Would anyone be willing to help me, like... maybe make this a collaborative project after I get up to the present day? I don't want to end everything there, I'd love to go back and make some wikiboxes and flags and stuff, and it'd be even more fun with you guys. Is anyone interested in that? :coldsweat:
I'd be interested, but I'm not sure how much help I could render.

Would anyone be willing to help me, like... maybe make this a collaborative project after I get up to the present day? I don't want to end everything there, I'd love to go back and make some wikiboxes and flags and stuff, and it'd be even more fun with you guys. Is anyone interested in that? :coldsweat:

I would forsure be interested in helping once we get to present day! This TL is awesome!

If you need anymore volunteers I would be happy to help!

Oh my, thank you for your offers of help everyone. :) I think it'd be great to turn this into a larger community project once I reach the present day (probably by the end of the summer or sooner, at this rate), so I'd love if you all helped out!

Albany in 1750
Albany, sometimes called Escocia, is the continent connecting to Litirland in the south. Named after the old Frygian name for the area, Albany could be described as the “colonized continent”, as it was one of the places most heavily settled by Europeans. While Litirland was slowly encroached by Danes and the half-native Frygians, Albany was quickly swept up in the spread of disease and European colonialism. While the natives of Albany, especially the ones in the north, were mostly immune to the diseases brought by Frygia at this point, tribes like the Mapuche in the south nearly died out completely after the Portuguese set up their first trade post. The Portuguese, Castilians, and Aragonese began to use the abandoned cities and villages to their own benefit, seizing the abandoned fields and houses for themselves. The English, on the other hand, had a much more invested way of settling their colonies. Many of the religious groups not well-liked by the English, or those practicing branches of Scandinavian Christianity, were commonly forced to move and settle in the New World. In 1582, the colony of Holyhead was formed to the south of English Fennica, and quickly filled to the brim with Thyrenian Christians (essentially a branch of Scandinavian Christianity under an English priest). In 1584, the town of Abbeville was founded, with the city of Aust right next door. Both towns practiced a type of Greek Orthodox Christianity, something not well-received by the government. In 1606, the city of Kindrick was suddenly overtaken by Welsh townsmen. Back home, the English were trying to drain them of their culture, and the traditional Welsh migrated over in droves. The city of Llewellyn was founded in the midst of the migration, and proved to be a valuable trading port.

Through the early 17th century, the rapid-fire expansionism of the English colonies played its part in the colonization of Albany. Agreements were made with Castile to divide up the insular rainforest, while Portugal took up the south. Aragon divided up its one colony of Aletaña between the Castilians and the Batavians (who renamed their portion “Saint Adalboro”). The Ainka and Charki kingdoms, having existed since the early-1300’s, were allowed to live only due to past precedent, and would essentially become vassals of the English by 1625. The colonies of Jaquetia and Roylloland were both formed in 1614. Jaquetia consisted of the western coast, going all the way down to the northern border with Ainka. In 1627, the southern part of Jaquetia split off into the more conservative province of Saint Andrew. The English began to offer incentives for settling in Albany, hoping to eventually take control of the Castilian and Portuguese colonies. Huge land grants were given in Jaquetia, essentially creating a style of fiefdom. Eventually, England made enough money off of the gold mining tariffs to buy out the colony of Holyhead, merging it with Jaquetia. Although there was a little trouble with the city of Nyoiseau during the merger, it quickly worked itself out.

In the 1630's, the English colonies were overcome with immigrants. The colonies became a no-mans-land in the eyes of the settlers. Religions disliked by London were kicked to Abbeville. French the English wanted to get rid of were sent to Nyoiseau. The Welsh opted to leave themselves, turning the peninsula they called Gowyrsia into a New Wales. While England was doing a good job about removing the heavy French influence from their culture by exiling them to Albany, it wasn't making anything more stable. A succession of three rebellions swept the home isles after the racist wrongdoings of England reached their height. First, the Welsh in Caerdydd rebelled for an autonomous province. The government responded by giving Gowyrsia autonomy, and pushing more of Wales into Llwellyn and Gwanwyn. The second little rebellion was of the English in London who wanted part in the fur trade, which places like Scotland were getting rich off of. The rich plantations in Jaquetia were good for business, but not as good as Scandinavian Herbergia. Sadly, England couldn't exactly stand up to the might of Scandinavia, and cowered at the call to war. The revolution slowly petered out.

