Hmmm. If I read the NOLA piece correctly... if the FCoNO rises up and helps the ENA could it see the regaining of perhaps Wragg Province/*north Louisiana?

IF I read it correctly, I may very well have not.

Hmmm. If I read the NOLA piece correctly... if the FCoNO rises up and helps the ENA could it see the regaining of perhaps Wragg Province/*north Louisiana?

IF I read it correctly, I may very well have not.

I think it's too late for that, beyond some minor border adjustments. It's more a suggestion that unless the FCoNO and her corporate businessman rulers don't rise up then there may not be a Free City or any Businesses for them to rule once the ENA troops arrive.

I think it's too late for that, beyond some minor border adjustments. It's more a suggestion that unless the FCoNO and her corporate businessman rulers don't rise up then there may not be a Free City or any Businesses for them to rule once the ENA troops arrive.

Oh, that I understood perfectly - I was just wondering if they would throw in territory to sweeten the deal of "help us and you stay independent."

Nice city you have here. Shame if something were to happen to it...

Given the whole "Philadelphia Bloc" from Part #226, I'm assuming that the FCoNO accepts the American ultimatum.

War may be good for business, but it requires for you to actually be in a position to actually conduct business...

Yay for a new update! Sad you're putting this on hold for a month.

I was thinking the first part was going to be just a music oriented piece and then BAM!. A political intrigue. I like the idea of a small independent Louisiana, though. Unlikely to remain so if Carolina becomes part of the Combine though.

ananas).[8]

[8] Pineapple.

You English-speaking weirdos! :D

Columbus Islands

That's the Galapagos, right?

It feels like the Empire of North America is winning. What would be their ideal treaty, anyway?

Are the Mexicans in the war on Meridian side? If they are, the ENA would certainly want at least a piece of Tejas y Luisiana. Probably Wragg from Carolina and puppetise the rest of the country. No idea how much could they take from Russian North America. They might also want to strengthen and enlarge Venezuela if possible. Is retaking of the Falklands and South Georgia and South Sandwich islands feasible as well? :D

Rambam23

Banned
Thanks for the music update! This makes me wonder about the influences of trance music. OTL jazz was so heavily influenced by West African traditions and trance music looks to have the same influences. What's the instrumentation used? Do they move beyond major-minor tonality?

Wow just caught up and I'm devastated that I have to wait for new updates now T_T

In all seriousness though this is one of my favorite time lines I've read and I'm so happy to reach the most recent update of such a massive timeline and for once find that it's still alive. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for when Vol 2 is available in paperback; the tales of King Fred, Liseux, Benyovsky, and Sanchez deserve a physical place in my book collection.

Also I can't seem to recall the fate of the Empire of the Indies/New Spain after the Great American war, and I'm not sure it's been mentioned at all since the war except it's component kingdoms being mentioned as members of the Hermandad or the ENA's equivalent. Is it still a single entity under an emperor who's authority has become more and more a legal fiction, or are the four kingdoms actually independant(well, as much as Brazil or Guyana for example)?

I'm sorry for bumping the thread, guys. It's just that I've finally finished reading your awesome timeline, Thande! It might have taken me a little while, and I know you're on break, but I just want to say well done:D Just like Clarior I'm heartbroken waiting for updates, but it's more than made up for by the fact that I can now discuss them in real time!

Since I'm here, I have a question regarding the Pandoric War: would it be fair to say that it is generally regarded as more slapdash alliance-system-wise than WW1? It just seems so strange that all of these great powers would just decide to go to war, given that there were no really formal alliance systems aside from the whole ENA vs. UPSA. I am also very much looking forward to the beginning of Societism:eek: I'm very glad I got here in time to begin to see its rise! I bet I'm not the only one!

Just like Clarior I'm heartbroken waiting for updates, but it's more than made up for by the fact that I can now discuss them in real time!

This is the bane of this site. Whenever you catch up to a timeline, its author takes a long break from writing it. :D

It just seems so strange that all of these great powers would just decide to go to war, given that there were no really formal alliance systems aside from the whole ENA vs. UPSA.

ENA has its allies, UPSA has its allies. These two groups are understandable. Germany has its allies, Russia has its allies. These two groups (or rather their leaders) are opportunists, so they joined. Now we're just left wondering about France. But since we know that the ENA and France will divide New Holland amongs themselves, it'll probably join ENA/Germany side or remain neutral. The Guyanese will probably do something stupid about French Guyana which will provoke the French.

Last edited:
I will never not be amazed we essentially got a Dutch Brazil/New Holland (South America)-wank a century and a half after the obvious PODs for it would have happened.

Or a Quebecker Texas. Which then goes poof the way French Canada did.

Or Maryland nationalists.

Or even a divided Newfoundland!