Thande

Donor
I should say that I remembered last year that I did the 'Hobbit practice' of giving other people a present on my own birthday, in the form of an LTTW update, so I thought I'd better do the same this year on my birthday today :D

I should say that I remembered last year that I did the 'Hobbit practice' of giving other people a present on my own birthday, in the form of an LTTW update, so I thought I'd better do the same this year on my birthday today :D

Happy birthday, old chap. Clearly you are exactly the correct age, whatever that may be. ;)

Happy birthday Thande!

Happy birthday, Thande!

Thande

Donor
Gripping - I like (celeri)pede for bike.
Is there something wrong with the formatting though.
There was when I first posted it, it's fixed now - it's because the new board software, excellent as it is in many ways, does not let you preview a BB code post before you post it (though you can preview any subsequent edits...because that makes sense).

There was when I first posted it, it's fixed now - it's because the new board software, excellent as it is in many ways, does not let you preview a BB code post before you post it (though you can preview any subsequent edits...because that makes sense).
If you click More Options, there's a preview button there.

Finally finished reading this timeline yesterday, so this was my first time reading an update as it came out.
Really enjoyed it, and now war's a comin'.

Happy birthday, and thanks for the hobbit-style gifting!

Things are off with quite a bang - seems someone has independently come up with the idea that war is "the locomotive of history..."

Swallows and Amazons, eh? I recall enjoying that book as a kid, but it's been so long that I fear revisiting, lest the suck fairy has been busy.

This update will be a good argument ITTL for not using private armies.

Happy birthday, Thande! :)

Really excited to see the world of LTTW "from the ground" so to speak, with this new format.

I liked the bit with the courier especially. California looks like a very promising country, I hope it turns out okay in the end. Also, that Caro Deakins, a sharp young woman on a bicycle in an alternate timeline California...she could basically be the protagonist of a Hayao Miyazaki film.

Happy belated birthday!

I must say I like this style even though I was skeptical at first.

So there's presumably going to be a "nationalist" revolution in the UPSA which will drag the country into the war and this will lead to the most unnationalist ideology gaining prominence. That's what I'm getting from this at least. :D
At least he didn’t have to worry about food spoiling in this whether

A typo here.

Economic ranking: Estimated at 4th in the world

So numbers 1 -3 are, in whichever order, the ENA, Russia and Feng China I presume?