Kolchak's Warlord Atlas

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Admiral A. Kolchak, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

There is this:

Chris S likes this.
  2. phrynolatry Well-Known Member

Admiral A. Kolchak and Chris S like this.
  3. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

Chris S likes this.
  4. Threadmarks: 1926

Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

The Republic of China in 1926:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1926 (Unspecified Date):
    Shanghai is returned to Jiangsu. Sun Dining establishes himself in Bozhou, cooperating with the Lu Clique and the United Provinces. Sichuan's Zhili-appointed governor is overthrown by a pro-GMD officer.

March:
    Tang Shengzhi seizes power in Hunan in support of the GMD. However, Zhili forces still control Changsha. Zhili Clique invades Hebei. Jiang Jieshi, a GMD general, becomes the leader of the organisation. Sun Yue rules Hebei as a semi-independent clique from the Guominjun.

April:
    Jehol, Beijing, and Hebei are taken over by the Northeast Army. Zhang Zuolin, its leader, establishes the Fengtian Government under NE Army control.

May:
    Guizhou withdraws from Sichuan.

June:
    Liu Zhenhua besieges Xi'an in support of the Zhili Clique.

July:
    The Guomindang and its allies launch the Northern Expedition, an attempt to overthrow the northern warlords. The Guominjun attacks Beijing in support of GMD campaigns further south.

August:
    Zhili Clique expelled from Hunan. Northeast Army takes over Chahar.

September:
    Gui Clique forces besiege Wuchang. GMD forces invade Jiangxi but are repulsed. Jin Clique seizes control of Suiyuan. Liu Zhenhua defeated.

October:
    GMD forces make another attack into Jiangxi and Fujian. Guizhou joins the Northern Expedition. Wuchang falls. Zhejiang secedes from the United Provinces, but is defeated.

November:
    Xiang takes over most of Jiangxi.

December:
    Wuhan Government set up by left-leaning GMD leadership. Zhejiang secedes from the United Provinces a second time. Fujian taken over by the GMD.

5. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

Is that a tiny little nugget of Tibet stuck between Guominjun and Qinghai Ma? How did that get there?

6. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

Chris S likes this.
  7. Analytical Engine Monarchist Collectivist Federalist

8. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

Debugging 1.6.0 was... fun.

Conversely, the new map modes make it easier to show off the effort I've put into state modding.

Known Problems:
    - Sichuan Clique should really be three separate nations (I know, god forbid I add another tiny nation).
    - I'll probably split Henan at some point
    - I have yet to add in the decisions for creating Mengkiang, the Lianggunag Incident, Nanjing annexing Sichuan and Shantung, and Shanxi losing Henan when the war begins and gaining Hebei when it ends.
    - Hsikang, Sichuan, Hopeh, Hunan, and Tunganistan have no divisions.
    - Japan has no garrison in Shanghai, although I did give them a one-province state there to simulate this.
    - A lot of nations' divisions are outside their territory now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  9. APeninSpace What are you even meant to put here?

do you have a set colour palette for these maps? Because I'm looking to rework china in my TL and can't find any good colour palettes for them.

10. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

The East Asian parts of my personal colour scheme:
    Notes:

• “Far-Right” should include conservative dictatorships and absolute monarchies. Non-authoritarian forms of government that are still considered far-right (e.g. anarcho-capitalism) are also included.
      It does not include states ruled by parties with far-right orientations (e.g. if the NPD becomes the ruling party of Germany, then Germany will stay its normal colour because the NPD is still operating under a democratic system)

• “Far-left” should include any state built around a radical “revolution” movement.
    • “Normal” is any system of government not included under the previous categories.
      The basic colour of each country is used to colour regions under its normal administrative system.

• If a situation occurs where two factions would have the same colour according to the rules above, it’s okay to bend the rules or switch colours.
    • A “territory” is an area that is outside the state’s normal administrative system and administered directly by the central government.

• An “autonomous region” or “tributary” is an area that enjoys more autonomy than a normal administrative unit. If it is officially within the state, it is an autonomous polity; if it is officially outside the state, it is a tributary (the colour does not vary since the two conditions are indicated by border colours). This colour is only used if the situation is de jure.

• The lightest colour in the palette is used to show the area controlled by political or military organisations that act independently of the central government, but recognise that government’s legitimacy, and are not actually states of any kind. For example, the SS in many Axis victory TLs would be given this colour if it acquires territorial possessions.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

China:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

France - 6d9cb8
    Japan - BC022D

11. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

What is this thread? Looks pretty interesting!

12. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

Basically it's a thread where I post maps of the 1911-1957 Warlord Era in China. The main maps are just straight maps, but I do other stuff too, like HoI4 mods and animations.

13. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

OH! This is great! I am very interested in this era in Chinese history! Have you already on maps on Second Sino Japanese War? Would you or do you do more detailed maps of specific area within China?

Admiral A. Kolchak likes this.
  14. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

[​IMG]

15. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Awesome! Do you also do maps on specific battles as well? From the Warlords Era of from the Second Sino-Japanese War? Like Shanghai or Wuhan?

16. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

It's hard to find information about battle because a lot of the place names in references can't be found by searching online. A lot of "battles" in that era were really campaigns in scale, so a good idea about what happened can be gotten by just watching a video of the war.

Thon Taddeo and jerseyguy like this.
  17. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

upload_2019-3-16_21-46-43.jpeg

18. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

19. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Its really quite fascinating also to learn about how divided China really was at this point in time, making their war that much more challenging.