Lawrence's Legacy - A Map-Game based Con-World

Gian

Banned
lawrences-legacy-png.405039

A while back, I started a map-game in the Shared Worlds forum with a common point of divergence somewhere during the Seven Years' War. Starting with Charles Lawrence (the British general who in our world would be responsible for the Expulsion of the Acadians) going mad with power and eventually staging a coup against the government, I (along with a bunch of players) crafted a world; one in which the Seven Years War lasted for another six years, with devastating consequences for the French and Spanish Empire. It is a world locked in a three-way cold war between the world's democracies and the extreme regimes on both sides of the political spectrum.

We eventually agreed to take this map game further and convert it into a full-fledged collaborative TL in the mold of other successful TLs like it. Now, several months later, we are at this stage to make it official. Here, we will post snippets of this world, as well as any news of great interest to the good people of AH.com.

(A big thanks of course, to the players of the original map-game, without whom this TL would not have been.)

Anyways, the actual POD here is that Nader Shah doesn't go insane during the last days of his reign and thus avoids assassination, guaranteeing a stable succession for the Afsharid Empire.

Gian

Banned
Anyways, the actual POD here is that Nader Shah doesn't go insane during the last days of his reign and thus avoids assassination, guaranteeing a stable succession for the Afsharid Empire.

I think we're going to need a basic TL of all the changes brought so far.