KRDBWI: Thoughts on the Long-Hohenzollern wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better question: how accurate is the Long Dynasty's legendary slogan, "Every Man a King"?
"Every man a King, but one man wears a crown"; I think that was the political cartoon a few years back. Look, America's welfare program is genuinely great and puts even Germany's to shame, even if it is built on the exploitation of the US puppet regimes in Latin America. The Long regime is definitely the American principate in the sense that it provides economic security to the people at the expense of political security.

Isn't the death of the Long "Emperors" often followed by power struggles amongst the Long clan?
Well, I don't know how accurate 'often' is, given that the transition from Russell to William was pretty smooth (to be fair, that was because William was the only alternative given that Russell only had daughters; his mother was Russell's eldest daughter) but yeah, there was definitely a struggle between Russell and Earl, which Russell of course won thanks to getting Earl declared insane. Although, with William Long pretty obviously grooming Fiona to succeed him, there probably will be some sort of disorder when he kicks it, given that people can claim that skipping over Rita Katherine Long in favor of William set a pseudo-male preference succession precedent. Actually, that's probably a reason for the wedding; it gives the Germans an incentive to intervene on behalf of his daughter, when before they could have been a major destabilizing influence on the League of American States through their ally Brazil.

The Long regime is definitely the American principate in the sense that it provides economic security to the people at the expense of political security.
American people has not heeded the word of benjamin franklin: "The one who gives up liberty for security deserves neither." that security also included Economic security as well.

Although, with William Long pretty obviously grooming Fiona to succeed him, there probably will be some sort of disorder when he kicks it, given that people can claim that skipping over Rita Katherine Long in favor of William set a pseudo-male preference succession precedent.
Well, Fiona only has sisters after her brother Edward died in a terrorist attack by Canadian nationalists.

Also, your thoughts on how Fengtian has a strong "Dongbei Nationalist" movement which proposes withdrawing all claims to the rest of China and proclaiming a Republic of the Dongbei which was led from the late 1950s to her death at the age of 93 in 2013 by one Yuni Tian?

Is it a response to the rise of the United Provinces of the Republic of China formed by Chen Jiongming in the 1930s which is currently one of the rising powers of the world?
Not to mention United Kingdom of Great Britain, which sided with China after Long's authoritarian turn. Which he viewed as Right-Wing Oswald Mosley.

Also, your thoughts on how Fengtian has a strong "Dongbei Nationalist" movement which proposes withdrawing all claims to the rest of China and proclaiming a Republic of the Dongbei which was led from the late 1950s to her death at the age of 93 in 2013 by one Yuni Tian?

Couldn't care less. They're irrelevant on the global stage. PM Chekhov called them "a blip on the map".

But Harbin is nice. It's cozy and very familiar.

Any thoughts on the Fengtian Government, @Tales Weaver? The Zhang Dynasty has ruled the region for the past century, having survived the Qing Restoration, the Second Fall of the Qing (OOC: I'll leave it vague whether this was via Wu Peifu ushering in Beiyang Government 2: Electric Boogaloo, Chen Jiongming invading the North, or Fengtian having a temporary victory), and the rise of the United Provinces of China under Chen Jiongming.

Last edited:
So one of the two main stumbling blocks to good relations between China and Japan (the other being Formosa/Taiwan) is "irrelevant"?
As a candidate running in Keijo-5, i think rest of the world is seeing the Fengtian government as insignificant as it doesn't draw much attention as Formosa issue. Which i need to address to further my campaign

As a candidate running in Keijo-5, i think rest of the world is seeing the Fengtian government as insignificant as it doesn't draw much attention as Formosa issue.
OTOH, Fengtian has a large conventional military and is a major reason the Chinese capital is in Nanjing and not Beiping (due to it being in range of Fengtian's heavy artilery), for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.