L’Aigle Triomphant: A Napoleonic Victory TL

As for China I go back and forth on doing a Full Chinawank or going the Full Taiping, but either way the UK is not winning any alt-Opium War that could arise (I’m taking a much stricter policy on butterflies here than in CdM or BCM)
Are you telling me that Taiping is not a chinawank :p, joking aside you still can combine both

Something I thought about when France and Britain compete for Asia. France could derail British attempts at expansion by supporting states resisting British colonialism. Like it could support the Durrani and Sikh Empires against British expansion in India, help the Burmese resist British control, support insurgents in Aceh, and so on and so forth. Could create a good collection of allies that’ll reinforce French influence on the continent.

France is definitely going to have a way stronger hand than in OTL when it comes to colonialism- speaking of, how's the sick man of europe going to fare? My guess is poorly as good ol' nappy might have some ambition for avenging his defeat in Egypt...

I think a successful Taiping would be better as a TL in its own right.
That’s my current stance but we’ll see
Something I thought about when France and Britain compete for Asia. France could derail British attempts at expansion by supporting states resisting British colonialism. Like it could support the Durrani and Sikh Empires against British expansion in India, help the Burmese resist British control, support insurgents in Aceh, and so on and so forth. Could create a good collection of allies that’ll reinforce French influence on the continent.
Absolutely. A French entrepôt in Sindh (Karachi perhaps?) and support for the Marathas and Sikhs would do wonders for both checking British and eventually Russian ambitions in that part of the world
France is definitely going to have a way stronger hand than in OTL when it comes to colonialism- speaking of, how's the sick man of europe going to fare? My guess is poorly as good ol' nappy might have some ambition for avenging his defeat in Egypt...
Not well. A TL where Russia and France were friendly and collaborative through the Napoleonic era imo is one where Russia feels a lot more confident about pursuing something similar to the Greek Plan ASAP

Also, something interesting : Since Britain won't be conquering all of India like OTL, we probably won't see a unified "Indian" Identity or concept of state. We might see a "Bengali" State/Identity though, formed in opposition to the British.

That’s my current stance but we’ll see

Absolutely. A French entrepôt in Sindh (Karachi perhaps?) and support for the Marathas and Sikhs would do wonders for both checking British and eventually Russian ambitions in that part of the world

Not well. A TL where Russia and France were friendly and collaborative through the Napoleonic era imo is one where Russia feels a lot more confident about pursuing something similar to the Greek Plan ASAP
There was some discussion on another thread and New Rhomania itself would enclose most of Bulgaria according to the plan

There was some discussion on another thread and New Rhomania itself would enclose most of Bulgaria according to the plan
You think the russians will prop up the Romanian regime's claims on Transylvania?
To be honest, I kinda wonder why Napoleon didn't take advantage of Austria's multi-ethnic empire and set up a Hungarian ally?

Also, something interesting : Since Britain won't be conquering all of India like OTL, we probably won't see a unified "Indian" Identity or concept of state. We might see a "Bengali" State/Identity though, formed in opposition to the British.
Indeed. Which has big implications, since Bengal was (IiRC could be wrong) the economic powerhouse but not the political/military powerhouse of India at that time.
Interesting… I hate that name, so if I go that route I 1000% would not use it haha
You think the russians will prop up the Romanian regime's claims on Transylvania?
To be honest, I kinda wonder why Napoleon didn't take advantage of Austria's multi-ethnic empire and set up a Hungarian ally?
We talking OTL or TTL? Probably because he didn’t want to indulge outright ethnic nation states toooo much considering how many Italians and Germans (and Dutch, though to a lesser extent) wound up within the First Empire’s borders

We talking OTL or TTL? Probably because he didn’t want to indulge outright ethnic nation states toooo much considering how many Italians and Germans (and Dutch, though to a lesser extent) wound up within the First Empire’s borders
TTL for clarity, but I just have a feeling its like
France : Let's be nationalist!
Polish: Yay!
Germans, Italians and other minorities : So.... can we have our own sta-
France : No.

TBF most Germans and Italians do, but only in the parts of Germany and Italy Nappy didn’t want to occupy
Speaking of, how will we see the Confederation of the Rhine develop in the following decades? Will there ever be a push for further centralization once Napoleon kicks the bucket, or will we just see the idea of a unified Germany wither and die gradually?

German and Italian nationalism aren’t really a thing yet, but it’ll be interesting to see how they develop. As for Hungary, Napoleon apparently considered making it independent in 1809, but his candidate, Prince Esterházy, was a Habsburg loyalist. In addition, considering the sociopolitical conditions in Hungary, French involvement there would go down about as well as it did in Spain. The magnates were angered by the absolutism of Joseph II, and they’d definitely oppose a centralized administration of the Napoleonic model.

German and Italian nationalism aren’t really a thing yet, but it’ll be interesting to see how they develop. As for Hungary, Napoleon apparently considered making it independent in 1809, but his candidate, Prince Esterházy, was a Habsburg loyalist. In addition, considering the sociopolitical conditions in Hungary, French involvement there would go down about as well as it did in Spain. The magnates were angered by the absolutism of Joseph II, and they’d definitely oppose a centralized administration of the Napoleonic model.
Fair enough. How do you think Napoleon is going to be seen in france ITTL? My guess is kind of an auerlian^2 status, taking france from the brink into a superpower who's influence stretches the world over.

Speaking of, how will we see the Confederation of the Rhine develop in the following decades? Will there ever be a push for further centralization once Napoleon kicks the bucket, or will we just see the idea of a unified Germany wither and die gradually?
Tbh, I haven’t quite decided yet, but my instinct leans towards somewhere in between.
Huh, interesting. The more you know!
Fair enough. How do you think Napoleon is going to be seen in france ITTL? My guess is kind of an auerlian^2 status, taking france from the brink into a superpower who's influence stretches the world over.
That’s a good guess. Definitely his reputation would be even higher than it is OTL in France, where he’s held in high but not unilaterally amazing esteem