Learning to be Free Again: Electoral Wackiness in Post-Communist America

So, what about the Constitution? Have the States called a Constitutional Convention in 1990 to draft a new constitution?
Noooot yet. The pre-1935 Constitution has been temporarily restored and you can be darn sure that figuring out how a new one will work will be a headache (what isn't...)

Pat Robertson being some ultra Christian nut job would be cool, and I mean a perhaps different nutjob than otl, as in taking advantage of the electoral mess to try and enter politics (not in donations but actual office)

Jared Taylor also might have a important role as a ideologue still but with more influence on the new elite, much as Russian ones such as Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Aleksandr Dugin, Zakhar Prilepin, Yegor Letov.
Now King of the Uzbek did make a good point on over the top parallelism, so I am not alluding to one, I gave a few examples. I still think due to the power vacuum and confusion in this situation, as well as societal shifts will lead to similar currents. And keeping otl figures like Jared but changing their role a bit works.

I think finding a direct parallel to Zhirinovsky would be very difficult. As I understand it, he opposed both capitalism and communism, so many OTL figures are out if they don't have significant differences. I imagine his analogue as a nativist, pro-expansion (whatever that means in a late 20th century America), probably calling himself a Jeffersonian and hoping to return America to a state more like the early Republic.

I'm not trying to influence the thread, just saying Zhirinovsky is a little more nuanced than just ultranationalis.