L’Aigle Triomphant: A Napoleonic Victory TL

It's not possible in the sense of making Argentina a part of Brazil, this ain't happening.
I agree with you on that (this would be the feeling of the nobility that often has nothing to do with reality)
Best you can make is some kind of Dual-Monarchy scenario, like Austro-Hungary. I wonder where would the overreaching capital be in this scenario? Montevideu? Porto Alegre?
probably Desterro (Florianopolis) or Porto Alegre. Montevideo is too close to buenos aires.

Last edited:
W hat would be the name of this possible union ?
United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, La Plata and Algarves
Maybe similar to the habsburg empire it will only be called the Braganza Empire.

El_Fodedor

Banned
W hat would be the name of this possible union ?
United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, La Plata and Algarves
Maybe similar to the habsburg empire it will only be called the Braganza Empire.
The South American Empire or the Empire of South America.

Maybe the Brazilian-Platino Empire, if the Braganza end up embracing the fact that they are here forever.

Last edited:
Small chapter but I enjoy it. Seems Brazil is bound to be a great power of Latin America ttl, not only controlling Cisplatina but French Guiana but with the possibility of adding more territory during Spain's troubles with its colonies as well as receiving Portuguese migration from dissatisfied population, not to mention not going through a civil war or having a brain drain as well as John's attempts at industrialization being more successful than otl, in the long run at least.

The South American Empire of the Empire of South America.
The empire of america or Empire of the tropics
Maybe the Brazilian-Platino Empire,
would have to have the title of portugal also due to the fact that portugal is "occupied" by invaders in the view of braganzas.
Seems Brazil is bound to be a great power of Latin America ttl, not only controlling Cisplatina but French Guiana but with the possibility of adding more territory during Spain's troubles with its colonies
What do you think that will happen to the philippines,
as well as receiving Portuguese migration from dissatisfied population, not to mention not going through a civil war or having a brain drain as well as John's attempts at industrialization being more successful than otl, in the long run at least.
a group that will probably migrate to the country will be germans and other groups that lost strength with the victory of france.

What's going on with Haiti at this point in the timeline?
If Napoleon is smart about it, he could have Haiti back at being French without having to fire a single shot, simply by offering to give the country some sort of self governance as well as rebuilding the country to produce it's great crops again without slavery(in this case, low wages) and he would been seen as legitimate by the population who are tired of years of insurgency and brutality.

If Napoleon is smart about it, he could have Haiti back at being French without having to fire a single shot, simply by offering to give the country some sort of self governance as well as rebuilding the country to produce it's great crops again without slavery(in this case, low wages) and he would been seen as legitimate by the population who are tired of years of insurgency and brutality.
At the moment I think that haiti is in a civil war between Alexandre Pétion (" eternal president", his base of power were the mulattos) and Henri Christophe (who was crowned king, his base of power are the radical black factions).

Considering he’s the one who reimposed slavery after the early Republic was forced to abolish it, I really doubt that would happen.

Considering he’s the one who reimposed slavery after the early Republic was forced to abolish it, I really doubt that would happen.
Not necessarily, that was in the beginning of his reign when he had the funds and men and navy to do it and more importantly, Haiti was still somewhat intact and producing most of it's crops.

Here, Haiti has/is going through another civil war, the economy is very much in shambles and they're getting non existent trade thanks to many countries not recognizing them , so just establishing slavery at gunpoint wouldn't do much when everything is wrecked.

Not to mention, Napoleon has wizened up and settled down more with the peace, especially knowing the stress of decades of war, so instead of choosing a more forceful choice, the diplomatic and smart choice would definitely appeal to him more I think.

Finally, there's the fact the inhabitants simply wouldn't accept being forced into slavery again especially given many are veterans of the independence war and know French tactics, not to mention it would be hell for the French soldier being told he's going to some tropical hole and die due to malaria/heat/wild animals/angry guerrillas and somehow not expect him to mutiny, even on orders from the Emperor. Not to mention a country like Britain would love the chance to not only appear as a moral champion by denouncing France as hypocrites who spout the Napoleonic code as so advanced but still try to put a people under the chains again, and gain a pragmatic victory by funneling weapons to the Haitians and when the French are exhausted again, gain a potential ally and market on the region with a boiling hatred for the former French overlords.

Haiti is in my opinion lost to Nap. He's not going to make the right decision every time. In that case the chance has already been lost in my opinion. Haiti will consume itself, as happened in the otl. Before thinking about colonies around the world, Nap has to sit quietly in Europe for at least 10 years. Europe was never controlled like this, it will take a lot of work to keep it that way and it's more important than an island in the caribbean or asia.

Best case scenario for Haiti is that France doesn't ask for the money Haiti "owed" France when Hati ended slavery. That was in the 1820s OTL and under a different French ruler so there's a decent chance that won't happen here. Not having to pay that debt will set Haiti up for better success ITTL than OTL.

Best case scenario for Haiti is that France doesn't ask for the money Haiti "owed" France when Hati ended slavery. That was in the 1820s OTL and under a different French ruler so there's a decent chance that won't happen here. Not having to pay that debt will set Haiti up for better success ITTL than OTL.
That in itself is possibly the single best improvement that I could see happening for Haiti. It's had quite a lot of problems but that right there massively improves its chances.