Seperately, the third rebellion became one of the largest changes on the continent of Europe in the 1600's. In 1651, the puppet kingdom of Haute-Normandie rebelled against English ownership, and English Aquitaine followed suit. France, having been in a dynastic union with Savoy since 1642, quickly swept in and took over parts of it. England was able to defend themselves, but just barely. By the end of the "revolution", they'd lost parts of Normandy, Aquitaine, and the entirety of Haute-Normandie. Luckily, this only helped to elimiate their whole "French or English" identity crisis, and allowed them to be ever so slightly more cruel to their colonies. Cutting ahead a century, everything's basically the same as it was at the end of the third rebellion. Immigration from Wales increased, while an Anglo-French culture arose in the *Amazon. Still, there haven't been any successful colonial rebellions just yet, and England prays they'll never come...

nyuzr5W.png

Last edited:
Okay, comments:
-Neat north-south split between England/Castile/Portugal (aside from Batavia and the native nations). Really jumped out at me from the map.
-Is there a geographic reason why both England and Gran Colombia found themselves in control of both northern South America and southern Central America, or is it just coincidence?
-Why do Jaquetia and Abbeville have internal divisions, and not the others? Is it because of the large fiefs in the former province and the different religions forming enclaves in the latter?
-Why does Charki have a white outline?
-Who, if anyone, controls the Falklands?
Also,
after the racist wrongdoings of England reached they're height
should be their.

Litirland in 1700 AD

Even with the Treaty of Skarsborough being put into action, there were still many groups content with not following it. The five main signatories, Arrailur, Nyunatta, Scandinavia, Miquaka, and Vinland (and maybe Umbúðir, if you had any reason to count that), were only five of around fifteen centralized nations on the continent. There were the Ashoqua (Mexica) and the Tique (Tlaxcala) in the far south, civilizations arguably more organized than Lulachfrýgyld before being taken over by the French and Chinese. Of course, besides the gold-filled superpowers that dangled their wealth in front of colonizers like a carrot on a stick, there were smaller, more modest kingdoms.

Two hundred years after the reign of N’aghan, the first king of the Picawhamæ, the empire fell apart in a spectacular civil war. At a time just after European contact, in what the Christian calendar would call the 1470’s, the Frygian kingdoms were occupied with much larger things than helping or hurting a country that didn’t matter much to them. They were busy fighting the same European kingdoms that would eventually prey on the remains of the formerly great tribe. Starting as early as 1422, tribal movements into the Picawhamæ capital of Tpukizes were causing some serious upheaval. Tpukizes originally began as a colony, but eventually became their capital due to being central in the empire (OTL Chicago). This only ended up making it easier to attack by other tribes, whose migrations ended up bringing down the elite. The Mascouten, Winnebago, and Kaskakia chiefs, all of whom used to be friends with their Picawhamæ emperor, revolted to overthrow the empire holding them down. However, they ended up moving into the homeland of the Picawhamæ instead of the capital, and many others did the same. Other tribes moved away from the capital. The Fox chiefs ordered a southward march into Frygian territory, hopefully escaping the oncoming massacres. The Mdewakanton and Yankton tribes both migrated west, to where they hoped would be slightly out of reach of Picawhamæ generals. What finally collapsed the empire wasn’t tribal migrations, it was religion. People in the east of the empire, like the Erie and Wenro (well, when the Wenro were a part of their empire, at least) had converted to the types of paganism introduced by settlers in what would become Herbergia. The other half followed some form of crude Christianity, most of it deformed by the original beliefs practiced centuries before. But, what was one religion might as well have been ten, as no one group seemed to agree on any part of the Bible with another. The Picawhamæ’s final king, hoping to appease everyone, declared one universal religion, created as a hope to combine any and all beliefs of the people, thereby strengthening the empire in its twilight days. Needless to say, people didn’t buy it. The homeland of the Picawhamæ was uprooted, a successor of the empire was declared in Tpukizes, and the rest fell into anarchy.

Decades later, maybe a century or so, the city-states that had formed after the collapse were finally forming themselves into consolidated entities. The Menomini Kingdom was one of the first to be established, as they didn’t move themselves around much during the civil war. They stayed in the same place, with the same religion, and were able to flourish because of it. The Huron, called the Hirons to European settlers in Litirland, were adversaries to the Picawhamæ for centuries, the Xiongnu to their China. After the collapse of the homeland, the Huron were able to form a more unified government, and expanded into new land. Next came the Mdewakanton and the Iyesanyathi, successors to the Mdewankanton and Yankton governorates respectively. All four of these new countries, plus the Tpukizesian Empire itself, paled in comparison to the military might of Herbergia (a colony whose power wasn’t even that large in the first place). They expanded outside of their five original provinces by taking advantage of the division, and set up new colonies on what they named the Danskjavlar Peninsula (Michigan).

