It was, based on my reading, outside of acceptable parameters.
I mean this in the kindest way, but I'm convinced that you misread something. It was... just a story of a lesbian woman in The Future... who has a girlfriend. The worst thing is the use of the word "vibrations" as a description of an alarm clock ringing, if memory serves. The only other possible intent (depending on Tap's sexuality, which isn't a thing I'm asking her) is projecting being in a relationship. Both of these things aren't sexual, unless if you're somehow making the claim that two women dating each other is inherently sexual.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I mean this in the kindest way, but I'm convinced that you misread something. It was... just a story of a lesbian woman in The Future... who has a girlfriend. The worst thing is the use of the word "vibrations" as a description of an alarm clock ringing, if memory serves. The only other possible intent (depending on Tap's sexuality, which isn't a thing I'm asking her) is projecting being in a relationship. Both of these things aren't sexual, unless if you're somehow making the claim that two women dating each other is inherently sexual.
0% of my decision based based on the gender(s) of the characters.

This said, based on some of the comments I will go back, again, and reread the post.

EDIT: I was 100% wrong in my previous decision. I clearly skimmed when I should have read more closely.

Thanks go to you and others in the thread who urged me to reconsider my initial action.

Last edited:
News - The Progress 4/2/76
dei0yjd-05af1165-8c26-43f5-acb5-afddc48a9c64.png

- Found in hometown newspaper, I'm gonna miss him. They outlived that first alligator farm.
Dr. McEnery​

Alligator Mississippiensis
deiacqm-70ee36f5-1fa0-4165-b252-e1b04330e547.png

(American) Alligator

Alligator Mississippiensis

Alligators are a large reptilian species which live primarily in freshwater rivers and freshwater wetlands across the East Atlantic Mandate. Hatched from eggs, and often sexed by temperature, male alligators averaging to 360 kg (790 lbs) and 3.4 m (11 ft 2 in), and female alligators tending towards 91 kg (201 lbs), measuring 2.6 m (8 ft 6 in) in length. Some males have grown up to 1000 kg (2,200 lbs) and 5-6 m (16 ft 5 in - 19 ft 8 in), however it is increasingly rare to find individuals of this size. Intrusive saltwater, temperature and poaching place a downward pressure on alligator populations, though their northern most unsupervised populations still push further up the Appalachian Mountains and have shown significant resistance to the deleterious effects of radiation. Once the indisputable apex predator of subtropical semi-aquatic habitats, the Burmese Python and American Crocodile commonly prey on Alligator populations where they overlap. Nutria, beaver, deer, waterfowl, and other small animals make up the main diet of alligators, though they are not obligate carnivores and will be seen eating fruits and processed foods.

While unsupervised populations remain stable, the East Atlantic Mandate has integrated alligators into their agricultural systems, with leather, meat, medicines produced from their blood, and scat being used as commodities for international trade and are an important source of waste removal for agriculture. Most cultivated alligators are gathered in communal ponds, where the waters are warmed for their winters and communal food scraps are fed to the gators. Towns may keep a handful of breeding couples for their lifespans, with some adopting them as local mascots. Alligators living in residential ecological regime are not subject to culling by recognized Mandate Authorities, and some municipalities have begun banning Eurasian boars in favor of alligator meat. Several sects of Islam in the mandate including the Nation of Islam and Islamic Working Family Shura have issued fatwas declaring alligator meat halal, though most governments recognized by Mandate Authorities who are aligned with the United States and Indian Country's Fiqh Council of North America condemn alligator meat as haram.

Okay folks I REALLY screwed the pooch here.

Reread this now, unlike when I first reviewed it in a pre-coffee haze, and I just flat screwed up. I skimmed earlier when I should have read.

My profound apologies to the author and my thanks to those who persisted in "recommending" that I reconsider this action.
Don't worry, dude. Happens to the best of us.

Can you make the situation in my home country, @TapReflex where the Philippines was survived or dissolved in the wake of World War III as well as adding the Luzon Restricted Region?
Re: Your worries that Luzon is ashes, the Philippines pulled through the war with relatively minor direct strikes, and Manila remains the capital city of the Philippines (though much of the infrastructure was rebuilt post-war)
- Dr. Reddy

Don't worry, a world map is coming soon, and there will def be room to give some light to the broader world, including the lovely Pearls of the Pacific. Me and Dr. Reddy are just reviewing what information we're allowed to show folks from the past, which is what takes this project some time!
- Potts

Don't worry, a world map is coming soon, and there will def be room to give some light to the broader world, including the lovely Pearls of the Pacific. Me and Dr. Reddy are just reviewing what information we're allowed to show folks from the past, which is what takes this project some time!
How would the socio-progressive ideals fare in my home country? Are these Filipinos dealing with waves of Indian, American, European, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese refugees by scanning through descendants and allows like Filipino-Americans to settle in and sparked a cultural renaissance?
Re: Your worries that Luzon is ashes, the Philippines pulled through the war with relatively minor direct strikes, and Manila remains the capital city of the Philippines (though much of the infrastructure was rebuilt post-war)
- Dr. Reddy
Is Manila already building a memorial dedicated to the victims of minor nuclear attacks that took place?
Anyways, can I join you, @TapReflex in posting graphics or maps related to your TL if you allow me to help with the worldbuilding project?

Last edited: