Status
Not open for further replies.
What other animated films can we expect Universal to release in the 1980s?

rather, how abysmal can we expect Thumbelina to be?
I thing Thumbelina will be mediocre, and not because animation, but story...what come after that..is what i think will be a trainwreck

Personally, I kind of feel that it's better with the WB brand.
Oh you mean the same company that, I don't know, SHUT HANNA-BARBERA STUDIOS DOWN after the latter's founders died? And let's not forget the numerous (and unnecessary) of Scooby-Doo direct-to-video movies that WB shits out every year, most of which are hit-or-miss after the release of Cyber Chase. And don't get me started with WB replacing most of the current voice cast for the upcoming Scoob movie.

And besides, if Walt Disney buys Hanna-Barbera while Mary Kay Bergman still becomes the new VA for Daphne like IOTL, perhaps it is most likely that Walt, being the father figure that he is ITTL, helps Bergman with her generalized anxiety disorder as well as talking her out of committing suicide, thus Bergman is still living life to this day.

Scooby-Doo direct-to-video movies that WB shits out every year, most of which are hit-or-miss after the release of Cyber Chase.
Yeah but a little secret...those movies works to keep the IP alive. When Shutting down hanna barbera did was harsh...without the founder would be hard...and HB did have issues with more modern cartoon

BUT i will tell you a secret Turner-WARNER at least show the cartoons and used them(even things unique like adult swim), with Disney they would be locked down in a vault.

Yeah but a little secret...those movies works to keep the IP alive. When Shutting down hanna barbera did was harsh...without the founder would be hard...and HB did have issues with more modern cartoon

BUT i will tell you a secret Turner-WARNER at least show the cartoons and used them(even things unique like adult swim), with Disney they would be locked down in a vault.
My sentiments exactly. Besides, at least Boomerang was still airing those old H-B shows until recently.

Going off that specific comment, I would consider that kind of harsh. After all, Hanna-Barbera were the ones who produced the first CN shows: the first two seasons of Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, the first four seasons of The Powerpuff Girls, etc.

Going off that specific comment, I would consider that kind of harsh. After all, Hanna-Barbera were the ones who produced the first CN shows: the first two seasons of Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, the first four seasons of The Powerpuff Girls, etc.
At that Time HB was more the studio that the artist but yeah Turner did used well the HB studios and talent before shutting it down(but that seems more a warner decision)

Status
Not open for further replies.