Little Boy failed to detonate

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my second year, Chem major, but last semester was bad enough that I'll be doing somthing else in the fall, as inworking to pay back the student loan:(.

This semester went better, but my GPA is still really low courtesy of my poor marks in the fall, so I'll be doing something else come September.

Second year HLS major... Contemplating changing it though to something else though...

Now, now, chaps. While it seemed possible that this all could be resolved at first, it's clearly gone too far now, and further conversation is feeding. So Ignore Lists, eh? :)

Yep, Eleven11 now has the distinction of being the first person ever to be on my Ignore List...

Does no one here drink coffee (good italian coffee):D.

What's with all this tea business. My whole family is addicted to it, and apparently so are all of you.

I REMAIN DEFIANT.

It's unbelievable, not one single military target.
Because the Japanese had been dealing with the destruction of Military targets since December 8th, 1941....they expected it, and the destruction of a military targert would not have phased them.
It is only when you prove to a nation that you can strike at its civiilian population,thus making them war weary and willing to alter the government that has them in said war, will the country begin to consider peace...at least, in the kind of war that World War Two was..
Oh--if it's not too much trouble--do you have any darjeeling please?
I've heard good things about darjeeling, are they true?

Because the Japanese had been dealing with the destruction of Military targets since December 8th, 1941....they expected it, and the destruction of a military targert would not have phased them.
It is only when you prove to a nation that you can strike at its civiilian population,thus making them war weary and willing to alter the government that has them in said war, will the country begin to consider peace...at least, in the kind of war that World War Two was..

I've heard good things about darjeeling, are they true?

Absolute bullshit. Bombing of civilian targets accomplished absolutely nothing and was a giant waste of resources. Britain, Germany, and Russia were all heavily bombed civilian-target-wise and it did nothing to flag their war efforts.

In Japan there was military benefit from bombing cities because Japanese industry depended on parts produced in ma and pa shops in homes, but it didn't destroy the will to resist. Even the nuking didn't as much as the Soviet invasion of Manchuria.

If the bomb had been used on a military target it would have had as great an impact - maybe even greater if it had been within sight of Tokyo instead of so far away a commission had to be sent to investigate.

There was no excuse whatsoever for nuking a civilian center - the military did it because they wanted to see what the effects of nuking a civilian cetner would be.

There was no excuse whatsoever for nuking a civilian center - the military did it because they wanted to see what the effects of nuking a civilian cetner would be.

Hirosima is a civilian, industry, military centre and a port. As you stated in your own post, the then Japanese industry relied on a lot of home workshops. That means they city of Hirosima itself, just like Tokyo and most other major Japanese City, is a industry area crucial to the Japanese war effort. Furthermore, it is an important railway hub and I think a army- level HQ was located there.

Granted, the reason that Hirosima has been spared in the previous bomber offensive was proabaly that the military considered the city a good test site for atom bomb. The equally undesirable altrernative is probably eariler destruction of Hirosima by the B-29s....

Absolute bullshit. Bombing of civilian targets accomplished absolutely nothing and was a giant waste of resources. Britain, Germany, and Russia were all heavily bombed civilian-target-wise and it did nothing to flag their war efforts.
Well it must have done something even if it was just divert troops to AA defences, although I agree it was not effective in breaking morale, which was the hope.
In Japan there was military benefit from bombing cities because Japanese industry depended on parts produced in ma and pa shops in homes, but it didn't destroy the will to resist. Even the nuking didn't as much as the Soviet invasion of Manchuria.
I don't know, but I've often wondered if the "a lathe in every home" story was actually true or it was just a rationalisation for indiscriminate attacks.
If the bomb had been used on a military target it would have had as great an impact - maybe even greater if it had been within sight of Tokyo instead of so far away a commission had to be sent to investigate.
In theory they were used on military targets (the aiming points were factories) obviously collateral damage was huge.:eek: IIRC there were voices calling for a demonstration in Tokyo Bay including Edward Teller who was no peace-nick, and a lot of the other scientists on the project.
There doesn't seem much question that there were those who wanted to see the effect on buildings IIRC. The moral question is somewhat unresolvable IMO, it did stop the war and probably overall casualties were lower because of that (I know it might have come to an end anyway, but that isn't definite).

