Does America enter WWI?

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey folks, a sad announcement for this TL

I'm putting LTES on an indefinite hold, although I will try and get back to it/maybe revamp it one day. I had been running out of ideas for it for a while, and I just don't want to try and continue something where I don't have ideas and my heart isn't in it. I'm going to try and start a new TL soon, and one that I swear I'll finish out, lol. I hope everyone understands, and I'd like to thank you for all your support!

I'm putting LTES on an indefinite hold, although I will try and get back to it/maybe revamp it one day. I had been running out of ideas for it for a while, and I just don't want to try and continue something where I don't have ideas and my heart isn't in it. I'm going to try and start a new TL soon, and one that I swear I'll finish out, lol. I hope everyone understands, and I'd like to thank you for all your support!
Shame to see this ended:confused:/ leave a link on this thread for your new project when it arrives?pls

Last edited:
A shame, I was really looking forward to seeing how american culture/ideology would have developed.

I might do an update on American ideology (something I already had planned) and maybe a short epilogue at the end to give the TL a proper send off

Shame to see this ended:confused:/ leave a link on this thread for your new project when it arrives?pls

Oh absolutely! I'm planning it out right now. I have the general theme of the story ready, just not the rest. Should be coming soon

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor

Well, if this is the case, a tad disappointed but I fully understand where you are coming from. Looking forward to your new TL, though!

Don’t be hard on yourself it happens (and I should know )

American ideology into the 21st century would be very interesting.

Before you give up on let the egale scream i suggest asking people for suggestions. I think the timeline so end with an American dominated global federation. I also suggest that during the late 70's a new Supreme Director of The Union of Orthodox States decides to stop the polcy of othdoox christian sunni brotherhood and force the muslism to convert. The Union think they can supress all attempt of the muslim nation to resist conversion but they wrong. Also how an italaiin german splitThe muslim nations winds up in the orbit of america. I hope this sugesiotn possiably give you the will power power to conitune let the egale scream.

Last edited:
Here another a suggestion. America and Germany enter detente in the late 70's early 80' when they decide it culturist clousit American friendly y party take power int gemran in the late 80's early 90's. I think there leader should be either be the son or grandson adofl half irish nephew willaim Patrick Hitler (I doubt he would change his last name to Stuart Houston ttl like he did otl). IF you dont't remember me talking about willaim patrick hittler then follow this link.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stuart-Houston

The New Americanism
Since I have free time today, and I'm suffering from a bit of writer's block on a school paper, I decided to write this update! I'm hoping to get this TL restarted soon.

The New Americanism

After the Second World War, the United States had finally finished its transformation from regional power into global empire. With territories encompassing places as culturally distinct as Hispaniola and Burma, the American nation could no longer depend on Anglo-Saxon Protestant culture to unify its vast dominion. To this effect, numerous political thinkers and leaders began pushing "The New Americanism," with an eye on creating a new "Pan-American culture," as well as modifying the economic structure of the country. Universal Language & Patriotism Education, Robust Regulationism, "Mixed Americanization," The "Fair Colonial Deal," and the New Racial Tolerance were all defined as the key components of the New Americanism by the ideology's "founding father" William F. Buckley Jr. His thoughts would forever shape the American nation, and would define the next 50-60 years of American politics.

Universal Language & Patriotism Education was a definitive new curricula for all of America's children in order to reshape both the Colonies and the Homeland. In the colonies, non English-speaking populations were required to be fluent in English before graduating high school (the American government built thousands of high schools in the colonies during the post-war era). In the Homeland, high school students were required to be fluent in a "colonial language" like Filipino or Spanish. The reasoning for this cross-pollination of languages was described by Buckley: "The American nation has been given a duty to spread civilization across the globe, like Rome of old. To do this, it is necessary to make English the new Latin. However, at the same time if we are to avoid the imperial and cultural arrogance as the Europeans, and if we are to uplift rather than crush our brothers in the territories, we must learn their languages as well. Only then can we be knit together into one happy American family." Complementing this was the universal implementation of patriotic values and lessons into the national curriculum, in order to create a new wave of common national sentiment. These programs were introduced informally throughout the 1940's and 50's, until President Kennedy formally implemented the Language and Patriotic Education Act in 1962, shortly after the creation of the Department of Education.

