay in Europe. Conflicts in North America will be their own speparate event, although that's not to say that the Western Hemisphere will completely stay out of the Great War.

EDIT: The only thing I find questionable is the thing about Pelley's "Holy Realm of America". I can't see things getting bad enough to cause a 2nd american civil war for a long time.
The 1920s will become pretty politically chaotic. The war also will not have a good effect on the global economy.

@ETGalaxy are all the photos true becasue some of these I don’t see happening
Yes, all of the events referenced will occur in the timeline. I can understand why someone would find them implausible, and I'm happy to discuss my reasoning, however, I would prefer to do so in a conversation in order to not spoil anything.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for America, but this timeline seems even more thrilling.[END SPOILER]
Thank you! I am very excited to get to writing about the United States ITTL, I have been planning out that part of the TL for a pretty long time, and, at least in my opinion, the next few decades will be pretty interesting for the United States of America and its neighbors.

Interlude Three: Christmas 1942
Interlude III

Paris-December 25th, 1942

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
With every Christmas card I write
And may all your Christmases be white"

"Merry Christmas, Paris! Your American comrades wish you the best of luck in the trenches this new year! Go and hit Kaiser Auggie's boys where it hurts!"

-Bing Crosby

Last edited:
Now that I have just posted the latest chapter of my other timeline, Dreams of Liberty, I have begun to work on chapter three of Man-Made Hell, so expect that to be out by the end of the month. :D

If anyone is interested, @Thanosaekk has recently created a Man-Made Hell inspired map came, which you can find here, so please check that out, it already looks like it has plenty of potential and is going in a very interesting direction.