Eleven11

Banned
I have now given up on you. I thought you were simply misunderstood,
That's a good one.
but it has become clear that you're trying to 'prove' that the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima was, in fact, faked.
Nothing here has hurt that theory in the least.
In other words, you are a conspiracy theorist masquerading as an alternate history enthusiast.
You are correct. In many circles I am known as the Father of A-Bomb Revisionism. This thread is going into my files as further evidence that the atom bomb is a hoax. I felt that if I asked the question in this forum format people would be more relaxed and speak freely and I would discover if there had been a backup plan for Little Boy. Obviously the atom bomb denial question is so upsetting to the hoaxsters that they spread operatives throughout the internet to scorn people exposing that or, as we have seen here, insinuating that for a hypothetical model. So, it's been fun and I am that much closer to proving conclusively that we were lied to massively about atom bombs and war.

This thread is going into my files as further evidence that the atom bomb is a hoax.

Jolly good for you. :)

I felt that if I asked the question in this forum format people would be more relaxed and speak freely and I would discover if there had been a backup plan for Little Boy.

Yes--the 100 or so replies to your questions were all about tea and did not address any of your myriad questions in any shape or form whatsoever. :)

Obviously the atom bomb denial question is so upsetting to the hoaxsters that they spread operatives throughout the internet to scorn people exposing that or, as we have seen here, insinuating that for a hypothetical model.

Darn--and here we were thinking that we did a good job hiding our operative status. Oh well--jolly good show, old chap. :)

So, it's been fun and I am that much closer to proving conclusively that we were lied to massively about atom bombs and war.

Will this mean that you'll be leaving us? So soon? There were more operatives on standby to scorn any other theories you might espouse but if you insist on leaving -- have a nice day. :)

Eleven11

Banned
So pray tell what did wipe out those cities then?
Hundreds of B-29 carrying M-69 aimable cluster firebomblets exactly like they did to Tokyo 6 months earlier. No shockwave, charred trees left standing and streets clear of debris. The aerial photos do not lie. Atom bomb hoaxsters lie.Just think about Enola gay for a moment. That was the single B-29 the history books say dropped the so-called Little Boy atom bomb on Hiroshima. According to the story the bomber was 30,000 feet above Hiroshima when they dropped the physics package. Still with me? Now, the reports go on to say that the crew of Enola Gay felt two violent shock waves when the bomb went off. That means the blast wave was so powerful it travelled through 28,000 feet of atmospher to rock the huge B-29 TWICE. Imagine the shockwave for those 2000 feet directly below such a violent blast. You might imagine steets covered with strewn debris, tree uprooted and thrown acros town and a big crater on the center of the city. Instead, we find no evidence of a shockwave. Trees charred and still standing with their fragile burnt extremities intact, streets clear, underground piping still functional etc.Also, think about the mushroom cloud seen so often to depict the explosion at Hiroshima and realize that mushroom clouds do not grow out of airborne radial explosions. When did you ever see a fireworks display sprouting a mushroom cloud. Mushroom clouds need to be seeded from the ground and must have a stable upper air mass to cool down into the mushroom configuration. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were both bombed with conventional explosives. For Hiroshima my calculations show 164 B-29 using 1000 tons of M-69 firebomblets. They dropped 2700 tns of the same ordinance on Tokyo March 9-10, 1945.

Eleven11

Banned
He is a historical reivisionist with no hard evidence to prove himself. He is a troll and has been put on the ignore list by most. Ian has been notified and Eleven will be dealt with.
You are frustrated because you can't defend the set of lies we have been taught in the history books. You would like everyone to be as pragmatic as you when discussing these matters

Status
Not open for further replies.