List of monarchs III

POD: Charlotte of Wales does not die after giving birth to a stillborn son.

Kings and Queens of Great Britain
1820-1830: George IV (Hanover)
1830-1857: Charlotte "the Realm's Delight" I (Hanover) [1]

[1]
Princess_Charlotte_Augusta_of_Wales_and_Leopold_I_after_George_Dawe.jpg

Charlotte's recovery from the birth of her stillborn son was seen as a miracle as the doctors had been sure she would die. None were more relieved than Charlotte's husband Leopold. Charlotte claimed that when she was near death's door, it had been her husband's voice that beckoned her back.

Three years later, her grandfather died and her father was proclaimed king. Charlotte's relationship with her parents had always been strained as she felt as though they used her as pawns in their games. Her father's attempt to gain an annulment (which would render her a bastard) and his quest to remarried after Caroline's death did not help matters. In fact it got to a point where Charlotte outright declared that her newborn son (b 1523) was named after his great-grandfather, omitting her father.

In 1830 King George IV died. Hanover would be passed to his younger brother, William with whom Charlotte had a great relationship with. One of her first acts as the Queen of Great Britain was to make her husband Prince Consort. She and Leopold worked alongside the Prime Minster Lord Grey with introducing parliament reforms. She also wrote a speech supporting the abolishing slavery act.

When the Great Famine hit Ireland, Charlotte headed several charities to provide relief for the Irish and even traveled to Ireland to speak to the Lord Lutient personally. She even agreed to meet with the Duke of Leinster and listen to his suggestions. In hopes of giving Ireland a greater voice in parliament, Charlotte granted knighthoods, baronies, and earldoms.

Charlotte fell ill with typhoid fever in 1857. Her last words were to apologize to her husband that she could not listen to him this time. Leopold would outlive her for eight years. She was deeply mourned. Her _____would ascend to the throne.

1857-1890: Ernest I (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) [2]

[1]

Charlotte's recovery from the birth of her stillborn son was seen as a miracle as the doctors had been sure she would die. None were more relieved than Charlotte's husband Leopold. Charlotte claimed that when she was near death's door, it had been her husband's voice that beckoned her back.

Three years later, her grandfather died and her father was proclaimed king. Charlotte's relationship with her parents had always been strained as she felt as though they used her as pawns in their games. Her father's attempt to gain an annulment (which would render her a bastard) and his quest to remarried after Caroline's death did not help matters. In fact it got to a point where Charlotte outright declared that her newborn son (b 1523) was named after his great-grandfather, omitting her father.

In 1830 King George IV died. Hanover would be passed to his younger brother, William with whom Charlotte had a great relationship with. One of her first acts as the Queen of Great Britain was to make her husband Prince Consort. She and Leopold worked alongside the Prime Minster Lord Grey with introducing parliament reforms. She also wrote a speech supporting the abolishing slavery act.

When the Great Famine hit Ireland, Charlotte headed several charities to provide relief for the Irish and even traveled to Ireland to speak to the Lord Lutient personally. She even agreed to meet with the Duke of Leinster and listen to his suggestions. In hopes of giving Ireland a greater voice in parliament, Charlotte granted knighthoods, baronies, and earldoms.

Charlotte fell ill with typhoid fever in 1857. Her last words were to apologize to her husband that she could not listen to him this time. Leopold would outlive her for eight years. She was deeply mourned. Her _____would ascend to the throne

[2]

View attachment 794295

King Ernest I was born in 1823 and was the only son and child of Queen Charlotte and her husband, Prince Leopold, the Prince Constort. The birth of Ernest Frederick was a day of celebration for Queen Charlotte and Prince Leopold since Queen Charlotte first pregnancy ended in stillbirth which nearly killed the Queen. When it came to the name the baby prince, to dismay of Charlotte's father King George IV, instead of being named George after his grandfather he was named Ernest Frederick after Ernest Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfed, his great grandfather from his father's family. Since Ernest Frederick was a only child, his parents were very fond him and showered him with their love and affection. In order to raise her son well and to become the perfect heir, Queen Charlotte used governesses and private tutors to educate him. Queen Charlotte's hard work paid off as Prince Ernest Frederick grew to be a handsome, kind, and intelligent man who mastered French, German, Italian, and Latin before he turned 20. In 1843, Queen Charlotte decided it was time for the 20 year old Prince Ernest Frederick to marry. After many candidates, Prince Ernest Frederick fell in love with Olga Nikolaevna of Russia, the daughter of Tsar Nicholas I and they were married a year later. The marriage between Ernest Frederick and Olga Nikolaevna was a happy one producing 6 children over his lifetime. Tragedy stuck Prince Ernest Frederick in 1857, when his beloved mother passed away from typhoid fever thus becoming king. When Ernest Frederick ascended to throne in 1857 he choose to be crowned as King Ernest I instead of King Ernest Frederick I which lead to historians long after his death to dub his reign as Ernestine Era.

