List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage

Christian VI of Denmark (b.1693) m Louisa, Princess Royal (b.1692) in 1710

Issue:

Frederik, Prince of Denmark (b.1711: d.1718)

Christian, Crown Prince of Denmark (b.1713)

Mary, Princess of Denmark (b.1715)

stillborn (1717)

Vilhelm, Prince of Denmark (b.1720)

Louise, Princess of Denmark (b.1723)

miscarriage (1725)
Hmmm, the Christian-Frederick swap might have been too ingrained at this point to where the two oldest boys would likely have been Frederik Christian and then Christian Frederik, but there is another option perhaps?

Christian VI of Denmark (b. 1693) m. Louisa Mary, Princess Royal (b. 1692) in 1710
Issue:

Frederik Christian, Prince of Denmark (b. 1711 d. 1721)

Christian Frederik, Prince of Denmark (b. 1713 d. 1721)

Louise (b. 1715)

Miscarriage (1716)

Vilhelm I of Denmark (b. 1718)

Jakob, Prince of Denmark (b. 1720)

Marie Amalie (b. 1723)

Stillborn Daughter (1725)

VVD0D95

Banned
Hmmm, the Christian-Frederick swap might have been too ingrained at this point to where the two oldest boys would likely have been Frederik Christian and then Christian Frederik, but there is another option perhaps?

Christian VI of Denmark (b. 1693) m. Louisa Mary, Princess Royal (b. 1692) in 1710
Issue:

Frederik Christian, Prince of Denmark (b. 1711 d. 1721)

Christian Frederik, Prince of Denmark (b. 1713 d. 1721)

Louise (b. 1715)

Miscarriage (1716)

Vilhelm I of Denmark (b. 1718)

Jakob, Prince of Denmark (b. 1720)

Marie Amalie (b. 1723)

Stillborn Daughter (1725)
Would there necessarily need to be double barrelled names if they’ve both got traditional first names? And Intetesting Louise as the firstborn daughter for Christian’s mother?

Would there necessarily need to be double barrelled names if they’ve both got traditional first names? And Intetesting Louise as the firstborn daughter for Christian’s mother?
For the boys? Only for the two oldest I would say, and only to stick with the tradition of swapping Christian and Frederik when becoming king, so therefore Frederik Christian for boy nr. 1 (likely just referred to as Frederik) and Christian Frederik for boy nr. 2 (likely just referred to as Christian). For the girls, double names were fashionable for princesses at the Danish court at the time, with Louise as an apparent exception. I imagine that it was because both queens Louise otl and will be so ttl, since both Christian VI's mother and wife is a Queen Louise. Also why girl nr. 1 is named after them :) Girl nr. 2 I went with Marie Amalie after Louise's mothers and William's grandmother (and the second name of Christian's grandmother) and the younger boys are Danish versions of William and James

Christian VI of Denmark (b.1693) m Louisa, Princess Royal (b.1692) in 1710

Issue:

Frederik, Prince of Denmark (b.1711: d.1718)

Christian, Crown Prince of Denmark (b.1713)

Mary, Princess of Denmark (b.1715)

stillborn (1717)

Vilhelm, Prince of Denmark (b.1720)

Louise, Princess of Denmark (b.1723)

miscarriage (1725)

Is this an atl Christian VI? Because the otl one was born in 1699. If it’s the otl one, then I doubt the pietistic and devoutly Lutheran Christian VI would marry a Catholic bride.

I was filled in on this.

Last edited:
Is this an atl Christian VI? Because the otl one was born in 1699. If it’s the otl one, then I doubt the pietistic and devoutly Lutheran Christian VI would marry a Catholic bride.
This is an alt Christian VI born earlier since Frederick and Louise were married earlier :)

This is an alt Christian VI born earlier since Frederick and Louise were married earlier :)
Got it. Still quite a big break from tradition/ideology to have a Catholic - or even ex-Catholic if she converts - Queen of Denmark. First time since the reformation. The first decades of the 1700’s were in general very religious in Scandinavia, so unless that’s somehow butterflied I think the match would meet quite a lot of opposition.

