It's hard to know, but unlikely. It's too far away for us to have anything concrete.

this is a possibility but it would be something in the future, the author did not even reach the year 1600. But the otl had important reasons for the failures of these two revolts.

for sure or some other bizarre thing. but I find it difficult to predict at the moment without seeing how the colony and the rest of the world will develop in the future.
Yeah this basically, in the Mineira one there was a lack of support from the population alongside a traitor in their mix while the Baiana did have support of the people and even a few of the lites but they were crushed quickly before it could really spread.

Maybe, but unlikely (there will be cases but I think they will be uncommon). Most will be converted to Catholicism, not to mention that in OTL Brazil had a good number of Muslim slaves (who obviously could not practice the religion). These slaves staged the largest slave rebellion in the history of Brazil, with around 600 slaves. At the time, the capital of Bahia had about 65,000 inhabitants and of that number, about 40% were slaves. If the entire population of blacks in Salvador were aggregated, the number would reach 78% of the city's population. Thus, only 22% of Salvador's population was white. something curious about the revolt revolt, was formed exclusively by slaves born in Africa. With slaves killing black Brazilians together with white Brazilians. Something curious about the revolt revolt, was formed exclusively by slaves born in Africa. With slaves killing black and white Brazilians. It will be interesting to see how the influence of blacks and pardos in the colony will be. From the beginning in the history of OTL Brazil, blacks and natives were important to the history of the country. Of the four most important figures in the war against Holland (which wanted to conquer Brazil) were a Black man and an native.
Considering where the slaves are from I'd think they're be mostly pagan instead of being Muslim, and it's very likely that a significant percentages of slaves switch to Christianity/Judaism for quirks like getting citizenship.

Considering where the slaves are from I'd think they're be mostly pagan instead of being Muslim, and it's very likely that a significant percentages of slaves switch to Christianity/Judaism for quirks like getting citizenship.
Well the majority of them don't have a choice in what religion they practice so they're forced to convert to Catholicism when they arrive and short of them being born to Jewish mothers or fathers, I don't see them turning to Judaism too.

Although we will see a version of Camdomble of course

Weren't the Jews (and Huguenots for that matter) forbidden from converting slaves to their religion?

@Kurd Gossemer
Almost done with that map, some quick questions:
Did the Russians take any parts of Livonia other than Riga? Also what parts of Livonia are in Swedish/Danish/Polish hands?
Are there any French settlements in Africa?
Are there any English settlements in the Americas besides Sipang?

@Kurd Gossemer
Almost done with that map, some quick questions:
Did the Russians take any parts of Livonia other than Riga? Also what parts of Livonia are in Swedish/Danish/Polish hands?
Are there any French settlements in Africa?
Are there any English settlements in the Americas besides Sipang?
For now only Riga and the the area around it(bordering Courland) is in Russian hands alongside the other changes I mentioned in the update.

Truce_of_Jam_Zapolski_1582.PNG

This is the map I've used for reference, Sweden pulls out of the war earlier and thus manages to keep their territory in the map(same with Denmark), while Russia gets the regions in Polockie and Witebeskie(including the city of Witebsk) up until the bank of the Daugava river and the areas of Kozackie(including the city of Kijow/Kiev), Cznernichowskie and Mscilawskie up until the Dnieper River.

Polish-Lithuanian_Commonwealth_in_1619.PNG

Another good map I used for reference at how much Poland Lost.

As for Africa, French hold the islands of Cape Verde, Sao Tome and Principe alongside a small bit of territory in the Niger River where it meets the ocean in the Niger Delta.

The British have a colony in Africa in the place where OTL Ada Foah is and like the French colony is small and used mainly for the nascent slave trade. But so far they only have Sipang

Last edited:
yeah I was thinking about it if the colony becomes independent before 1800
Even in this period it is unlikely that there is a large conversion of ex-slaves/slaves to Judaism, Protestantism is a possibility in the states that they are a majority. But more likely is the vast majority of them converting to the majority religion.

Last edited:
Even in this period it is unlikely that there is a large conversion of ex-slaves/slaves to Judaism, Protestantism is a possibility in the states that they are a majority. But more likely is the vast majority of them converting to the majority religion.
tbf that's true, but I defo could see some converting to Judaism.

tbf that's true, but I defo could see some converting to Judaism.
Yes, it will be a small minority but it will happen. The most likely way will be through marriages of Jews with this group (the most likely way. Not only marriages, but also in other ways such as through concubines), more traditional conversions will be very, very rare. And this will only happen legally after the independence of the colony (around the 18th century).