Ernestine Era was very important era in British history as it marked a period of expansion of the British Empire and reform in the United Kingdom. The first major event of King Ernest's reign was the failed Indian Revolt where Indian Sepoys attempted to overthrow British and EIC rule in India which led to the end of EIC and the proclamation of King Ernest I as Emperor of India. King Ernest I over saw many events such as British neutrality in the American Civil War, the creation of the Kingdom of Vesperia in 1867, and the passing of Irish Home Rule Act of 1886 which allow Ireland to have self rule. King Ernest I would also be known as the grandfather of Europe as his 6 children and their descendants married into the royal families of Europe. Like other eras of history the Ernestine Era also had to come to end. In 1890, King Ernest I fell ill with pneumonia and passed away at the age of 67 with his Queen and 6 children by his side.

King Ernest I was succeeded by _____ .

Last edited:
1890 - 1926: August I (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) [3]

[3]
Jean-Baptiste_Regnault_-_Portrait_of_Charles-Louis_Regnault,_an_Officer_from_the_Napoleonic_Wa...jpg

August Karl
was the second son of King Ernest I and his Russian consort, Queen Olga, conceived in 1849. The conception of August Karl gave great relief to the British monarchy, due to the ill-mental state of his older brother, considered unfit for ruling Great Britain.

The young August Karl would grow to be a healthy, and intelligent boy, although lustful and arrogant as many historians note. He would bear an unknown number of illegitimate children, from which historians only count seven, although they could be more, by order of King Ernest to hide the promiscuous nature of his son. At twenty-four years (1873), Prince August would be married to the young Marie of Mecklenburg, having 3 children with her (two daughters, and a son).

Prince August would be a renowned and active politician in World affairs, considered the counterpart of Otto von Bismarck by his participation in the balance of power in Europe, by breaking British isolationism, forming bonds with France and Russia, being the last the strongest relation due to the dynastical proximity of both powers, while also doing a trip across all of the British dominions, visiting the United States in the process (1881). The dismissal of Bismarck in 1888, would be taken bitterly by Prince August, who publicly disliked Kaiser Willem II.

After his father died in 1890 due to pneumonia, August would be crowned August Karl I (or simply August I).

The reign of August would be remembered as a period of political stabilization, and monarchical proximity to their people. Loved by his people, August would greatly contribute to the industrialization and development of British life conditions and laws (including women's suffrage, and better labor conditions), although the British dominions would remain greatly untouched (except Canada and Australia). King August would face terrible crises (naval race with Germany, European instability, Irish independentism) and grievous military conflicts (Second Boer War, Naval Blockade of Venezuela), but the worst of all, would be the Great War.

Under the political direction of Great Britain and King August, the Triple Entente would manage to finish the military supremacy of the German Empire and the Central Powers, but at grievous casualties, both in population and economy. A failed number of Bolshevik revolutions would strike Russia thrice (1917, 1919, and 1920), but due to the active intervention of the Commonwealth, and the assasination of Vladimir Lenin in 1918, would eventually cause their ultimate failure.

Economical reconstruction and demilitarization would arrive in the United Kingdom by the end of the Great War, slowly recovering from the wounds that the terrible conflict caused, with the great approaching of the monarchy to the people and the former efforts.

In 1926, King August would pass away due to ill health (by his old age), being __________ the next monarch of the United Kingdom.

Claiming but want confirmation about two things.

