Chinese provinces in 1949:

1583113825872.png

Will there be a legend?

BTW have you considered including Siberia because of the Russian civil war? I notice here the northern border looks quite reasonable

Also when you research this stuff do you update wiki too or how do you organise it?
It depends on what format I use

Probably

What do you mean?

I mean you must have an enormous list of sources and a detailed text timeline of events to refer too. Often when I google someone in your video they don't even have an english wikipedia page
Well, yes. I don't have a wikipedia account, although people have urged me to make one at times.

So you're telling me that Sichuan had de facto control over all of Tibet between 1910.2.25 and 1911.12.6?
Yes, Viceroy Zhao Erfeng sent troops to occupy it to forestall British or Russian annexation. In the chaos following the revolution against the Qing, Tibet regained de facto independence.

Well, yes. I don't have a wikipedia account, although people have urged me to make one at times.

You don't need an account to contribute but it would be nice if everyone could contribute to your detailed timeline. If you made a page like timeline of Chinese warlord influence with each time sourced other people could contribute and make it easier for you too

Also it would be awesome if you did an ethnic or linguistic map

I've been trying to find maps before 讀音統一會 before Mandarin was made number 1

There are some great modern maps but it doesn't show the Beijing dialect spreading

The Republic of China in 1917

View attachment 427571 View attachment 427570 View attachment 427569 View attachment 427568 View attachment 427567 View attachment 427566 View attachment 427565 View attachment 427564

1917, Unspecified Date:
Tibet invaded Xikang. Zhili clique assumed control in Jiangsu.

April:
Yue Clique broke away from the Gui Clique. Dian Clique lost control in Sichuan, but no central provincial government was formed.

June:
Fengtien Clique overthrew the governor of Heilongjiang.

July:
Zhang Xun declared the restoration of the Qing Dynasty in Beijing, but his army is defeated within the month.

August:
Zhili Clique seized Jiangxi. China declared war on Germany.

September:
Southern warlords and the Kuomintang cooperated to form the Constitutional Protection Army.

November:
Anhui Clique invaded Hunan but its defeat there led to a truce.

December:
Chengdu faction in Sichuan declares for Anhui Clique. Yu Clique declared for the Zhili Clique.

Why is Mongolia under the Republic? I thought they didn't invade until 1920:

"1919.10.? - Xu Shuzheng (a subordinate of Duan Qirui) leads 4,000 men of the Northwest Frontier Army into Outer Mongolia and captures Urga. 10,000 more troops then arrive as well. Mongolia’s government is now a puppet of the Chinese."

Why is Mongolia under the Republic? I thought they didn't invade until 1920:

"1919.10.? - Xu Shuzheng (a subordinate of Duan Qirui) leads 4,000 men of the Northwest Frontier Army into Outer Mongolia and captures Urga. 10,000 more troops then arrive as well. Mongolia’s government is now a puppet of the Chinese."
Mongolia accepted a status as an autonomous area of China before then, although I must have forgotten to add it to the notes.

Mongolia accepted a status as an autonomous area of China before then, although I must have forgotten to add it to the notes.

this?

The result was the Kyakhta Treaty of June 1915, which recognised Mongolia's autonomy within the Chinese state. Nevertheless, Outer Mongolia remained effectively outside Chinese control[18] and retained main features of the state according to international law of that time.[19]

The Mongolians viewed the treaty as a disaster because it denied the recognition of a truly independent, all-Mongolian state. China regarded the treaty in a similar fashion, consenting only because it was preoccupied with other international problems, especially Japan. The treaty did contain one significant feature which the Chinese were later to turn to their advantage; the right to appoint a high commissioner to Urga and deputy high commissioners to Uliastai, Khovd, and Kyakhta. This provided a senior political presence in Mongolia, which had been lacking.

Edit: I notice that the invasion isn't mentioned in your threadmarks at all and Japan doesn't own Liaodong Peninsula in any of the years that I looked at.

Last edited: