List of monarchs III

[POD: the Gun powder plot goes off as planned killing King James along with Prince Henry of Wales.]

King of England, Ireland and Scotland
1603 - 1605: James VI and I (House of Stuart)
1605 - 1662: Elizabeth I and II (House of Stuart) [1]
1662 - 1678: Charles I (House of Stuart) [2]
1678 - 1701: James VII and II (House of Stuart) [3]
1701 - 1712: Charles II (House of Stuart) [4]
1712 - 1719: Charles Robert I (House of Stuart) [5]
1719 - 1722: Mary II (House of Stuart) [6]
1722 - 1739: James VIII and III (House of Stuart) [7]
1739 - 1755: Charles Robert II (House of Tweed) [8]
1755 - 1756: James IX and IV (House of Tweed) [9]
1756 - 1759: Peter Robert I (House of Kent) [10]
1759 - 1789: James X and V (House of Kent) [11]
1789 - 1820: Eleanor (House of Kent) [12]

Emperors of Great Britain and Ireland

1820 - 1834: Eleanor (House of Kent) [12]
1834 - 1851: Mary III (House of Kent) [13]
1851 - 1892: Charles III (House of de Sotomayor) [14]
1892 - 1921: Patricia (House of de Sotomayor) [15]
1921 - 1932: John William I (House of Walshingham) [16]
1932 - 1942: Godwin II (House of Wessex)[17]