Kingdom of Vesperia in 1867, and the passing of Irish Home Rule Act of 1886 which allow Ireland to have self rule.
although the British dominions would remain greatly untouched (except Canada and Australia). King August would face terrible crises (naval race with Germany, European instability, Irish independentism)
Is Vesperia the alternative name for Canada ITTL and would Ireland still be having independentism if is has self rule? Does the home rule act simply mean devolution rather than independence?

Is Vesperia the alternative name for Canada ITTL and would Ireland still be having independentism if is has self rule? Does the home rule act simply mean devolution rather than independence?
Independentism would still exist if it has self-rule, but would be drastically reduced compared to almost an aristocratic English supremacy over the Irish people by that time.

Vesperia is the alternate name for the timeline version of Canada and Irish home rule just means devolution but there still would be a Irish independence movement because the Irish nationalists believe that home rule is not enough for Ireland. Hopefully that clears things up.

1890-1926: August I (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) [3]
1926-1953: Mary IV (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) [4
]

[1]

Charlotte fell ill with typhoid fever in 1857. Her last words were to apologize to her husband that she could not listen to him this time. Leopold would outlive her for eight years. She was deeply mourned. Her eldest son, Ernest, Prince of Wales, would ascend to the throne

[2]
View attachment 794295

King Ernest I was born in 1823 and was the only son and child of Queen Charlotte and her husband, Prince Leopold, the Prince Constort. The birth of Ernest Frederick was a day of celebration for Queen Charlotte and Prince Leopold since Queen Charlotte first pregnancy ended in stillbirth which nearly killed the Queen. When it came to the name the baby prince, to dismay of Charlotte's father King George IV, instead of being named George after his grandfather he was named Ernest Frederick after Ernest Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfed, his great grandfather from his father's family. Since Ernest Frederick was a only child, his parents were very fond him and showered him with their love and affection. In order to raise her son well and to become the perfect heir, Queen Charlotte used governesses and private tutors to educate him. Queen Charlotte's hard work paid off as Prince Ernest Frederick grew to be a handsome, kind, and intelligent man who mastered French, German, Italian, and Latin before he turned 20. In 1843, Queen Charlotte decided it was time for the 20 year old Prince Ernest Frederick to marry. After many candidates, Prince Ernest Frederick fell in love with Olga Nikolaevna of Russia, the daughter of Tsar Nicholas I and they were married a year later. The marriage between Ernest Frederick and Olga Nikolaevna was a happy one producing 6 children over his lifetime. Tragedy stuck Prince Ernest Frederick in 1857, when his beloved mother passed away from typhoid fever thus becoming king. When Ernest Frederick ascended to throne in 1857 he choose to be crowned as King Ernest I instead of King Ernest Frederick I which lead to historians long after his death to dub his reign as Ernestine Era.

Ernestine Era was very important era in British history as it marked a period of expansion of the British Empire and reform in the United Kingdom. The first major event of King Ernest's reign was the failed Indian Revolt where Indian Sepoys attempted to overthrow British and EIC rule in India which led to the end of EIC and the proclamation of King Ernest I as Emperor of India. King Ernest I over saw many events such as British neutrality in the American Civil War, the creation of the Kingdom of Vesperia in 1867, and the passing of Irish Home Rule Act of 1886 which allow Ireland to have self rule. King Ernest I would also be known as the grandfather of Europe as his 6 children and their descendants married into the royal families of Europe. Like other eras of history the Ernestine Era also had to come to end. In 1890, King Ernest I fell ill with pneumonia and passed away at the age of 67 with his Queen and 6 children by his side.

King Ernest I was succeeded by his second, but sole surviving son, Prince Augustus Karl.

[3]
View attachment 794431

August Karl
was the second son of King Ernest I and his Russian consort, Queen Olga, conceived in 1849. The conception of August Karl gave great relief to the British monarchy, due to the ill-mental state of his older brother, considered unfit for ruling Great Britain.

The young August Karl would grow to be a healthy, and intelligent boy, although lustful and arrogant as many historians note. He would bear an unknown number of illegitimate children, from which historians only count seven, although they could be more, by order of King Ernest to hide the promiscuous nature of his son. At twenty-four years (1873), Prince August would be married to the young Marie of Mecklenburg, having 3 children with her (two daughters, and a son).

