Largest cities in a 21st century surviving Tsarist Russia?

Foxx

Banned
What do you think would have been the largest cities in a 21st century surviving Tsarist Russia? FTR, Tsarist Russia can expand and contract in whatever ways you please just as long as they're not ASB and just as long as Tsarist Russia survives up to the present-day.

St. Petersburg, Tsaritsyn, Moscow, Kiev, Smolensk, Warsaw, Minsk, Novosibirsk, Vladivostok, Riga, and Sevastopol in no particular order

St. Petersburg and Moscow would be mega-cities with easily over 10 million people and would probably rival the largest cities of China and India in terms of population. The others, while probably having several million people each, wouldn't break the 10 million requirement to be megacities.

Foxx

Banned
Tsargrad.
How many people?

Kiev and Volgograd are fairly south.
I meant below Rostov.

St. Petersburg and Moscow would be mega-cities with easily over 10 million people and would probably rival the largest cities of China and India in terms of population. The others, while probably having several million people each, wouldn't break the 10 million requirement to be megacities.
What would be the largest of the second-tier millionaire Russian cities?

Would the Russians perhaps favor a large Armenian vassal state instead of annexing it?
That could be difficult since AFAIK Muslims actually outnumbered Armenians in eastern Anatolia.

Foxx

Banned
I didn't know Crimea had mountains. :oops:
Topographic-Map-of-Ukraine.png

Deleted member 109224

How many people?

A lot. Istanbul province today has 15m people. I imagine that under Russian rule, with a great many more people to draw from, it'd be much larger.

----------

How big is Russia?

If there's a quick CP-knockout, I can see Russia annexing Western Armenia (Wilsonian Armenia, more or less), Istanbul, Galicia-Lodomeria, Bukovina, Posen, and Upper Silesia. Maybe even Kashubia-Gdansk.

I think it's possible that we'd eventually see a partition of Manchuria with Japan. Japan gets Liaoning and Kando. Russia gets Jilin, Heilongjiang, and a slice of inner Mongolia.

No Civil War + No Gulags + No Holodomor + No Famines + No WW2 + No Lysenkoism/Virgin Lands Campaign + annexed lands + being a bit more rural for longer (meaning higher birth rate) = a total population of ... 550 to 600 million.

Definitely large cities:

1. Moscow
2. St Petersberg
3. Tsaritsyn
4. Odessa
5. Tsargrad
6. Vladivostok
7. Kiev
8. Warsaw

Vladivostok would be the Petersberg of the east, I think. Khabarovsk might also become fairly large.
If Russia annexes a slice of outer Manchuria, then Harbin would be a very big Russian City.
If Russia annexes all of Manchuria, I would expect Dalian to be a very very large Russian City.

There's bound to be some Central Asian Mega City. The Ferghana Valley today has 14 million people as of 2014 (likely more like 16 today) and 22% of Central Asia's population. If there's going to be a mega-city in Central Asia, I imagine it'd be there. Tashkent has 2.5m people today. Without the geopolitical division of the valley, I imagine its biggest city would be much larger. Tashkent was also on the Trans-Caspian Railway, making it fairly well-linked to the rest of Russia.