Lincoln Lives: How a failed assassination changed the course of a Nation and a newly freed people

Haven't decided the final timeframe for that, only that it wont be past the Great War. Also still deciding on whether the US grabs it or to throw a curve and make it an independent country. To be continued at this point... ;)
It's your call, but if you want my advice? The United States COULD do with some more beachfront property on the Pacific.

Plus, it also makes driving from Seattle to Anchorage less of a bitch.
Well, that I dont know about. The modern day highway that connects from Washington to Alaska has to go through BC and Yukon, as I think the mountains are bit much to overcome, even if the US owned it, probably too cost prohibitive. However, I'm no expert in the region so I could be wrong there.

Damn, wonder what happens to British Columbia now.
Yeah thats the question I'm struggling with now. There is the obvious, the US grabs it, and then some that could go in other directions. Protectorate, it's own dominion, join Canada, etc... it's gonna be fund deciding that.

Yeah thats the question I'm struggling with now. There is the obvious, the US grabs it, and then some that could go in other directions. Protectorate, it's own dominion, join Canada, etc... it's gonna be fund deciding that.
It'd be fun if they sold it to Russia which leads to a successful Russian America Colony.

It'd be fun if they sold it to Russia which leads to a successful Russian America Colony.
That would definitely be an interesting twist, though not sure how that could be rationalized with them selling Alaska to gain money, since BC will surely cost more to acquire than they received for Alaska. Might be an interesting one off TL for someone to do though, The Russian Republic of Cascadia. The remnants of the White army flee there and declare it to be the true legacy of the former Russian Empire. US and Canada both pledge to protect it and the Soviets dont' have the ability to attack anyways. Man, kind of want to write that now lol

That would definitely be an interesting twist, though not sure how that could be rationalized with them selling Alaska to gain money, since BC will surely cost more to acquire than they received for Alaska. Might be an interesting one off TL for someone to do though, The Russian Republic of Cascadia. The remnants of the White army flee there and declare it to be the true legacy of the former Russian Empire. US and Canada both pledge to protect it and the Soviets dont' have the ability to attack anyways. Man, kind of want to write that now lol
I know, although it doesn't give Britain much now If I am correct so they might just give it to them for a bit a la Alaska in otl.

I know, although it doesn't give Britain much now If I am correct so they might just give it to them for a bit a la Alaska in otl.
I curse you, for now I have this ear worm begging to be written for a one off, single post summary of the history of the Respublika Kaskadya.

With the rise in labor costs in the South will we see more mechization of agriculture and investment in improving productivity?

Will many African Americans see military service as a path to the middle class or honorable profession?

Where exactly is Rupert's Land?
its basically the middle third of modern canada, separating BC and Yukon from Ontario, Quebec, and the rest in the east. Though it also had large parts of what is currently Quebec as well. Basically this pic I found online below. Shows Ruperts Land with the Dominion of Canada to the east.

1614524257830.png

With the rise in labor costs in the South will we see more mechization of agriculture and investment in improving productivity?

Will many African Americans see military service as a path to the middle class or honorable profession?
I see the south post-war turning more into what the midwest / plains states were and in some cases still are, lots of large scale family farming, eventually forming large Agri-businesses. Combine that with the textile plants that started dominating late 19th into the early 20th century. Basically a mesh between the 2 types.

I will have to say one thing for everyone regarding the Rupert's Land acquisition, and that is simply; nothing is set in stone... muahahaha.
That's right, I still have a twist coming. Probably will seem a little strange in how things unfold but it is something I planned from the beginning but didn't anticipate so much focus on that particular land acquisition, so basically this post is a sneak peak that I still have something planned before Rupert's Land is truly dead and gone from the history books. To be continued...:evilsmile:

southern land owners and states seeking cheap labor in Europe, leading to large Italian, Irish, and even Eastern European Jewish
I am reminded of comedian Steve Landesberg from many years ago. He did a funny routine of Jews in the South, and I still remember:
[Georgia Accent] “You going to Temple or what?”

the Senate still approved as many saw it as further proof of their Manifest Destiny over the North American continent.
British Columbia, all alone, with U.S. territories on three sides. Sure Americans don’t need the land, but, still a good chance of a Klondike Gold Rush.

There will still be a Spanish-American war but I have a twist in mind that may confuse some people considering what has happened so far, at least that's my hope.
Looking forward to it.