Language challenge: tiny English

tom said:
nless you want to tackle it! :)

I said "I GOTTA learn to search before posting threads. Too close to one of my first posts - unless you want to tackle it! :) "

Straha

Banned
a longer lasting and stronger norse empire could result in english as we know it being restricted to england with lots of mutually incomprehensible patois/dialects all over the world. North America would have languages that are based off of englsiuh but are different due to englsih mixing with the locallanguage and being subsumed. In tihs TL we could see cornish,manx and the other dialects in britain being full fledged languages. By 2004 we'd have the englsih language family ranging from Neo-Nahuatl in tenocha to bretannist to manx in the islaes of man and even to north german. This world would have 1/2 of its people speaking some language based on english.

oh dammit you gave a limit of 1589 as the earliest :eek: :( ... sorry can't help there

Look at Aeolus: No Glorious Revolution, Stuarts re-catholize Britain and don't expand the empire but stay happily on their islands, leaving the world to the French... however, there's still the American Commonwealth... but it's pretty close.