[1] After the assassination of King James VI and his eldest son, the conspirators kidnapped, 9 year old, Elizabeth from Coombe Abbey, and place her on the throne of England, Ireland and Scotland as a Catholic monarch.
Her brother, Prince Charles was seen as too feeble (having only just learnt to walk) and Mary too young, while Elizabeth on the other hand had already attended formal functions, and knew how to fulfill a ceremonial role despite her comparative youth. In 1614, she was married to the Archduke Maximilian (who was Catholic), with whom she had 13 children.
During her 57 year reign, the country never fully went back to Catholicism, like under Queen Mary I, but as Catholics remained the great majority of the population, there had been a much larger degree of toleration between the two religions. She died in 1663, handing the throne over to her son, Prince Ferdinand of Wales.
[2] Charles ascended the throne after his mother's death. He wasn't the most pious of Catholic kings and was frequently known to dabble and have affairs with multiple women as well as having fathered many bastards. As a king he was an able administrator and reined in the rebellious British parliament which had stirred much trouble for the King James and had opposed him quite a bit as well. To the Protestants of the nation he was known as a mediator that stopped many minor and local inquisitions by the Archbishop of York, a zealous Spaniard who had been given the title. He died in May 1678 during a suspicious hunting accident.
[3] James, Charles eldest true-born son, was rumored to have had a hand in his father's death. These hearsays plagued his reign from beginning to end. A religious Catholic, James often went on pilgrimages to Rome. He married the French princess Josephine of Orléans, thus cementing a strong Franco-British alliance. Upon his death in 1701 he was passed the throne unto his nephew, Charles II
[4] Charles II, nephew of James ruled only for 11 years and nothing of note happened during his reign. He was succeeded by his brother Robert.
[5] Robert Charles I, brother of Charles II, ruled for 7 years. The only thing of difference between him and his brother, as the old joke stated, lay in the changing of the coins and the monarch's obsession with exotic plants. He sponsored several trips to the East Indies but never found the finances to do so. He appointed his daughter Mary as heir and died of natural causes.
[6] Mary, daughter of Charles Robert I, had a short and tumultous reign. During her rule the country saw the Highland Rebellion where the Protestant Highlands of Scotland revolted against Catholic rule. Mary put down the rebellion but was forced to abdicate by parliament as she was used as a scapegoat for the insurrection. She was succeeded by her cousin James
[7] James VIII and III was the cousin of Mary and descended from Charles I. He was a strange King but he was also kind and generous. However in the early years of the 1730s he began to slip into madness, claiming to see the mythical witch Morgana Le Fay everywhere he went. Finally after his madness nearly bankrupted the kingdom from 1734 to 1738, he was forced off the throne in 1739 by his eldest son Charles Robert II. James VIII and III would live on in seclusion and madness for the next thirteen years, finally succumbing to his madness in 1752.
[8] Charles Robert II, born Charles James Stuart, grew up in the household of Lord Tweed, whom he considered a greater father figure than mad James VIII ever was. A reckless young man with a quick temper, Charles Robert never held much love for his father who was hardly there in his childhood. Upon deposing the old king, Charles Robert took the name of Tweed in recognition of Lord Tweed who reared him. He ruled for sixteen years before he died of food poisoning. Some suspect his French wife Isabella of Provence having a hand in his murder so their young son James could take the throne with her as queen regent.
[9] James IX was always in a weak position as his mother, Isabella of Provence was hated by the English and Scottish people. He was never able to govern in his own right and was murdered in his bed in Westminster Palace. His mother was also murdered on the same day. It is believed that the murders were ordered by the Duke of Kent in order to install his son, Peter, as King.
[10] Half jokingly referred to as "The Duke's King", Peter Robert I ruled as his father commanded him to do, and continued a woeful trend in English/Scottish monarchs to be wholly dependent on a cadre of leading noble families. The only thing good about King Peter Robert I lay in the nascent developments of (limited) democracy (for those with money) in the realm. He died as he lived with his appointment of his nephew James being "approved" by his father's allies.
[11] James X and V would prove to be a greater monarch than his uncle as he refused to kowtow to the nobles and had a greater grasp on the throne. The first monarch to rule for more than twenty years since James VII and II, James X would rule for thirty years and crush all forms of rebellion including a civil war which lasted from 1763 to 1767. All conspirators of the war were quickly executed and James would rule through an watchful peace until his death in 1789. Noted however, was the absolute hatred with which James X regarded democracy as he believed that the absolute power in a nation should rest with the monarchy. He went as far as the make a law that would come in time to be known as the Law of King James, which states all decision regarding the nations of England and Scotland would rest only with the King or Queen. He then added that only a male descendant of himself, James X could repeal the law. James believed that this would end all talks of democracy within his country as he had no sons, only three daughters, the eldest of which would inherit his throne as Eleanor.
[12] Upon ascending the throne Eleanor simply declared her father to have been mentally unsound and under the influence of evil advisors and had the 'Law of King James' declared null and void. Her reign became known as 'the Peaceful Era' in which the British Isles themselves was untroubled by the violence and radical movements consuming Europe at that time, though several colonial wars were waged in Africa and Asia to increase the wealth of the dual kingdoms. Eleanor began a process to unify the Kingdoms of England and Scotland into a single political unit that was completed in 1820, the Empire of Great Britain and Ireland was born with Eleanor as it's first Emperor. When she died in 1834, Eleanor left the throne to her sister, Mary.
[13] Mary was the younger sister of Eleanor. Never groomed for the throne, her announcement as Eleanor's heir was quite the shock. Mary had little interest in affairs of the state and much of the ruling was done by her husband, King Philip VI of Spain. For this she was known as the 'Spanish Queen', little-loved by the people of the British Isles who felt they were ruled by a foreigner. Upon her death her son, Charles de Sotomayor, ascended the throne.
[14] Second son of Mary III and Philip VI of Spain, Charles was born in 1836 and was crowned as Prince of Wales a year later.
He was picked over his older brother, Philip, who became King Philip VII at their father's death in 1848.
King Henry V of France, was angered at the close alliance between his two close neighbours, forming a Grand Alliance of France, Russia, Austria, United Kingdoms of Denmark and Holy Papal Empire of Rome, which in 1859, declared war against Spain and British Isles.
The Grand Alliance was beaten in 1873, after a series of major conflicts, which saw the mighty navy of Britain and field military strengh of Spain take most of Western Europe under a united occupation.
When King Charles III, died in 1892, he left his kingdom to Patricia, his only child, from his Irish wife, Queen Patricia.
[15] Patricia was her mother's namesake and took the throne a mere week after turning 18. Young and naïve she quickly became dependent upon her advisors, most notably John Walshingham who became Lord Privy Seal and later her husband. It was during her reign that Parliament began reassuming it's lost powers, creating a balance between the Crown and the growing power of the middle class and their elected representatives. While the Queen had three children, she was quite taken with smoking (which had been quite fashionable) and died of (then hardly heard of illness) lung cancer in her early forties, leaving the throne to her son, John William.
[16] The first British Emperor to take a double name, and the only one named John William to date. Abdicated in 1932 after his father was caught up in a banking scandal involving several institutions in the Commonwealth of Virginia, triggering a crisis in that nation. As he himself had no heirs, the throne passed to William Peters, distant familial relative, and holder of the Earldom of Wessex
[17] William Peters assumed the regal name of Godwin II, due to his erroneous assumption that the previous holder of the Earldom of Wessex had been King of England, and ruled with a fair hand. Emperor Godwin instigated a series of democratic reforms. In his brief reign he appointed his ____ ____ as his heir. Many of his kind acts coined the common phrase 'Goodwin's Laws'. It is regrettable that the European and North American politics took to war and Emperor Godwin is known to have given many speeches about peace. He died of a sudden heart attack while trying to attain an elusive peace on the Continent.

[POD: the Gun powder plot goes off as planned killing King James along with Prince Henry of Wales.]

1942 - 1947: George I (House of Weilburg-Hesse)[18]

[1] After the assassination of King James VI and his eldest son, the conspirators kidnapped, 9 year old, Elizabeth from Coombe Abbey, and place her on the throne of England, Ireland and Scotland as a Catholic monarch.
Her brother, Prince Charles was seen as too feeble (having only just learnt to walk) and Mary too young, while Elizabeth on the other hand had already attended formal functions, and knew how to fulfill a ceremonial role despite her comparative youth. In 1614, she was married to the Archduke Maximilian (who was Catholic), with whom she had 13 children.
During her 57 year reign, the country never fully went back to Catholicism, like under Queen Mary I, but as Catholics remained the great majority of the population, there had been a much larger degree of toleration between the two religions. She died in 1663, handing the throne over to her son, Prince Ferdinand of Wales.
[2] Charles ascended the throne after his mother's death. He wasn't the most pious of Catholic kings and was frequently known to dabble and have affairs with multiple women as well as having fathered many bastards. As a king he was an able administrator and reined in the rebellious British parliament which had stirred much trouble for the King James and had opposed him quite a bit as well. To the Protestants of the nation he was known as a mediator that stopped many minor and local inquisitions by the Archbishop of York, a zealous Spaniard who had been given the title. He died in May 1678 during a suspicious hunting accident.
[3] James, Charles eldest true-born son, was rumored to have had a hand in his father's death. These hearsays plagued his reign from beginning to end. A religious Catholic, James often went on pilgrimages to Rome. He married the French princess Josephine of Orléans, thus cementing a strong Franco-British alliance. Upon his death in 1701 he was passed the throne unto his nephew, Charles II
[4] Charles II, nephew of James ruled only for 11 years and nothing of note happened during his reign. He was succeeded by his brother Robert.
[5] Robert Charles I, brother of Charles II, ruled for 7 years. The only thing of difference between him and his brother, as the old joke stated, lay in the changing of the coins and the monarch's obsession with exotic plants. He sponsored several trips to the East Indies but never found the finances to do so. He appointed his daughter Mary as heir and died of natural causes.
[6] Mary, daughter of Charles Robert I, had a short and tumultous reign. During her rule the country saw the Highland Rebellion where the Protestant Highlands of Scotland revolted against Catholic rule. Mary put down the rebellion but was forced to abdicate by parliament as she was used as a scapegoat for the insurrection. She was succeeded by her cousin James
[7] James VIII and III was the cousin of Mary and descended from Charles I. He was a strange King but he was also kind and generous. However in the early years of the 1730s he began to slip into madness, claiming to see the mythical witch Morgana Le Fay everywhere he went. Finally after his madness nearly bankrupted the kingdom from 1734 to 1738, he was forced off the throne in 1739 by his eldest son Charles Robert II. James VIII and III would live on in seclusion and madness for the next thirteen years, finally succumbing to his madness in 1752.
[8] Charles Robert II, born Charles James Stuart, grew up in the household of Lord Tweed, whom he considered a greater father figure than mad James VIII ever was. A reckless young man with a quick temper, Charles Robert never held much love for his father who was hardly there in his childhood. Upon deposing the old king, Charles Robert took the name of Tweed in recognition of Lord Tweed who reared him. He ruled for sixteen years before he died of food poisoning. Some suspect his French wife Isabella of Provence having a hand in his murder so their young son James could take the throne with her as queen regent.
[9] James IX was always in a weak position as his mother, Isabella of Provence was hated by the English and Scottish people. He was never able to govern in his own right and was murdered in his bed in Westminster Palace. His mother was also murdered on the same day. It is believed that the murders were ordered by the Duke of Kent in order to install his son, Peter, as King.
[10] Half jokingly referred to as "The Duke's King", Peter Robert I ruled as his father commanded him to do, and continued a woeful trend in English/Scottish monarchs to be wholly dependent on a cadre of leading noble families. The only thing good about King Peter Robert I lay in the nascent developments of (limited) democracy (for those with money) in the realm. He died as he lived with his appointment of his nephew James being "approved" by his father's allies.
[11] James X and V would prove to be a greater monarch than his uncle as he refused to kowtow to the nobles and had a greater grasp on the throne. The first monarch to rule for more than twenty years since James VII and II, James X would rule for thirty years and crush all forms of rebellion including a civil war which lasted from 1763 to 1767. All conspirators of the war were quickly executed and James would rule through an watchful peace until his death in 1789. Noted however, was the absolute hatred with which James X regarded democracy as he believed that the absolute power in a nation should rest with the monarchy. He went as far as the make a law that would come in time to be known as the Law of King James, which states all decision regarding the nations of England and Scotland would rest only with the King or Queen. He then added that only a male descendant of himself, James X could repeal the law. James believed that this would end all talks of democracy within his country as he had no sons, only three daughters, the eldest of which would inherit his throne as Eleanor.
[12] Upon ascending the throne Eleanor simply declared her father to have been mentally unsound and under the influence of evil advisors and had the 'Law of King James' declared null and void. Her reign became known as 'the Peaceful Era' in which the British Isles themselves was untroubled by the violence and radical movements consuming Europe at that time, though several colonial wars were waged in Africa and Asia to increase the wealth of the dual kingdoms. Eleanor began a process to unify the Kingdoms of England and Scotland into a single political unit that was completed in 1820, the Empire of Great Britain and Ireland was born with Eleanor as it's first Emperor. When she died in 1834, Eleanor left the throne to her sister, Mary.
[13] Mary was the younger sister of Eleanor. Never groomed for the throne, her announcement as Eleanor's heir was quite the shock. Mary had little interest in affairs of the state and much of the ruling was done by her husband, King Philip VI of Spain. For this she was known as the 'Spanish Queen', little-loved by the people of the British Isles who felt they were ruled by a foreigner. Upon her death her son, Charles de Sotomayor, ascended the throne.
[14] Second son of Mary III and Philip VI of Spain, Charles was born in 1836 and was crowned as Prince of Wales a year later.
He was picked over his older brother, Philip, who became King Philip VII at their father's death in 1848.
King Henry V of France, was angered at the close alliance between his two close neighbours, forming a Grand Alliance of France, Russia, Austria, United Kingdoms of Denmark and Holy Papal Empire of Rome, which in 1859, declared war against Spain and British Isles.
The Grand Alliance was beaten in 1873, after a series of major conflicts, which saw the mighty navy of Britain and field military strengh of Spain take most of Western Europe under a united occupation.
When King Charles III, died in 1892, he left his kingdom to Patricia, his only child, from his Irish wife, Queen Patricia.
[15] Patricia was her mother's namesake and took the throne a mere week after turning 18. Young and naïve she quickly became dependent upon her advisors, most notably John Walshingham who became Lord Privy Seal and later her husband. It was during her reign that Parliament began reassuming it's lost powers, creating a balance between the Crown and the growing power of the middle class and their elected representatives. While the Queen had three children, she was quite taken with smoking (which had been quite fashionable) and died of (then hardly heard of illness) lung cancer in her early forties, leaving the throne to her son, John William.
[16] The first British Emperor to take a double name, and the only one named John William to date. Abdicated in 1932 after his father was caught up in a banking scandal involving several institutions in the Commonwealth of Virginia, triggering a crisis in that nation. As he himself had no heirs, the throne passed to William Peters, distant familial relative, and holder of the Earldom of Wessex
[17] William Peters assumed the regal name of Godwin II, due to his erroneous assumption that the previous holder of the Earldom of Wessex had been King of England, and ruled with a fair hand. Emperor Godwin instigated a series of democratic reforms. In his brief reign he appointed his nephew, Prince George of Weilburg-Hesse, as his heir. Many of his kind acts coined the common phrase 'Goodwin's Laws'. It is regrettable that the European and North American politics took to war and Emperor Godwin is known to have given many speeches about peace. He died of a sudden heart attack while trying to attain an elusive peace on the Continent.
[18] Prince George, was the only son of Princess Catherine of Great Britain and Victor, Duke of Weilburg-Hesse. Catherin was Godwin's sister.
Prince George married into the Luxembourg family, by marrying Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg, daughter of Grand Duchess Charlotte and Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma in 1938.
Emperor George I, was assassinated by pro-europeanrepublican, Joseph Grimond, only five years into his reign.
With his wife, Empress Elizabeth, taking the role of Regent to their young son, ______, who succeeded to the throne, aged ___.

1947 - 1955: Goderic I (House of Weilburg-Hesse)[19]

[17] William Peters assumed the regal name of Godwin II, due to his erroneous assumption that the previous holder of the Earldom of Wessex had been King of England, and ruled with a fair hand. Emperor Godwin instigated a series of democratic reforms. In his brief reign he appointed his nephew, Prince George of Weilburg-Hesse, as his heir. Many of his kind acts coined the common phrase 'Goodwin's Laws'. It is regrettable that the European and North American politics took to war and Emperor Godwin is known to have given many speeches about peace. He died of a sudden heart attack while trying to attain an elusive peace on the Continent.
[18] Prince George, was the only son of Princess Catherine of Great Britain and Victor, Duke of Weilburg-Hesse. Catherin was Godwin's sister.
Prince George married into the Luxembourg family, by marrying Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg, daughter of Grand Duchess Charlotte and Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma in 1938.
Emperor George I, was assassinated by pro-europeanrepublican, Joseph Grimond, only five years into his reign.
With his wife, Empress Elizabeth, taking the role of Regent to their young son, Goderic, who succeeded to the throne, aged 16.
[19] Goderic, there was never something quite right about the fellow, or so the neo-folk song goes. May have suffered from a type of *Asperger's. Abdicated in 1955, egged on by his uncle. As he had no heirs, and Empress Elisabeth had died of a stroke at the young age of 47, a Welsh countess, ____ was crowned Queen in his stead. Goderic, meanwhile, still lived comfortably, but was always viewed as eccentric, if loved by the locals of a certain small town in Derbyshire where he'd built a summer home. He died in September, 2010, aged 79.

][POD: the Gun powder plot goes off as planned killing King James along with Prince Henry of Wales.]

1955 - 1970: Senana I (House of Powis)[20]

Prince George married into the Luxembourg family, by marrying Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg, daughter of Grand Duchess Charlotte and Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma in 1938. Emperor George I, was assassinated by pro-European republican, Joseph Grimond, only five years into his reign. With his wife, Empress Elizabeth, taking the role of Regent to their young son, Goderic, who succeeded to the throne, aged 16.
[19] Goderic, there was never something quite right about the fellow, or so the neo-folk song goes. May have suffered from a type of *Asperger's. Abdicated in 1955, egged on by his uncle. As he had no heirs, and Empress Elisabeth had died of a stroke at the young age of 47, a Welsh countess of the Earldom of Powis was crowned Queen in his stead. Goderic, meanwhile, still lived comfortably, but was always viewed as eccentric, if loved by the locals of a certain small town in Derbyshire where he'd built a summer home. He died in September, 2010, aged 79.
[20] Countess Senana, relative to the Earl of Powis, and given title due to a close marriage, ruled as Empress Senana for 15 years. She is commonly referred to as 'the Empress Grace' due to her steady hand in administering the realm. Her rule is marked with a cultural revolution, the economic binding of the Empire to the Continent, and the push for equal representation of Ireland in Parliament. She appointed her _____ _____ as heir and died of natural causes.

