Kruschev hits Bush with a shoe

Oct 12, 1960

During a U.N. General Assembly meeting, Nikita Kruschev gets so angry at a speech by Vice President Prescott Bush that he takes off his shoe and throws it at him.

U.S. response? Effect on next month's Presidential election?

It's a DBWI.

We need a Bush in office in 1960 for Nikita to throw a shoe at ; so either Prescott or Vannevar.
The former is more likely IMHO.
Exacty what is the problem with Bush, so much that we need to bash his relatives like this, admittedly I would like to witness this scenario just for the fact of it being an amusing incident? I never understood this, do not say Iraq yes I am aware the conflict is unpopular I understand this quite well thank you, along with the economic issues of the war however that shouldn't generate such a firestorm for such a lackluster president.

He's a Russian :rolleyes: No because this is some strange fantasy of that rascally wabbit. :D
There have been a lot of stupid foot wear threads as of late, almost as much as the gender oddities

Hitting your desk with a shoe shows anger, hitting the Vice President of the opposing Superpower in the head with it shows signs of psychosis.

Good point; the Politburo probably forces him out before year's end. With Brezhnev in power,
would there still be a Cuban Missile Crisis in this ATL?

(Hmm, should I actually try to write "For Want of A Shoe" ?)