VVD0D95

Banned
For the boys? Only for the two oldest I would say, and only to stick with the tradition of swapping Christian and Frederik when becoming king, so therefore Frederik Christian for boy nr. 1 (likely just referred to as Frederik) and Christian Frederik for boy nr. 2 (likely just referred to as Christian). For the girls, double names were fashionable for princesses at the Danish court at the time, with Louise as an apparent exception. I imagine that it was because both queens Louise otl and will be so ttl, since both Christian VI's mother and wife is a Queen Louise. Also why girl nr. 1 is named after them :) Girl nr. 2 I went with Marie Amalie after Louise's mothers and William's grandmother (and the second name of Christian's grandmother) and the younger boys are Danish versions of William and James
Ahhh I see, gotcha :)
Got it. Still quite a big break from tradition/ideology to have a Catholic - or even ex-Catholic if she converts - Queen of Denmark. First time since the reformation. The first decades of the 1700’s were in general very religious in Scandinavia, so unless that’s somehow butterflied I think the match would meet quite a lot of opposition.
oh Louisa is raised a Protestant here. Part of a timeline where she abd James are raised by William abd Mary

Joanna of Castile m. Philip the Handsome d. 1506(a) Gaston of Foix(b)
1a. Eleanor of Austria, Duchess of Burgundy b. 1498 m. William IV of Bavaria, William II of HRE
2a. Charles b. d. 1500
3a. Isabella of Austria b. 1501 m. John III of Portugal
4a. Mary of Austria b. 1503 m. Louis II of Hungary
5a. Catherine of Austria b. 1505 m. ?
6b. Ferdinand VI of Castile b. 1508 m. Renee of France
7b. Joanna of Castile b. 1511 m. Francis I of France

Last edited:
1a. Eleanor of Austria, Duchess of Burgundy b. 1498 m. William IV of Bavaria, William I of HRE
2a. Charles b. d. 1500
5a. Catherine of Austria b. 1505 m. Francis II of France
Wouldn’t he be Emperor William/Wilhelm II? The first was only King of Germany, but Rudolf of Germany counted in the imperial numerical line, which is why there was a Rudolf II.

1a. Eleanor of Austria, Duchess of Burgundy b. 1498 m. William IV of Bavaria, William II of HRE
2a. Charles b. d. 1500
5a. Catherine of Austria b. 1505 m. Francis II of France
That would NOT work. Ferdinand would NOT remarry Joanna to Gaston of Foix, not when he has two Trastamara boys for her (either the Duke of Calabria or the heir of Segorbe), while Eleanor will most likely marry the Duke of Lorraine here. Mary will be the one born in Spain and so married to John III of Portugal, while Isabella will end in Poland or Denmark as OTL, with Catherine in Hungary.
Francis II of France was born in 1518 so he would NEVER marry a woman 13 years older than him (at least not unless she brought a dowry in lands vital to France)

Last edited:
That would NOT work. Ferdinand would NOT remarry Joanna to Gaston of Foix, not when he has two Trastamara boys for her (either the Duke of Calabria or the heir of Segorbe), while Eleanor will most likely marry the Duke of Lorraine here. Mary will be the one born in Spain and so married to John III of Portugal, while Isabella will end in Poland or Denmark as OTL, with Catherine in Hungary.
Francis II of France was born in 1518 so he would NEVER marry a woman 13 years older than him (at least not unless she brought a dowry in lands vital to France)
Joanna of Castile m. Philip the Handsome d. 1506(a) Alfonso I of Ampurias(b)

1a. Eleanor of Austria, Duchess of Burgundy b. 1498 m. Antoine, duke of Lorraine

2a. Charles b. d. 1500

3a. Isabella of Austria b. 1501 m. Christian of Denmark

4a. Mary of Austria b. 1503 m. John III of Portugal

5a. Catherine of Austria b. 1505 m. Louis II of Hungary

7b. Joanna of Castile b. 1511 m. John III of Aragon

8b. Agnes of Castile b. 1512 m. Francis I of France

Something like this.

Last edited:

1a. Eleanor of Austria, Duchess of Burgundy b. 1498 m. Antoine, duke of Lorraine

2a. Charles b. d. 1500

7b. Joanna of Castile b. 1511 m. John IV of Aragon

Something like this.
Much better.

2a. Charles b. d. 1500

7b. Joanna of Castile b. 1511 m. John IV of Aragon

Something like this.
Who is John IV of Aragon and what happens to Joanna's posthumous pregnancy with Philip?