1970 - 2015: John II (House of Powis) [21]

Prince George married into the Luxembourg family, by marrying Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg, daughter of Grand Duchess Charlotte and Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma in 1938. Emperor George I, was assassinated by pro-European republican, Joseph Grimond, only five years into his reign. With his wife, Empress Elizabeth, taking the role of Regent to their young son, Goderic, who succeeded to the throne, aged 16.
[19] Goderic, there was never something quite right about the fellow, or so the neo-folk song goes. May have suffered from a type of *Asperger's. Abdicated in 1955, egged on by his uncle. As he had no heirs, and Empress Elisabeth had died of a stroke at the young age of 47, a Welsh countess of the Earldom of Powis was crowned Queen in his stead. Goderic, meanwhile, still lived comfortably, but was always viewed as eccentric, if loved by the locals of a certain small town in Derbyshire where he'd built a summer home. He died in September, 2010, aged 79.
[20] Countess Senana, relative to the Earl of Powis, and given title due to a close marriage, ruled as Empress Senana for 15 years. She is commonly referred to as 'the Empress Grace' due to her steady hand in administering the realm. Her rule is marked with a cultural revolution, the economic binding of the Empire to the Continent, and the push for equal representation of Ireland in Parliament. She appointed her brother John as heir and died of natural causes.
[21] John ascended the throne at middle age, and ruled until he was quite old. Under him, the economic union with Europe became a political one, yet John kept Bitain from the federation, founded in 2002. Tensions with Europe grew after the union was formed,. John was forced to aligned Britain with America tp counter the European-African alliance. He died at an old age.

1970 - 2015: John II (House of Powis) [21]
2015 - Present: Charles III (House of Powis) [22]

[20] Countess Senana, relative to the Earl of Powis, and given title due to a close marriage, ruled as Empress Senana for 15 years. She is commonly referred to as 'the Empress Grace' due to her steady hand in administering the realm. Her rule is marked with a cultural revolution, the economic binding of the Empire to the Continent, and the push for equal representation of Ireland in Parliament. She appointed her brother John as heir and died of natural causes.
[21] John ascended the throne at middle age, and ruled until he was quite old. Under him, the economic union with Europe became a political one, yet John kept Bitain from the federation, founded in 2002. Tensions with Europe grew after the union was formed,. John was forced to aligned Britain with America tp counter the European-African alliance. He died at an old age.
[22] Charles, son of John, is the current monarch. He is a popular sovereign, noted for his charming character and roguish looks.

POD: After the revolutionary war, George Washington becomes absolute monarch of the United Kingdom of America

Monarchs of the United Kingdom of America
1782 - 1799: George I (House of Washington) [1]

[1] Hero of the Revolutionary War, George became the first monarch in the American continent after overthrowing British rule. Admired as an almost-legendary figure in American folklore by his supporters and seen as a tyrannical megalomaniac who ruined the new country's relations with France by his critics (including fellow rebel leaders Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin), George was a polarising figure who created the strongest monarchy yet seen in the world with a very weak and ineffectual parliament. George, having no children, chose ____ as his heir upon his death.

POD: After the revolutionary war, George Washington becomes absolute monarch of the United Kingdom of America

1799 - 1826: John I (House of Adams) [2]

[1] Hero of the Revolutionary War, George became the first monarch in the American continent after overthrowing British rule. Admired as an almost-legendary figure in American folklore by his supporters and seen as a tyrannical megalomaniac who ruined the new country's relations with France by his critics (including fellow rebel leaders Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin), George was a polarising figure who created the strongest monarchy yet seen in the world with a very weak and ineffectual parliament. George, having no children, chose ____ as his heir upon his death.
[2]John was a fair and just ruler, but found the kingdom already on shaky ground-the war with France over Louisiana was particularly costly.....the issue of slavery in the Southern Provinces also started to become vexing. Died in 1826, with the country already facing an uncertain future.

1826 - 1829: John Francis I (House of Adams) [3]

[1] Hero of the Revolutionary War, George became the first monarch in the American continent after overthrowing British rule. Admired as an almost-legendary figure in American folklore by his supporters and seen as a tyrannical megalomaniac who ruined the new country's relations with France by his critics (including fellow rebel leaders Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin), George was a polarising figure who created the strongest monarchy yet seen in the world with a very weak and ineffectual parliament. George, having no children, chose John Adams as his heir upon his death.
[2]John was a fair and just ruler, but found the kingdom already on shaky ground-the war with France over Louisiana was particularly costly.....the issue of slavery in the Southern Provinces also started to become vexing. Died in 1826, with the country already facing an uncertain future.
[3] John Francis I is regarded as the 'King who lost the South'. The turmoil over the Southern Provinces and France wrecked any legitimacy of his rule. The former broke away in 1829 even as John Francis appointed his ____ ___ as his heir and abdicated for ______ in a vain hope that the realm would continue. He died, as some say, of a weak heart.

