List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage

POD Francis II of France has a daughter with Mary, Queen of Scots

Francis II of France (1544-1560) m. 1558 Mary, Queen of Scots (b. 1542)

1. Mary II of Scotland (b. 1559) m. 1573 Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor (b. 1552)
- Maria (b. 1577)
- Isabella (b. 1579)
- Charles I of Scotland/VI of Holy Roman Empire (b. 1581)
- Anne (b. 1583)

1. Mary II of Scotland (b. 1559) m. 1573 Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor (b. 155

Rudolf didn't want to marry, he believed that his legitimate son would overthrow him (he heard prophecy about that from astrologist) and marrying Queen of Scots to him would be frankly useless and also once Francis is dead what stops Mary of Scots from remarrying and having a son?

Rudolf didn't want to marry, he believed that his legitimate son would overthrow him (he heard prophecy about that from astrologist) and marrying Queen of Scots to him would be frankly useless and also once Francis is dead what stops Mary of Scots from remarrying and having a son?
I recognize that Rudolf didn't want to marry, but he could certainly be forced into it, plus it is possible to butterfly this prophecy away. Once Francis dies, Mary might have a son, but the daughter as the oldest is heir apparent no?

Why would she wed James of Scotland, when James will have the daughters of Francis I to pick
First James V was not the first choice for the daughters of Francis (and he was offered Mary of Bourbon in OTL), second Elisabeth will be the only princess available for him in 1517, at the treaty of Rouen, reason for which is likely who James will be directly engaged to her there (and not to a not specified French princess, possibly a daughter of Francis if the King would have one available for him as OTL), third Elisabeth herself is likely to be the most attractive French princess for James as she would bring to him her own claim to the English crown.

First James V was not the first choice for the daughters of Francis (and he was offered Mary of Bourbon in OTL), second Elisabeth will be the only princess available for him in 1517, at the treaty of Rouen, reason for which is likely who James will be directly engaged to her there (and not to a not specified French princess, possibly a daughter of Francis if the King would have one available for him as OTL), third Elisabeth herself is likely to be the most attractive French princess for James as she would bring to him her own claim to the English crown.
No, in 1517 Francis I had two daughters already...so they would also be free. Though, I do see your point.

So, revised tree:

Elizabeth of France* (b. 1515) m. 1530 James V (b. 1512)

1. Mary (b. 1531)
2. James VI (b. 1532)
3. Louise (b. 1533)
4. Margaret (b. 1534)
5. Charles (b. 1535)
6. Robert (b. 1536)
7. Alexander (b. 1537)
8. Elizabeth (b. 1538)

*daughter of Louis XII and Mary Tudor

No, in 1517 Francis I had two daughters already...so they would also be free. Though, I do see your point.

So, revised tree:

Elizabeth of France* (b. 1515) m. 1530 James V (b. 1512)

1. Mary (b. 1531)
2. James VI (b. 1532)
3. Louise (b. 1533)
4. Margaret (b. 1534)
5. Charles (b. 1535)
6. Robert (b. 1536)
7. Alexander (b. 1537)
8. Elizabeth (b. 1538)

*daughter of Louis XII and Mary Tudor
Louise was engaged to Charles V and Charlotte was likely kept as backup for him