This is great.Downside to me being sick: a day of being unable to eat solid food without throwing up, having to cancel my sub job with a teacher I actually once had
Upside to me being sick: I came up with the idea for this
Generic Alternate Presidents List 1933-
Franklin D. Roosevelt/John Nance Garner 1933-1941
Franklin D. Roosevelt/Someone Other Than Wallace or Truman 1941-1945
Someone Other Than Wallace or Truman/vacant 1945-1949
Thomas Dewey or Robert Taft/Member of the Other Political Wing 1949-1953
Moderate Democrat/Dixiecrat Politician 1953-1961
Dixiecrat Politician/Northern Sellout 1961-1965
Acceptably Progressive Republican/Moderate Republican 1965-1973
Conservative Republican/Different Moderate Republican 1973-1977
Beloved Liberal Icon/Less Likeable VP 1977-1985
Less Likeable VP/Token Minority 1985-1989
Grimdark Serial Killer, Cult Leader or Extremist/Level-Headed Lieutenant 1989-1995 (Impeached)
Level-Headed Lieutenant/vacant 1995-1997
Random Celebrity/Established Politician 1997-2005
Unlucky Republican/Their Running Mate 2005-2009
Barack Obama/Joe Biden 2009-2017
A Democrat/Another One 2017-2021
Female or Minority Republican/Old White Republican Centrist 2021-
Jack Kemp is probably a better analogue to Brian Mulroney.Probably has been done many times before but this is my crack at Canadian prime ministers to U.S presidents:
40. John B. Anderson/Ann Dore McLaughin 1985-1992
Please give feedback, there are probably better analogs than this.
Here is the Virginia portionThe American Commonwealth
I have a few questions and one comment:here's a WIP list. Any comments or advice?
1) An 'Anti-Administration' Democrat, basically. A schism breaks in the Democratic party, with Douglas' faction favoring approaches that they believe will preserve the Union and Breckinridge's faction often provoking the Abolutionists and anti-expansionists. I avoided calling them that name because the news at the time would likely be referring to the situation in the party as a "rebellion". For this same reason, I may call the establishment-backed Breckinridge Democrats something like 'Mainline' or some similar name. If you have suggestions, I am open to that.I have a few questions and one comment:
1) What is a "Rebellion" Democrat? Attached to that is there some sort of Civil War going on under President Breckinridge?
2) Is there a civil war going on during the presidencies of Wade and Anthony? I saw that President Anthony switched to a National Union ticket as Lincoln did in OTL.
3) Was President Wade assassinated in your WIP? Attached to that question is why Senator Anthony take over rather than President Wade's assumed VP?
4) Keep up the good work!