1829 - 1842: John Francis II (House of Adams) [4]

[1] Hero of the Revolutionary War, George became the first monarch in the American continent after overthrowing British rule. Admired as an almost-legendary figure in American folklore by his supporters and seen as a tyrannical megalomaniac who ruined the new country's relations with France by his critics (including fellow rebel leaders Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin), George was a polarising figure who created the strongest monarchy yet seen in the world with a very weak and ineffectual parliament. George, having no children, chose John Adams as his heir upon his death.
[3] John Francis I is regarded as the 'King who lost the South'. The turmoil over the Southern Provinces and France wrecked any legitimacy of his rule. The former broke away in 1829 even as John Francis appointed his nephew, John Francis II as his heir and abdicated for Canada in a vain hope that the realm would continue. He died, as some say, of a weak heart.
[4] With the South gone, and now under the influence of Lord Protector John Caldwell Calhoun, John Francis II sought to try to rebuild his country's broken realm. But with a Republicanist movement building up, especially in New England, it wasn't likely to last.....and when New England seceded in September, 1842, John Francis II promptly had a stroke; he would abdicate in November, and was dead by New Year's Eve. His successor, _____, realizing that the country needed to take a new direction, took on a Roman title, that of ______ and remodeled the country more along the lines of classical Rome and ancient Greece; although still a monarchy, the ruler no longer called themselves a "King".

Last edited:

1829 - 1858: Abigail (House of Clay) [4]

[3] John Francis I is regarded as the 'King who lost the South'. The turmoil over the Southern Provinces and France wrecked any legitimacy of his rule. The former broke away in 1829 even as John Francis appointed his niece Abigail Clay as his heir and abdicated for her in a vain hope that the realm would continue. He died, as some say, of a weak heart.
[4] Initially seen as a placeholder, Abigail surprised everyone after the convening of Parliament where she lobbied for support for reforms that led to the establishment of a new constitution and a new framework for the government. What emerged during her reign was a more coherent, democratic, and yet balanced constitutional monarchy. It was also during her reign that the Kingdom expanded westward, competing with the Southern Republic of America for land and fended off a series of brush wars that left the Kingdom with the rights to the northern half of the American continent and the SRA with the southern portions (or at least those that they could seize from France and Spain). Abigail died in 1858 of breast cancer, leaving the throne to ____.

1829 - 1858: Abigail (House of Clay) [4]

[3] John Francis I is regarded as the 'King who lost the South'. The turmoil over the Southern Provinces and France wrecked any legitimacy of his rule. The former broke away in 1829 even as John Francis appointed his niece Abigail Clay as his heir and abdicated for her in a vain hope that the realm would continue. He died, as some say, of a weak heart.
[4] Initially seen as a placeholder, Abigail surprised everyone after the convening of Parliament where she lobbied for support for reforms that led to the establishment of a new constitution and a new framework for the government. What emerged during her reign was a more coherent, democratic, and yet balanced constitutional monarchy. It was also during her reign that the Kingdom expanded westward, competing with the Southern Republic of America for land and fended off a series of brush wars that left the Kingdom with the rights to the northern half of the American continent and the SRA with the southern portions (or at least those that they could seize from France and Spain). Abigail died in 1858 of breast cancer, leaving the throne to ____.

Sorry to break this to you, but I'm afraid you were ninja'ed. Maybe we can merge the posts?

[3] John Francis I is regarded as the 'King who lost the South'. The turmoil over the Southern Provinces and France wrecked any legitimacy of his rule. The former broke away in 1829 even as John Francis appointed his nephew, John Francis II as his heir and abdicated for Canada in a vain hope that the realm would continue. He died, as some say, of a weak heart.
[4] With the South gone, and now under the influence of Lord Protector John Caldwell Calhoun, John Francis II sought to try to rebuild his country's broken realm. But with a Republicanist movement building up, especially in New England, it wasn't likely to last.....and when New England seceded in September, 1842, John Francis II promptly had a stroke; he would abdicate in November, and was dead by New Year's Eve. His successor, _____, realizing that the country needed to take a new direction, took on a Roman title, that of ______ and remodeled the country more along the lines of classical Rome and ancient Greece; although still a monarchy, the ruler no longer called themselves a "King". __________________

Caesars of the American Empire

1842 - 1858: Henry I (House of Clay) [5]

[5]Remodeled the American nation on ancient Greece and Rome. Little of note happened during his reign, with the exceptions of a few brush wars between the Commonwealth of Southern America(formerly the Southern Republic of America, by the time of Clay's death, under the *total* control of Lord Protector Calhoun, after he overthrew the old government on December 30, 1848, together with Colonel William Rhett, a notorious pro-slavery firebrand.) and relations with New England eventually improved. When he died in 1858, his daughter Abigail took his place; her reign would be rather more eventful.

Last edited:
Works for me.

