I'm slowly working on a new edition of this that will make everything I've posted here previously look amateurish in comparison. But in the meantime, here are some province-specific atlas-y maps I'm working on for a Shared Worlds game. These are Guangdong and Fujian, as they were in 1915.

Light green lines are roads, dark orange lines are railways.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Hey, question from @XFE here: he wants to know what the Korean panhandle into Manchuria near modern Yanbian/Mudanjiang was. He says he's been doing research into it, but he can't find anything more than the 6 Northeastern commanderies.

He would also like to know if you have any more maps of the region at the time.
A screenshot from the vid in question:

Screenshot_20211126-150321.png

Hey, question from @XFE here: he wants to know what the Korean panhandle into Manchuria near modern Yanbian/Mudanjiang was. He says he's been doing research into it, but he can't find anything more than the 6 Northeastern commanderies.

He would also like to know if you have any more maps of the region at the time.
A screenshot from the vid in question:

Screenshot_20211126-150321.png
I have read some sources that say the Warka tribe (of the Donghai Jurchens) was subject to Joseon until the 1627 war.

I drew the boundaries in that region from this map:
The_locations_of_Jurchen_tribes_in_1600s.jpg

The only source of Warka subjugation by Korea that is mentioned (that I've found) is from Wikipedia. Every other reference to the Warka and Joseon's relationship revolves around the Warka ukanju who crossed the border and lived inside Joseon frontier borders; which angered the Jianzhou.

The only source of Warka subjugation by Korea that is mentioned (that I've found) is from Wikipedia. Every other reference to the Warka and Joseon's relationship revolves around the Warka ukanju who crossed the border and lived inside Joseon frontier borders; which angered the Jianzhou.
That is presumably the reality, then.