Let's make better US state flags

i have a ton of flags for my home state, Michigan, and this is one of them.
inspired by a reddit post (which seems to be missing/deleted?) and they posted it at the flag of Superior (a state proposed but denied and it consisted of the upper peninsula or U P for short) and the major difference was it had 3 stripes insted of 5:
upload_2016-11-13_10-40-48-png.295406

the 5 stripes represent the 5 great lakes
the white represents the shore, snow and the peaceful (ish) nature of the state
and the green represents the Peninsulas and the natural beauty of the state.
thoughts?
Love it, I am from Upper Peninsula.

Here's a Wisconsin flag I made a little bit ago, based off the coat of arms (and technically for a Nationstates country, but shhh):

miskousing flag.png

This is a big necro, by the way. It's six years. Anyway, I wanted to point this out since I'm annoyed by it.
But you can't have a British flag, that's just silly.
If you understand the history of Hawai'i, it is there for a good reason.

That flag is the old flag of the Kingdom of Hawai'i, and it was created by King Kamehameha I to represent neutrality between America and Britain, being a deliberate hybrid of the US and UK flags. The stripes represent the USA, the Union Jack Britain. It's an old flag with a long history, and it looks fine as is.

Here's a better Vermont flag, based off the Green Mountain Boys's flag:

(I assume this bump is OK, since it's for the express purpose of the thread, and is essentially a "continuation of the timeline")

vermontflag.png

Michigan.png

oregon.png

utah_pp.png

In order:
Michigan: Based on the seal, it features a sun over a body of water(yeah, the water is white, deal with it) . The green stripe represents the forests and the stars the 13 colonies. There are also 13 rays on the sun.
Oregon: The center figure is a wagon wheel with 13 spokes(guess why) an the stripes represent the west coast and the I-5(ha!).
Utah: The bee replaces the ugly apiary seal neatly. 13 more stars and and a border to represent integrity(?).