1858 - 1875: Abigail (House of Clay) [6]

[1] Hero of the Revolutionary War, George became the first monarch in the American continent after overthrowing British rule. Admired as an almost-legendary figure in American folklore by his supporters and seen as a tyrannical megalomaniac who ruined the new country's relations with France by his critics (including fellow rebel leaders Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin), George was a polarizing figure who created the strongest monarchy yet seen in the world with a very weak and ineffectual parliament. George, having no children, chose John Adams as his heir upon his death.
[4] With the South gone, and now under the influence of Lord Protector John Caldwell Calhoun, John Francis II sought to try to rebuild his country's broken realm. But with a Republicanist movement building up, especially in New England, it wasn't likely to last.....and when New England seceded in September, 1842, John Francis II promptly had a stroke; he would abdicate in November, and was dead by New Year's Eve. His successor, Henry Clay realizing that the country needed to take a new direction, took on a Roman title, that of Caesar and remodeled the country more along the lines of classical Rome and ancient Greece; although still a monarchy, the ruler no longer called themselves a "King".
[5] Remodeled the American nation on ancient Greece and Rome. Little of note happened during his reign, with the exceptions of a few brush wars between the Commonwealth of Southern America(formerly the Southern Republic of America, now under the total control of Lord Protector Calhoun, and relations with New England eventually improved. When he died in 1858, his daughter Abigail took his place; her reign would be rather more eventful.
[6] Abigail's reign would see the expansion of the Empire all the way to the Pacific Ocean through a series of land purchases and seizure of lands from the Native American tribes. The brush wars between the CSA and the Empire would grow worse, though unresolved after Abigail died, leaving the Empire to ____.

1875 - 1879: Fredrick (House of Clay) [7]

[1] Hero of the Revolutionary War, George became the first monarch in the American continent after overthrowing British rule. Admired as an almost-legendary figure in American folklore by his supporters and seen as a tyrannical megalomaniac who ruined the new country's relations with France by his critics (including fellow rebel leaders Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin), George was a polarizing figure who created the strongest monarchy yet seen in the world with a very weak and ineffectual parliament. George, having no children, chose John Adams as his heir upon his death.
[4] With the South gone, and now under the influence of Lord Protector John Caldwell Calhoun, John Francis II sought to try to rebuild his country's broken realm. But with a Republicanist movement building up, especially in New England, it wasn't likely to last.....and when New England seceded in September, 1842, John Francis II promptly had a stroke; he would abdicate in November, and was dead by New Year's Eve. His successor, Henry Clay realizing that the country needed to take a new direction, took on a Roman title, that of Caesar and remodeled the country more along the lines of classical Rome and ancient Greece; although still a monarchy, the ruler no longer called themselves a "King".
[5] Remodeled the American nation on ancient Greece and Rome. Little of note happened during his reign, with the exceptions of a few brush wars between the Commonwealth of Southern America(formerly the Southern Republic of America, now under the total control of Lord Protector Calhoun, and relations with New England eventually improved. When he died in 1858, his daughter Abigail took his place; her reign would be rather more eventful.
[6] Abigail's reign would see the expansion of the Empire all the way to the Pacific Ocean through a series of land purchases and seizure of lands from the Native American tribes. The brush wars between the CSA and the Empire would grow worse, though unresolved after Abigail died, leaving the Empire to her nephew, Fredrick
[7] Fredrick's reign is more regarded as 'the War Years'. It comes from the massive American War between the Empire and the CSA. The Empire ran into a brick wall when the British Empire decided to put the CSA under its protection and bombed the capital of the Empire. A great revolt occurred in the capital of the Empire and Fredrick had to move it away into the heartland of the realm, which caused even more trouble, and Fredrick had barely even time to appoint ______ _____ as heir, when his bodyguard shot him.

1879 - 1901: William (House of Clay) [8]

[6] Abigail's reign would see the expansion of the Empire all the way to the Pacific Ocean through a series of land purchases and seizure of lands from the Native American tribes. The brush wars between the CSA and the Empire would grow worse, though unresolved after Abigail died, leaving the Empire to her nephew, Fredrick
[7] Fredrick's reign is more regarded as 'the War Years'. It comes from the massive American War between the Empire and the CSA. The Empire ran into a brick wall when the British Empire decided to put the CSA under its protection and bombed the capital of the Empire. A great revolt occurred in the capital of the Empire and Fredrick had to move it away into the heartland of the realm, which caused even more trouble, and Fredrick had barely even time to appoint Andrew Clay as heir, when his bodyguard shot him.
[8] William Clay was Fredick's youngest brother. With the army revolting it looked as if the Clay dynasty would fall. However, keen to secure their economic influence, the Empire of Mexico, a rising industrial power, sent troops to support Andrew in exchange for extensive economic rights, the American Pacific Coastal territoies, and special legal protections for Mexican citizens. The Mexican army helped defeat the rebellions and Andrew was secure. America became an economic vassal of Mexico and a tinpot dictatorship but stability remained. A slave revolt in the CSA caused great instability and the collapse of that nation into smaller states, but the influx of refugees made work hard to find. With a rising socialist movement William grew more tyranical untill he was assasinated by Leon Czolgosz.

