Man-Made Hell: The History of the Great War and Beyond

Is this a good timeline?

• Yes, it's great!

Votes: 196 56.6%
  • Yes, it has a few flaws but is still good.

Votes: 111 32.1%
  • No, it's very implausible.

Votes: 28 8.1%
  • No, it's boring.

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
The entente without Italy to draw off AH troops and without Romania to draw off Bulgarian and AH troops, wow that is going to hurt them. Bulgaria gets to go full force at Greece which is going to need British and French reinforcements to keep fighting which in turn draws forces away from the Ottomans.
Yup, things look really grim for the Entente as of now. You'll be hearing a lot about the French mutinies soon.

Russia facing more AH troops means more losses and what sounds like a failed offensive which is going to devastate morale. Actually if AH and Germany are pushing the Russians back would Romania try to join the CP in for gaining Bessarabia?
For now Romania is neutral, but yes, they will take a bit of Russian territory once the Russian Revolution begins.

Now if Russia negotiates either before or after the revolution they may end up better as BL was not the initial negotiation point for the Germans.
I'm still toying around with ideas relating to BL so I can't really comment on that.

Taking in consideration that everyone in Rome know that A-H word and assurance regarding any territorial cession was basically worthless, it will be very interesting...Wien refusal to uphold the agreement can start a conflict and frankly i doubt that A-H will be in a good shape by 1920. On the plus side, Italy had more time to modernize the army and to pacify Libya, maybe even some inroad in Ethiopia if the civil war there start in 1916 as OTL
I will say that AH will be pressured by the Germans to hold in their side of the bargain, otherwise I'm not gonna say much about what Italy will be up to soon because spoilers.

Subscribed
Thanks! I'm always happy to hear that!

As for an update on the timeline (because I haven't updated it in awhile) I'm writing three timelines simultaneously and have a pattern that I follow when it comes to writing chapters so expect an update for this in about a month or so. Maybe it could be my one-year anniversary celebration for being on AH.com.

The Great War manages to stay out of Africa, that is aside from the occasional border skirmishes. I actually forgot about this POD when writing the chapter, but I'll be sure to mention it in the next chapter.

By "Africa" I guess you don't include all of North Africa & Egypt? If Turkey is in the war, then these areas are treathened.

Without Italy entering the Great War Germany and Austria-Hungary don't have to send any soldiers to fight the Italians. This doesn't do much from Germany, only a few more regiments and resources for their other front lines, however, Austria-Hungary is able to actually fend of the Russians, so no Brusilov Offensive.
If I remember correctly, France and the UK sent troops, aircraft and considerable amounts of strategic materials to Italy. If Italy is out, then all of these can be diverted elsewhere.

I don't want to sound impatient or anything, but do you have an ETA on chapter 2?
I'm currently writing three timelines simultaneously and follow a pattern for which chapter I write. Generally it takes me a little less than a month to write one chapter and I'm working on another timeline right now so Chapter Two should come out some time in October.

By "Africa" I guess you don't include all of North Africa & Egypt? If Turkey is in the war, then these areas are treathened.
Yes, North Africa will see combat, but the Ottomans won't be in the war for too long, bring the Sick Man of Europe and whatnot.

If I remember correctly, France and the UK sent troops, aircraft and considerable amounts of strategic materials to Italy. If Italy is out, then all of these can be diverted elsewhere.
True, however, it's not like Austria-Hungary is fighting in France. Without Italy the Austria-Hungarian Empire has a better chance in the east.

I'm currently writing three timelines simultaneously and follow a pattern for which chapter I write. Generally it takes me a little less than a month to write one chapter and I'm working on another timeline right now so Chapter Two should come out some time in October.

Alright thanks.

Alright thanks.
Yup, so this isn't dead or anything. Usually I'd have smaller updates in between chapters to focus on a few smaller things I forgot to put in a chapter, however, because not a lot has changed from OTL ITTL yet, there will not be any smaller updates until after the next chapter.

Yes, North Africa will see combat, but the Ottomans won't be in the war for too long, bring the Sick Man of Europe and whatnot.

Ok, what about Namibia? I very much doubt the BRitish Commonwealth would leave a German colony alone right next South Africa...

In theory, yes. Also somehwat helps Britain's financial state, one less "ally" to give loans to.

Namibia may or may not see combat, I've yet to decide on that.

One note on this: one of the main political reasons for Portugal to joy the war was to protect its african colonies, that sat right next to Namibia. If Namibia just folds up, then my country may very well decide to stay out.

And you must also decide what to do with Von Lettow. Cause this guy will not just sit and quit!

One note on this: one of the main political reasons for Portugal to joy the war was to protect its african colonies, that sat right next to Namibia. If Namibia just folds up, then my country may very well decide to stay out.

And you must also decide what to do with Von Lettow. Cause this guy will not just sit and quit!
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. And yes, I do have a plan for Von Lettow, but his ultimate fate won't be revealed for a few chapters.