Of course, with the expansion of the Scandinavians came some… issues. Some people were adverse to the strict conversion and treatment of the natives, especially since many were already politically and religiously “advanced” according to them. Others hated the Scandinavian way of life entirely, and wanted to escape to Litirland where they were free to practice things other than the Scandinavian brand of Christianity. So, in 1677, a Thyrenian Christian woman named Trine Forsingdal escaped up the Ibalhandia River, crossed over the northern reaches of Tirnaland, and founded her own republic on the edge of Lake Overskyetsø (OTL Lake Nipissing). By 1700, the small but growing republic was run by High-Regent Ejgil Elkjær, a Jew. Trine lived in a small house on the edge of the lake, sometimes stopping to make trips up the Overskyet River to trade with the Hirons. She was marched out of the city after being caught in a relationship with a female friend, and ended up sailing into Menomini territory where she was never seen again (however, recent evidence suggests she lived as a trader, potentially disguising herself as a guy to continue her relationship with her former lover until her supposed death in 1734). At least it was progressive for its time...

The last few stragglers were in the south, normally only independent because they refused to call themselves Frygian. Gulyrfæra was the largest of these countries, made up of a combination of pagans and natives annoyed with being constantly hounded by missionaries. The majority of its inhabitants were either Old English or Scandinavian, and almost provided a meeting ground for the two cultures to intermingle. In addition to Gulyrfæra, there were many other pagan principalities run by maniacal kings. Luckily, most had little to no power. Going even further into Frygian territory, there were still holdouts run by the groups the Frygians had overrun in their original expansion. The Second Alliance of the Four Fires, a successor to the short-lived military alliance of the late-1100’s, was made up of the Chessain, Tenise, Tacate, and Cheƿocia (the latter arguably being the most powerful). While not economically or militarily powerful, the Second Alliance was culturally one of the most influential in the region. They drew people from all over the continent with their promises of native liberation, and were admired for their ability to resist any advancement of Frygian settlers into their territory. The same went for the Choctíwa, a nation so close to the action that they were nearly completely Ældenglicized. And, finally, in the far west, there was the Ciowan (Kiowan) Hegemony, a confederation of people so far away from Europeanized civilization they had basically started an empire free of anyone else’s influence. There was of course contact, but it was something of a muddle as to when the Ciowans actually formed a civilization, and the first formal meeting of a Ciowan dignitary and a Frygian king was in 1698, when a supposed noble named P’ahyton (his exact title isn’t currently known, he could have been a general or the king himself) met with Glædwine of Firgenstréam to discuss trade deals over mashed Muscadines.

litirland_in_1700_by_upvoteanthology-dajbawo.png

They don't have one. :p It's hard to build a colony when you don't have access to Gibraltar. Maybe I'll do something with them soon, though!

Great update - however, would Huron/Hiron be used? IIRC it was a French slur, so I suspect they'd be more likely to use something derived from Wyandot or Wendat.

They don't have one. :p It's hard to build a colony when you don't have access to Gibraltar. Maybe I'll do something with them soon, though!
No worries the only reason I asked was because in an earlier update you mentioned that they would explore the southern region together with Castille. You could try and make colonise maybe south Africa or head to Australia?

Great update - however, would Huron/Hiron be used? IIRC it was a French slur, so I suspect they'd be more likely to use something derived from Wyandot or Wendat.
Good point, I'll consider that in the next update.

No worries the only reason I asked was because in an earlier update you mentioned that they would explore the southern region together with Castille. You could try and make colonise maybe south Africa or head to Australia?
Ah, good point! I figured I mentioned it somewhere. :p I'm sure they were bidding to buy Saint Adalboro. I think I'll end up giving them some sort of alt-Cape Colony.

Good point, I'll consider that in the next update.

Ah, good point! I figured I mentioned it somewhere. :p I'm sure they were bidding to buy Saint Adalboro. I think I'll end up giving them some sort of alt-Cape Colony.
You could try and get them take Australia and make the capital Melbourne be renamed after the Basileus.