1879 - 1901: William (House of Clay) [8]
1901 - Present: End of the Empire [9]

[7] Fredrick's reign is more regarded as 'the War Years'. It comes from the massive American War between the Empire and the CSA. The Empire ran into a brick wall when the British Empire decided to put the CSA under its protection and bombed the capital of the Empire. A great revolt occurred in the capital of the Empire and Fredrick had to move it away into the heartland of the realm, which caused even more trouble, and Fredrick had barely even time to appoint Andrew Clay as heir, when his bodyguard shot him.
[8] William Clay was Fredick's youngest brother. With the army revolting it looked as if the Clay dynasty would fall. However, keen to secure their economic influence, the Empire of Mexico, a rising industrial power, sent troops to support Andrew in exchange for extensive economic rights, the American Pacific Coastal territoies, and special legal protections for Mexican citizens. The Mexican army helped defeat the rebellions and Andrew was secure. America became an economic vassal of Mexico and a tinpot dictatorship but stability remained. A slave revolt in the CSA caused great instability and the collapse of that nation into smaller states, but the influx of refugees made work hard to find. With a rising socialist movement William grew more tyranical untill he was assasinated by Leon Czolgosz.
[9] The assassination of William saw the end of the Empire, without an heir of any sort the military clique that had surrounded him all tried to claim the throne eve as the Socialist Revolution of 1901 broke out, marking the collapse of the Empire into several states that would endure to the present day.

Last edited:
POD: Catherine of Aragon was born a boy.

Kings of Castile and Aragon

1504 - 1533: Ferdinand VI/III (House of Trastamara) [1]

[1] Ferdinand VI and III was the only surviving son of Ferdinand and Isabella, while referred to as the 'first King of Spain' this title did not exist in his lifetime. Ferdinand seized the throne after his mother's death, driving his father into a monastery. He was forced to wage several wars in Italy to thwart French ambitions and formed an alliance with England, marrying his sister Joanna (known in English as 'Joan the Mad') to Henry VIII. This alliance would prove pivotal to the dismemberment of France as during the Wars of Blood, France would lose large portions of it's lands. Aquitaine, Gascony, and Normandy fell back into English hands while Provence, Toulouse, and France's ally Navarre became part of Ferdinand's Empire and France was forced to drop all claims to Naples. Ferdinand married twice and had seven children, five of whom survived to adulthood and it was ___ who inherited the crown when Ferdinand died at age 50 of a heart tumor.

Last edited:
POD: Catherine of Aragon was born a boy.

1533 - 1555: Isabella II (House of Trastamara) [2]

[1] Ferdinand VI and III was the only surviving son of Ferdinand and Isabella, while referred to as the 'first King of Spain' this title did not exist in his lifetime. Ferdinand seized the throne after his mother's death, driving his father into a monastery. He was forced to wage several wars in Italy to thwart French ambitions and formed an alliance with England, marrying his sister Joanna (known in English as 'Joan the Mad') to Henry VIII. This alliance would prove pivotal to the dismemberment of France as during the Wars of Blood, France would lose large portions of it's lands. Aquitaine, Gascony, and Normandy fell back into English hands while Provence, Toulouse, and France's ally Navarre became part of Ferdinand's Empire and France was forced to drop all claims to Naples. Ferdinand married twice and had seven children, five of whom survived to adulthood and it was his eldest daugher, Isabella who inherited the crown when Ferdinand died at age 50 of a heart tumor.
[2] Isabella was the eldest of Ferdinand's four daughters but she inherited her father's throne after her brother, Charles, declined. Inspired by the Reconquista, Isabella had a vision of a Christian Spanish Empire spanning the Maghreb and the New World to the far west. Isabella invaded Morocco which was under the rule of the Wattasid Dynasty. This triggered the Mediterranean War between Spain and the Ottoman Empire which rushed to defend Muslim Morocco from the threat of Christianization. The Mediterranean War raged on at the time of Isabella's death and it was up to her heir ____ to see the war to its conclusion.

I was wondering if it is time (after this current list of monarchs) to start a list of monarch IV thread.

1533 - 1555: Isabella II (House of Trastamara) [2]
1555 - 1592: Ferdinand VII/IV (House of Trastamara) [3]

[1] Ferdinand VI and III was the only surviving son of Ferdinand and Isabella, while referred to as the 'first King of Spain' this title did not exist in his lifetime. Ferdinand seized the throne after his mother's death, driving his father into a monastery. He was forced to wage several wars in Italy to thwart French ambitions and formed an alliance with England, marrying his sister Joanna (known in English as 'Joan the Mad') to Henry VIII. This alliance would prove pivotal to the dismemberment of France as during the Wars of Blood, France would lose large portions of it's lands. Aquitaine, Gascony, and Normandy fell back into English hands while Provence, Toulouse, and France's ally Navarre became part of Ferdinand's Empire and France was forced to drop all claims to Naples. Ferdinand married twice and had seven children, five of whom survived to adulthood and it was his eldest daugher, Isabella who inherited the crown when Ferdinand died at age 50 of a heart tumor.
[2] Isabella was the eldest of Ferdinand's four daughters but she inherited her father's throne after her brother, Charles, declined. Inspired by the Reconquista, Isabella had a vision of a Christian Spanish Empire spanning the Maghreb and the New World to the far west. Isabella invaded Morocco which was under the rule of the Wattasid Dynasty. This triggered the Mediterranean War between Spain and the Ottoman Empire which rushed to defend Muslim Morocco from the threat of Christianization. The Mediterranean War raged on at the time of Isabella's death and it was up to her heir, her cousin Ferdinand VII and IV to see the war to its conclusion.
[3] Ferdinand VII and IV proved to be an able monarch in a war period as he saw his country through the Mediterranean War with overall victory for the Spanish forces in 1562. He then ruled peacefully for the next thirty years and was succeeded by his eldest son ______