Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice chapter. If possible, I would love to see POV chapters of people living in Eurasia? Would love to see a chapter on Castro. Keep up the good work.

20110531021008SI-2005-35514Am.jpg

Valdez Raptor Helicopters in Bolivia (1954)
Why do I suddenly have this strange need to play "Fortunate Son"?

Wonder when the next chapter will come. I hope we don't have to wait to long. How is the Empire of Hindustan/Moslemstan (OTL India) doing after WW2? Probably in perpetual rivalry with China over influence within their shared space. Hope the Muslims and Hindus are living in peace with one another.

Wonder when the next chapter will come. I hope we don't have to wait to long. How is the Empire of Hindustan/Moslemstan (OTL India) doing after WW2? Probably in perpetual rivalry with China over influence within their shared space. Hope the Muslims and Hindus are living in peace with one another.

Hey man! Next chapter should be this week and is either gonna be on Castro or the Computer Revolution! As for Hindustan/Moslemstan:

It's complicated. There's little in the way of mass religious or ethnic violence, and nothing quite as bad as the partition occurred, although a smaller version occured when the nation was set up. However, the national Parliament can get quite dysfunctional as the Muslims and Hindus try and ensure that neither side gets an advantage. However, things are changing at the cultural level and will get if not friendlier, at least more cooperative.

Vis a vis China, it's not as competitive as you think because India is really inwardly focused at the moment. The collapse of British rule was uglier than OTL and there's a lot of soul searching and economic rebuilding going on. In the future it will probably become more competitive though.

There was, in fact, a large propaganda effort around the early years of New Zion. Much of it was from genuine enthusiasm, but it was also partly to drown out complaints from displaced Canadians. The two most famous products of this effort were the movie Exodus and the genre of the "Kosher Western." Exodus, an epic film released in 1951, detailed the fictional story of a young Polish Jewish woman named Esther Loeb as she survived the loss of her parents and the abuses of life in post-war Poland, then came on a boat to America to settle down in New Zion. There, she fought off a pack of wolves and founded a farm in the (real) new settlement of New Eliat. At the midpoint of the film, secret Sons of the Maple Leaf loyalists (portrayed as Brits) besieged her farm. She was rescued by Captain Rick Snyder, a wholesome German-American boy from Iowa. They fall in love, and Esther helps him round up the last loyalists in the area around New Eliat. The film concludes with their wedding, and the epilogue states that they have 6 children, who Rick and Esther agreed to raise Jewish. The movie was a smash hit, and also the first action/epic film to feature a true female lead. Exodus would shape much of the public's perception of the colonization project in New Zion. The "Kosher Westerns" played a role in that as well. These were essentially classic Western stories but told through the eyes of Jews settling in New Zion in the modern day. All in all, Americans viewed the project in New Zion as wholly heroic on the part of the Jews, and altruistic on their part.
Sounds like a movie I would be interested in watching.

ITTL that translates to helping settle the Jews in America and saying that America must shelter the Jews "because those that bless Zion will be blessed by God" (rough summary of a piece of scripture I don't remember at the moment). This leads into a final point.
That is from Genesis 12:3. "and I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed."

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Return to the Grave from whence you came!

With Iron, Salt, Blood, and Power I fix you back into the ground where you may once again rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.