Look to the West Volume IX: The Electric Circus

Everyone's talking on what a major entry this rightly is, yet here I am just quietly losing it in horror at the *Mormons influencing a huge part of the Silent Revolution in the worst way possible.
Compulsory polyamory? Analogous to the Oswaldians in WMIT

I wonder what is the difference between LTTW Russia pan slavicism and otl russian pan slavicism?
The same at first (unless the French Revolution made that sort of attitude distasteful), then they'll get super into Diversitarianism and go on a rant about how if they're not culturally Russian they're literally too alien to be made a part of the nation.

The same at first (unless the French Revolution made that sort of attitude distasteful), then they'll get super into Diversitarianism and go on a rant about how if they're not culturally Russian they're literally too alien to be made a part of the nation.
With how LTTW Russia is its own version of the Académie Française but for Russian, I can see it as a sign that pan-Slavicism is more intense. Since Russia is doing significantly better in this timeline, I can see more public support for the ideology than otl. I can definitely see Russia getting rid of any french, germen, and even Scandinavia "influence" in the Russian language and alphabet, which would make LTTW Russian sound and write differently than otl, all before it falls to diversitarianism funny enough.

But that's not the same thing as Pan-Slavism. Pan-Slavism would be about asserting all the Slavic peoples are one, which smacks pretty societist to me.

Last edited:
But that's not the same thing as Pan-Slavism. Pan-Slavism would be about asserting all the Slavic peoples are one, which smacks pretty Diversitarian to me.
Saying borders should be expanded to fully encompass X ethnicity is Lisieuxian though, it's long since fallen out of favor by now.

Saying borders should be expanded to fully encompass X ethnicity is Lisieuxian though, it's long since fallen out of favor by now.
And what does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about how pan-slavism would be societest and clearly Russia isn't gonna do that,

One could also argue that pan-Slavism would help prevent Slavic ethnicities from being swallowed up by other cultures and it's better for them to be under Russian "protection." Diversitarianism seems like it can be whatever people want it to be, both out of reflexive opposition to anything they see as societist and possibly because it requires people to accept multiple interpretations of it as equally valid.

One could also argue that pan-Slavism would help prevent Slavic ethnicities from being swallowed up by other cultures and it's better for them to be under Russian "protection." Diversitarianism seems like it can be whatever people want it to be, both out of reflexive opposition to anything they see as societist and possibly because it requires people to accept multiple interpretations of it as equally valid.
West: okay everyone, so we all agree that diversitarianism dictates that we must respect the real unique qualities of all cultures?

Russia:
306hbf.png

Rulers like Barkalus and Zuzantus might be seen as the tail wagging the dog, but that doesn’t they mean they don’t have enemies - paradoxically this is where the eventual support for the post-Societist states will come from, Platineans angry _their_ culture got suppressed - and just regular racism.

How does Human Cuisine form in the first place?

Last edited:
*googles*
My god, that's even more batshit than that one theory that says the Carolingian period didn't exist and was invented out of whole cloth. Yeesh.
Pretty much 😂 As for the Carolingian thing I recall a pretty good comic where the theory was true, the Catholic Church concocted and disseminated it and collective belief caused the imaginary period and all its physical evidence to retroactively always have existed

Rulers like Barkalus and Zuzantus might be seen as the tail wagging the dog, but that doesn’t they mean they don’t have enemies - paradoxically this is where the eventual support for the post-Societist states will come from, Platineans angry _their_ culture got suppressed - and just regular racism.
Assuming they'll survive to the Final War of Supremacy. I would not be at all surprised if ASN humanitarian aid is just pallet after pallet of history books with instructions to basically play-act them until it gets internalized.
How does Human Cuisine form in the first place?
A government department of state-supervised kitchens and culinary theorists. "Okay, we need a meat, starch and vegetable for every meal, plus spices and cooking method. What's statistically the most cross-culturally common set of each?"

Actually re: human cuisine it would be interesting if they boiled it down (ha ha) to the basic protein/starch/vegetable/spice formula and then decided to just pick the best/most nutritious of each and simply make it universal. The fact that even at the lowest levels the universal basic nutrition you're allocated is at least considered "adequate" would encourage that sort of attitude, with the quality/ratio of the ingredients shifting as you're meritocratically pushed up the social ladder.

Actually re: human cuisine it would be interesting if they boiled it down (ha ha) to the basic protein/starch/vegetable/spice formula and then decided to just pick the best/most nutritious of each and simply make it universal. The fact that even at the lowest levels the universal basic nutrition you're allocated is at least considered "adequate" would encourage that sort of attitude, with the quality/ratio of the ingredients shifting as you're meritocratically pushed up the social ladder.
The problem with cuisine is that people just assimilate and adapt ingredients and just make it their own all the time.

IMO, the Combine might just rename things, and have done with it - it would just be waaaaaaay too much effort otherwise.