Krall wants to do a map tutorial, but...

Krall

Banned
I told someone on DeviantArt that I'd do a map tutorial, but I've got a problem. I want the map tutorial to follow my creation of a new map, instead of just showing old maps at various stages of completion. This is mainly because my most recent map (the Kingdom of Lothsgarraum) is much better than all of my previous maps, in my opinion, because of the different effects I added. I'd rather try to refine these techniques once more, instead of showing how I fumbled around trying to get them right on that map. I also really want to make another map, so it'd be convenient for a tutorial to follow that map's creation.

However, as previously stated, I have a problem; I don't have an idea for a country to map.

Now, before you guys start suggesting things like "The Empire of Deseret" or "The Caliphate of Novogorod" or any other of the half-baked, silly ideas running around your ADHD-, asperger's-ridden heads (er, no offence :eek:), all I want is a name.

I want to do a map set in the same world as Lothsgarraum as Kansehlie, and in the Empire of Einesraum, like Lothsgarraum and Kansehlie are, and it's going to be some sort of theocracy. Not a caliphate or a papacy, but something more like a bishorpic or a monastic order state.

So, essentially I want you to throw random letters together to form a country name. The Lokkic languages spoken in Einesraum are inspired by germanic languages, so try to make the name sound germanic. It's not necessary that the name sound germanic, though, as I can easily come up with a story about how the country was heavily influenced by a foreign nation, or how their language is radically different from that of the other people in Einesraum. If you're looking for suffixes to attach to the end of the country's name, then try "-raum" or "-ie", as they are the equivelant of "-reich/-land" and "-ia" respectively in most Lokkic languages.

So, yeah. Names. Think of some.

And those of you who are have no idea what I'm on about, I invite, nay, I demand that you check my DeviantArt gallery, the maps of Kansehlie and Lothsgarraum in said gallery, and the descriptions attached to said maps. My DeviantArt can be found here:
http://kurarun.deviantart.com/

Krall

Banned
Okay...how about

Kroenraum

Berungie

Werdberg

Prachsenraum

Rechtenberg

Ausraum

I don't think "Kroenraum" would work, as it would mean "crownland" in Kansehlic Lokkic (which is the lingua franca of Lokkic dialects), and the Emperor of Einesraum is also titled "the Keeper of the Imperial Crownlands", so it would be strange to have the Imperial Crownlands and a country called Crownland. But then again, when have these sorts of things ever been normal?

"Ausraum" would also be a strange one. "Aus" means "east" in some Lokkic languages, and there's already a geographical region and an autonomous principality within that region called "Ostraum" (lit. "eastern land"). But then I run into the question of whether I should be deciding which names to use according to logic.

"Prachsenraum" sounds very good, though, I might use that. If I don't, I'll probably use it for a different country in Einesraum.

Bogomstadt, a lonesome country ruled by three distinct-but-equal monastic orders, each tasked with a different role in the management / toiling /defence of the country. It was created by the Holy Church of Something :p on orders from the Emperor to defend the frontiers from pagan barbarians. Hence the mixed slavic / german name !

Krallania? :D

Krallensburg / Krallburg / Krallreich / Krallmania

Königsreich

Reiyden

Drosdok

Drosvadok

Yeschlek

Haika

Yuunta

Sporos

Kerask

Vainuutimark

Fenmark

Hansareich (from the hansa states? lol)

Meklarburg

There! Some random country names ;)

Krall

Banned
I think I'm going to go with "Berungie". I reserve the right to use "Prachsenraum" at a later date, though.