One place that will be interesting to see develop is going to be Germanic Venezuela. I think they are likely to be concentrated in the few temperate areas, probably with the rest of the colony having pardos (if the Germans mix with the locals/blacks) and blacks. Perhaps advancing on the Spanish and French in the long run. The colony's biggest problem will be the weather.
Venezuela_K%C3%B6ppen.png

This is perfect, thank you. Do you think you could give some tips on how to make my own maps? Always wanted to do them but never managed to get into it
Actually never mind, I managed to learn it on Paint via playing around with it on 10 minutes so I think I can do stuff of my own maps. Still, thanks very much, I always appreciate help.

Also added some stuff I forgot like Russia still holding the Baltics as well as no French Comte existing ITTL due to a more favorable peace for France due to the routing of the Spanish Army during the battle of St. Quentin, not to mention tiny French presence in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland(which the French call Arcadia and doesn't have many people outside of Bretons and Normans but will grow naturally on it's own).
Antarctique.png

Last edited:
Great map.
1575 is an interesting year, the Spanish Empire declared bankruptcy in that year. With this bankruptcy there were several mutinies amongst the unpaid Spanish soldiers generating the "Spanish Fury"( looting plundering many towns and villages even in loyal territories of the Netherlands). During the "fury" period I think France will intervene in the region. In OTL, due to this all provinces except Luxemburg rose in revolt in November 1576. So the next decades will be very violent in Europe as a whole (we have also the total conquest of Ireland by England).

Okay I looked at the new map and saw some curious things. In North America we have small French, Swedish and Danish colonies (but then in a very early stage of colonization) very close to each other. In the Caribbean, England controls the island of Hispanhola and, best of all, Sweden controls Jamaica (and nobody controls the Bahamas). In south africa we have sweden (I think it is at least) that's something very unique. At least I never saw a Scandinavian South Africa. Ethiopia is bigger than I thought it would be (it will probably control the Horn of Africa in the next few centuries), plus the country will have serious problems with Arab raids especially considering that they have a presence in a region not far from the medina. Other than that I didn't find anything unusual.
Actually never mind, I managed to learn it on Paint via playing around with it on 10 minutes so I think I can do stuff of my own maps.
I don't know about you but I love maps, they give a better view of the world situation in alternate histories.

Great map.
1575 is an interesting year, the Spanish Empire declared bankruptcy in that year. With this bankruptcy there were several mutinies amongst the unpaid Spanish soldiers generating the "Spanish Fury"( looting plundering many towns and villages even in loyal territories of the Netherlands). During the "fury" period I think France will intervene in the region. In OTL, due to this all provinces except Luxemburg rose in revolt in November 1576. So the next decades will be very violent in Europe as a whole (we have also the total conquest of Ireland by England).
Maybe, remember that France is going through a regency thanks to the death of both Henry II and Francis II, where the Dauphin and his siblings are being led by Catherine de Medici, Mary of Scotland(who won't be able able to stay in France all the time, especially now that she has an heir to her kingdom), Francis Duke of Guise and Charles Maximilien(OTL Charles IX) who while would certainly love to join in against the Spanish, they have several roadblocks towards it like lack of communication with the Dutch Rebels(although France is funding them), having to keep stability in the realm, especially under a regency marred by the still existing religious tensions that often go hot as well as while France has mostly payed off their debt they also are using the money to modernize and change the way their army and navy works when war with Spain does come.

Okay I looked at the new map and saw some curious things. In North America we have small French, Swedish and Danish colonies (but then in a very early stage of colonization) very close to each other. In the Caribbean, England controls the island of Hispanhola and, best of all, Sweden controls Jamaica (and nobody controls the Bahamas). In south africa we have sweden (I think it is at least) that's something very unique. At least I never saw a Scandinavian South Africa. Ethiopia is bigger than I thought it would be (it will probably control the Horn of Africa in the next few centuries), plus the country will have serious problems with Arab raids especially considering that they have a presence in a region not far from the medina. Other than that I didn't find anything unusual.

I don't know about you but I love maps, they give a better view of the world situation in alternate histories.
Me too, I'll try and make maps for whatever reason that I think is needed.
And yes, it's Sweden in South Africa who in a few chapters will get their own update(when I do another one about parts around the world), same thing with Ethiopia who will have some serious naval issues with Yemen, Oman and the Ottomans but outside of the Portuguese, they'll also receive help from a unexpected ally....