List of Alternate Presidents and PMs II

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh gonzo

santamaria's house of cards is falling apart and its all joh's fault

Well Joh does tend to cause problems, especially for the Australian Liberals. ;)

Though the idea of the DLP being the dominant wing of Labor is something I don't think has ever really been explored before.

Well Joh does tend to cause problems, especially for the Australian Liberals. ;)

Though the idea of the DLP being the dominant wing of Labor is something I don't think has ever really been explored before.

It emerges because Labor is the most obvious partner to American style Industrial Government, but the same 'anti-Communism' surfaces in this TL as 'anti-Leninism' or opposition to the Soviet led Eastintern.

It emerges because Labor is the most obvious partner to American style Industrial Government, but the same 'anti-Communism' surfaces in this TL as 'anti-Leninism' or opposition to the Soviet led Eastintern.

Is it still influenced by Catholic Distributist teachings and weird forms of Calvinism?

Also his name is glorious, I wish I had a name like that instead of a weird pseudo-French one I have. :p

It's very strange coming from an actual Scandinavian perspective - Bjelke is the name of a Swedish noble house while Petersen is a very Dano-Norwegian, very lower-class name.

Huh? Aren't Northern Irish accents pretty distinctive from any English accents?

Yes, though apparently I don't have a 'conventional' one. I remember the first day of secondary school and someone asked me from what part of England I was from, I thought this was a joke so I sarcastically said I was from Belgium. Took a few weeks to finally dispel that. :p

Yes, though apparently I don't have a 'conventional' one. I remember the first day of secondary school and someone asked me from what part of England I was from, I thought this was a joke so I sarcastically said I was from Belgium. Took a few weeks to finally dispel that. :p

One thing I always loved about the Province (and I had a trio of good friends from there when I was at uni in Bristol, busy being an undercover Yank) is how much the accents vary just from one side of a county to the other, much less region to region or among big cities as in England or Scotland (or between the bilingual and Anglophone parts of Wales), from the stoner lilt of Down to the HARRRRRRD ARRRRRRRRRS of Armagh. That many accents in one space, it's no wonder Ulster is one of the cultural influences on tiny hillbilly towns where there are like three hundred people and forty Baptist churches because individual families have split and started their own congregations because they can't get along. (I should say that I descend from such places on my mother's side.) I had the one mate who put up all three flags in his dorm room: the Union Jack, the Red Hand, and the Tricolour. His argument, and he was a good hippie at heart, was the sensible and forward thinking (we were about five years pre-Good Friday at that point) "I'm included in all those flags." One of my more cynical Ulster friends winked in response and said, "yeah, and now you can have your choice which one of 'em starts shootin' at yeh"...

Gonzo - A Federal United Kingdom
A Federal United Kingdom

1868-1874: William E. Gladstone (Liberal)
1868: Isaac Butt (Conservative)
1874-1879: Isaac Butt (Conservative)
1874: William E. Gladstone (Liberal)
1879-1880: Benjamin Disraeli (Conservative)
1880-1888:
Spencer Cavendish, Marquess of Hartington (Liberal/Liberal Unionist)
1880: Benjamin Disraeli (Conservative), Edward Saunderson (Liberal Unionist), William Shaw (Home Government League)
1885: Randolph Churchill (Conservative), Edward Saunderson (Liberal Unionist), William Shaw (Home Government League)

1888-1894: Archibald Primrose, Earl of Rosebery (Liberal)
1888: Randolph Churchill (Conservative), Edward Saunderson (Liberal Unionist), William Shaw (Home Government League)
1894-1895: Randolph Churchill (Conservative)
1894: Archibald Primrose, Earl of Rosebery (Liberal), Edward Saunderson (Liberal Unionist), Justin McCarthy (Home Government League)
1895-1895: Charles Stewart Parnell (Conservative)
1895-1898: George Wyndham (Conservative)
1898-1904: Archibald Primrose, Earl of Rosebery (Liberal/Liberal Unionist)

1898: George Wyndham (Conservative), Edward Saunderson (Liberal Unionist), Justin McCarthy (Irish Home Federation)
1903: George Wyndham (Conservative), Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of Lansdowne (Liberal Unionist), Justin McCarthy (Irish Home Federation), Thomas Sloan (Irish Loyal and Patriotic Order)
1904-1905: Joseph Chamberlain (Liberal)
1905-1908: Archibald Primrose, Earl of Rosebery (Liberal)
1908-????: Arthur Balfour (Conservative)

1908: Archibald Primrose, Earl of Rosebery (Liberal), Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of Lansdowne (Liberal Unionist), Tim Healy (Irish Home Federation), Thomas Sloan (Irish Loyal and Patriotic Order)

General idea here is that OTL Irish Home Rule leader Isaac Butt remains with the Tories and becomes leader instead of Disraeli. From then on we have a reverse Liberal Unionists and the Irish Home Rulers aligning with the Tories and Thomas Sloan becoming more of an early 20th century Ian Paisley, doing good on his threat to set up an virulently anti-Catholic and rebel Orange Order orientated party.

Cevolian - An Analogue List - LEADERS OF THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY 1990-PRES:
A lazy analogue list I made a while ago... it only works so so.

LEADERS OF THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY 1990-PRES:

1990-1992: John Major
1992-1994: Ken Clarke

LE 1992 def - John Redwood
1994-2007: Tim Yeo
LE 1994 def - Peter Lilley, Michael Heseltine
GE 1997 - (Conservative Majority) Def - Neil Kinnock (Labour), Paddy Ashdown (Liberal Democrat)
GE 2001 - (Conservative Majority) Def - Gordon Brown (Labour), Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrat)
GE 2005 - (Conservative Majority) Def - Tony Blair (Labour), Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrat)

2007-2010: Malcom Rifkind
LE 2007 def - [Unopposed]
GE 2010 -
(Labour-Liberal Democrat Coalition) Def - Malcom Rifkind (Conservative), Vince Cable (Liberal Democrat), Zac Goldsmith (Green)

2010-2015: George Osborne
LE 2010 def - Theo Osborne, John Bercow, David Davis, Nadine Dorries
GE 2015 - (Labour Majority) Def - George Osborne (Conservative), Arlene Robinson (United Ulster - DUP-UUP-TUV), Vince Cable (Liberal Democrat), John McDonnel (Independence), Zac Goldsmith (Green)

2015-PRES: Ian Duncan-Smith
LE 2015 def - David Davis, Sally Bercow, Anna Soubry
EU Ref 2016- "No" Victory
LE 2016 def - David Cameron [Duncan-Smith was endorsed by Reaction whilst the majority of the PCP supported Cameron]

ISLINGTON NORTH BY-ELECTION, 2016:

2016: Sarah Olney (Liberal Democrat/Green Alliance)

Def - Jeremy Corbyn (Independent - backed by Labour and Independence), Jack Brereton (Conservative)

Mumby - Never, Never, Never
Never, Never, Never

1997-2007: Tony Blair (Labour)
1997 (Majority) def. John Major (Conservative), Paddy Ashdown (Liberal Democrat)
2001 (Majority) def. William Hague (Conservative), Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrat)
2005 (Majority) def. Tim Yeo (Conservative), Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrat), Ian Paisley (Democratic Unionist)

2007-2017: Gordon Brown (Labour)
2008 (Majority) def. Liam Fox (Conservative), Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat), Peter Robinson (Democratic Unionist)
2012 (Coalition with Liberal Democrats) def. Ken Clarke (Conservative), Steve Webb (Liberal Democrat), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist)

2017-2021: John Baron (Conservative)
2017 (Coalition with Democratic Unionists) def. Gordon Brown (Labour), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist), Steve Webb (Liberal Democrat)
2021-2026: John Baron (Unionist)
2021 (Majority) def. Ed Balls (Labour), Norman Lamb (Liberal Democrat), David Cameron (Continuity Conservative)
2025 (Majority) def. Clive Lewis (Labour), David Cameron (Liberal Democrat-Reform Alliance)

Last edited:
Oh dear @Mumby the DUP disappearing there seems to suggest that something has happened... I wonder what it could be... :p

I take it that this is a reference to a certain someone's 'never say never' moment. ;)

Japhy

Banned
No. I changed it because now it's all-inclusive and includes things like Fuhrers, Duces, Vozhds, Governor-Generals, Kings, Queens, Archdukes, Dukes, Counts, Princes, Governors, et al.
You don't have the right to do it just because you hijacked the thread when you created it. It was already open. It had long been that. And I'm saying that as someone who has no problem with the new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.