Prince August would be a renowned and active politician in World affairs, considered the counterpart of Otto von Bismarck by his participation in the balance of power in Europe, by breaking British isolationism, forming bonds with France and Russia, being the last the strongest relation due to the dynastical proximity of both powers, while also doing a trip across all of the British dominions, visiting the United States in the process (1881). The dismissal of Bismarck in 1888, would be taken bitterly by Prince August, who publicly disliked Kaiser Willem II.

After his father died in 1890 due to pneumonia, August would be crowned August Karl I (or simply August I).

The reign of August would be remembered as a period of political stabilization, and monarchical proximity to their people. Loved by his people, August would greatly contribute to the industrialization and development of British life conditions and laws (including women's suffrage, and better labor conditions), although the British dominions would remain greatly untouched (except Canada and Australia). King August would face terrible crises (naval race with Germany, European instability, Irish independentism) and grievous military conflicts (Second Boer War, Naval Blockade of Venezuela), but the worst of all, would be the Great War.

Under the political direction of Great Britain and King August, the Triple Entente would manage to finish the military supremacy of the German Empire and the Central Powers, but at grievous casualties, both in population and economy. A failed number of Bolshevik revolutions would strike Russia thrice (1917, 1919, and 1920), but due to the active intervention of the Commonwealth, and the assasination of Vladimir Lenin in 1918, would eventually cause their ultimate failure.

Economical reconstruction and demilitarization would arrive in the United Kingdom by the end of the Great War, slowly recovering from the wounds that the terrible conflict caused, with the great approaching of the monarchy to the people and the former efforts.

In 1926, King August would pass away due to ill health (by his old age), being succeeded by his eldest child, Mary as the next monarch of the United Kingdom.
70E7B6AD-92AA-4ACE-AB18-9B55E6FA2EA6.jpeg

[4] Princess Mary Augusta, was born the eldest child in 1876, to Prince August and Marie of Mecklenburg, she would be followed by Princess Elizabeth Olga, in 1878 and Prince Ernest Adolphus in 1880.

Prince Ernest sadly, fell ill with influenza during the pandemic of 1890–1893, developing pneumonia and dying at the family’s house, St. James’s Palace, in London, on 21st February, 1893, less than three months before his 13th birthday, casting a black cloud over the family.
17 year old, Mary was now heir to her father, many believe that Queen Marie was sterile, after catching a venereal diseases, from her philandering husband.

In May 1896, Mary began courting her distant cousin, Prince Alexander of Teck who had been born at Kensington Palace on 14 April 1874, as the fourth child and third son of Prince Francis, Duke of Teck, and Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge, whom was a granddaughter of King George III.
The match was seen as an ideal one, although Alexander was of German heritage and from an undistinguished minor branch, his British birth and education, along with his Lutheran religion and officer training within the British army, set him up to be loved by the public as well as parliament.

They held off marriage until after he was promoted to Lieutenant in June 1899 and given the title, Duke of Windsor.
Their marriage was an extremely happy one, having all nine children before her succession in 1926, at the age of 50 years.
Serving for 31 years, Mary saw the independence of Ireland, which became a republic and war break in Europe again, in 1937, when the Volks Demokratische Republik Regierung von Deutschland (People's Democratic Republic Government of Germany or simply the VDDR) began invading neighbouring nations in the cause of liberating them from Monarchies or “undemocratic governments”. Led by co-chairman’s Josef Stahl and Adolph Hitler, the communist German army would become a Super power in Europe, only being contained either ends by the Russian empire to the East and the British Empire to the West, the war came to a stalemate end in 1951, with the Stockholm Treaty declaring a cease fire to the large-scale fighting directly between the three superpowers, but they each supported major regional conflicts known as proxy wars.
While her husband, dealt with handling the military aspect of ruling the country, Mary, along with her daughters, daughter-in-laws and granddaughters, assisted as much as they could with the domestic side, setting up charities to help the vulnerable citizens.
Many attribute her death to exhaustion, feeling drained from the war effort, passing away at the age of 77, being succeeded by her _______, ___________.

1830-1857: Charlotte I "the Realm's Delight" (Hanover) [1]
1890-1926: August I (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) [3]
1926-1953: Mary III (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) [4
]
1953-1975: Alexander IV "the Broken" (
Teck) [5]

[1]

Charlotte fell ill with typhoid fever in 1857. Her last words were to apologize to her husband that she could not listen to him this time. Leopold would outlive her for eight years. She was deeply mourned. Her eldest son, Ernest, Prince of Wales, would ascend to the throne.

[2]
View attachment 794295

King Ernest I was succeeded by his second, but sole surviving son, Prince Augustus Karl.

[3]
View attachment 794431

August Karl

In 1926, King August would pass away due to ill health (by his old age), being succeeded by his eldest child, Mary as the next monarch of the United Kingdom.
View attachment 794452
[4] Princess Mary Augusta, was born the eldest child in 1876, to Prince August and Marie of Mecklenburg, she would be followed by Princess Elizabeth Olga, in 1878 and Prince Ernest Adolphus in 1880.

Prince Ernest sadly, fell ill with influenza during the pandemic of 1890–1893, developing pneumonia and dying at the family’s house, St. James’s Palace, in London, on 21st February, 1893, less than three months before his 13th birthday, casting a black cloud over the family.
17 year old, Mary was now heir to her father, many believe that Queen Marie was sterile, after catching a venereal diseases, from her philandering husband.

In May 1896, Mary began courting her distant cousin, Prince Alexander of Teck who had been born at Kensington Palace on 14 April 1874, as the fourth child and third son of Prince Francis, Duke of Teck, and Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge, whom was a granddaughter of King George III.
The match was seen as an ideal one, although Alexander was of German heritage and from an undistinguished minor branch, his British birth and education, along with his Lutheran religion and officer training within the British army, set him up to be loved by the public as well as parliament.

They held off marriage until after he was promoted to Lieutenant in June 1899 and given the title, Duke of Windsor.
Their marriage was an extremely happy one, having all nine children before her succession in 1926, at the age of 50 years.
Serving for 31 years, Mary saw the independence of Ireland, which became a republic and war break in Europe again, in 1937, when the Volks Demokratische Republik Regierung von Deutschland (People's Democratic Republic Government of Germany or simply the VDDR) began invading neighbouring nations in the cause of liberating them from Monarchies or “undemocratic governments”. Led by co-chairman’s Josef Stahl and Adolph Hitler, the communist German army would become a Super power in Europe, only being contained either ends by the Russian empire to the East and the British Empire to the West, the war came to a stalemate end in 1951, with the Stockholm Treaty declaring a cease fire to the large-scale fighting directly between the three superpowers, but they each supported major regional conflicts known as proxy wars.
While her husband, dealt with handling the military aspect of ruling the country, Mary, along with her daughters, daughter-in-laws and granddaughters, assisted as much as they could with the domestic side, setting up charities to help the vulnerable citizens.
Many attribute her death to exhaustion, feeling drained from the war effort, passing away at the age of 77, being succeeded by her son, Alexander.

[5]
800px-King_George_VI_LOC_matpc.14736_%28cleaned%29.jpg

Alexander was born in 1902, the first born son of his parents. His childhood was filled with uncertainty as the first great war raged. Despite this, he grew determined to help his country in any way he could, joining the army at age eighteen. He was not there for very long as his mother became queen six years later, and she insisted he return to take up his duties as Prince of Wales.

For many years, he resisted getting married, insisting he was already married to England (stealing the lines of Elizabeth I). In 1929, he would marry his childhood friend, Lady Dorothy Cavendish, the daughter of the Duke of Devonshire. They would have four children. In 1937, war broke out again and this time, Alexander was prepared to fight despite his mother's protests. Alexander would fight until he suffered a grievous injury in 1943. He returned to England broken both mentally and physically. While his family, espically his beloved children helped him heal mentally, he would never again be able to walk, something that forever haunted him.

His mother died just two years after the Stockholm Treaty and Alexander would spend his reign trying to fix a broken country. One of his first acts was to renounce the title of Emperor of India since it had been dissolved, along with the freeing of many of Britain's colonies. Ironically the biggest domestic headache he had to handle was the whether or not he would be refereed to as Alexander the first or not. Alexander decided to go with the Scottish numbering for simplicity sake.

In 1975, he passed away from an accidental overdose of painkillers he had been using to deal with the pain of his injuries. Rumors that it was not so accidential have been thrown around, but those closest to him insist that he was a devoted family man, who would loved his children and grandchildren too much to do that to them.