Logistics of an Israeli evacuation

joseph34

Banned
If one of the Arab-Israeli wars didn't turn out so well for Israel and they had to get as many people onto ships as possible before they lose control of the land, how could it be done? How many people would they reasonably have been able to load onto ships in 1967, 1973, or any time afterwards? Would the navies and merchant fleets of other nations cooperate?

Last edited:
If one of the Arab-Israeli wars didn't turn out so well for Israel and they had to get as many people onto ships as possible before they lose control of the land, how could it be done? How many people would they reasonably have been able to load onto ships in 1967, 1973, or any time afterwards? Would the navies and merchant fleets of other nations cooperate?
73 there is no chance, israelis should use the nuke if it gets that bad for them

Osman Aga

Banned
73 there is no chance, israelis should use the nuke if it gets that bad for them

I highly doubt the US would allow the Jews exterminated so easily, even in '73. A ceasefire will take place and a strip of land would be used as UN zone for Israeli Jews, protected by x country.

Either the Arab Armies halt their advance or the US hits them back.

Last edited:

Osman Aga

Banned
What if Israel is squashed in the crib in the 1948?
Depending on the circumstances the Arab Armies faced. If the Israelis resisted a lot then the Arabs will massacre quite some Jews until the USA, USSR and Western Europeans take in some of the Jews. At least the Eastern European Jews.

Osman Aga

Banned
First cuestion is if there would be an evacuation. I sadly doubt any would happen

There won't be an evacuation because it would be impractical to evacuate millions. Who would want to leave? And if they won't the Arab Armies would advance further. But if they do that the US would intervene.

Last edited:

Osman Aga

Banned

Not much initially. Depending on how miserable the state of the Jews are in this former Israel. Whomever has wealth could find their way to the US, Canada or Australia. The others will experience the hellhole that is refugee camps.

It would have to be a time before Israel had their atomics, I assume this would be the 67 war. Maybe the coast of Spanish Sahara for "temporary" camps. If 48 I can't see a good outcome if the Arab military prevails, a lot of talk and somewhere rises the analog of the Jewish Police Unions society.Maybe coast of north western Australia?

After Israel got the bomb evacuation is no topic. If the advancing enemy forces enter Israel proper, the nukes will fly and Israel will quickly regain the positions in the ensuing chaos. And even in 1948 I really struggle to see how the Arab armies would destroy the Israeli forces - the Arab forces didn't really communicate with each other, every nation tried to advance his own position and this inter-Arab struggle could be used by Israel.

If Israel failed to take off and they had to evacuate the jews living there, would zionism still live on as a tangible goal among the Jewish diaspora?

Or would they eventually stop caring like how Germans stopped caring about Silesia.

If Israel failed to take off and they had to evacuate the jews living there, would zionism still live on as a tangible goal among the Jewish diaspora?

Or would they eventually stop caring like how Germans stopped caring about Silesia.
many would probably give up but there would still be some that would still hold on to the dream, the differance with the Germans is they still had a country without Silesia.