Robust Regulationism was Buckley's economic plan. Buckley was, like the majority of Americans, an ardent capitalist. However, hearing the horrors of the labor struggles at the turn of the century, and witnessing the rise of a Military-Industrial Synthesis in Germany made Buckley and his followers proponents of certain strict regulations. Among the key components of the plan was legislation for an inflation adjusted minimum wage, stricter worker's compensation and protection laws, and a more progressive tax structure. This was among the most controversial of Buckley's ideals, and would only be implemented piecemeal, and not without a fight.

Mixed Americanization was a new idea that would radically shift American culture. In the past, America gradually welcomed all races into its fold, in return for adherence to a very strictly and narrowly Anglo-Saxon cultural ideal. However, Buckley recognized that such cultural strictness would become a hindrance to further integrating the country. Furthermore, it started to give people unhappy reminders of Pujo's brand of Unitism, which was more of a cultural project rather than a racial one. Clearly the old way of doing things was no longer practical or moral. Buckley instead proposed that while American political ideals clearly had to be universal, and "exceptionally barbaric" cultural practices should be eradicated, it made more sense for the Union to embrace its plethora of cultures and their traditions, so long as Union loyalty came first. Although slow to take off at first, and despite it becoming a wedge issue between conservatives and liberals, this Mixed Americanization would soon become the standard way of handling immigrants and native peoples. Helping to prevent a wider cultural backlash was also the fact that all but the most traditional members of non-Anglo groups would wind up adopting at least some Anglo customs, creating a fascinating cultural blend across America.

The Fair Colonial Deal was a plan that called for the eventual statehood of all colonies, as well as for the federal government to make massive investments in developing the colonies. However, the FCD called for oversight to ensure that the colonial investment was actually meant to benefit the colonists, rather than American corporations and investors. Emphasis was placed on education and manufacturing, in an effort to end the model of the the uneducated, resource based colonies fueling the mainland. Excepting some setbacks and reversals of policy during the 80's, the FCD was held up by almost every administration as the gold standard of colonial development, and by the year 2010 all but the poorest and newest regions outside the Homeland had a standard of living that was roughly equivalent to the Homeland. Of course, the fact that this policy fueled massive economic growth across the nation as millions of formerly poverty-stricken people used their newfound earnings to buy consumer goods and homes only helped its popularity. President Clinton would later call the Fair Colonial Deal "The most effective technique ever employed to spread the American Dream, and the most profitable investment this nation has ever made."

The New Racial Tolerance was the trickiest, yet arguably the most vital part of the New Americanism. Race was still a sensitive topic in the US when Buckley published his seminal work on New Americanism entitled "What Now? How to Secure America's Great Power Status For the Future," in 1952. The Brown v. Alabama case would prove that two years later. Nonetheless, in his political bestseller, Buckley argued that only "100% Racial Tolerance" would allow America to survive. America now had vast domains filled with people who could not be considered white. Furthermore, Buckley took the view that future imperial expansion was inevitable, and it was unlikely to be happening in Europe. If America was to take its place as the rightful hegemon of the world, the City on a Hill, the Manifest Destiny of human civilization, then it needed to take concrete steps to end the system of informal segregation in the South, and eliminate the undercurrent of disdain many still had for the Union's non-white members. Many prominent liberal leaders latched onto this part of Buckley's platform, and the debate that would ensue would shape American political life forever...

Superman_American700_59a0b47e397f63.76112626.jpg

A poster from an elementary school in Missouri, circa 1956

william-f-buckley-jr-class-0f-1950.jpg

William Buckley Jr, the Father of the New Americanism, in 1950

sep2015_m04_phenom.jpg

Children at a racially integrated school in American Hispaniola recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

i feel that superman and captain america are THE ideological drivers for america so seeing at least one of them there it just brings a smile to my face.

Do you remember my suggestions of a German itilaina split in the 60's and a german american denate against the russains in the 70's or the 80's