Kirov saga- opinions?

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by General Ripper, Aug 8, 2017.

1. General Ripper Well-Known Member

I have been reading Kirov saga, by John Schettler, and I wonder did anybody else here read it? Opinions?

2. General Ripper Well-Known Member

Nobody????

3. Art Well-Known Member

I've read the first 3 books and part of the 4th, they are good. The next trilogy seems to result in World War 3 in the Kirov battlecruiser TL.

4. General Ripper Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems so. Hard to find them trough...

5. General Ripper Well-Known Member

I saw that the author has made one mistake: Winston Churchill was First Lord of the Armiralty, not the First Sea Lord.

6. DER386 Member

There are about 30+ books in the series, most are Kindle versions from Amazon. The concept is good, but keeping the story going forever is questionable. It would be nice to reach a conclusion of the story arc sooner - I wonder if the number of books is really necessary or is the author just trying to keep the story alive (for profit?)

7. General Ripper Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably. But you have to give man a credit, at least for number of pages...

8. Mike999 Member

I have read it.Sometimes i do think it drags a little bit,but for the most part i have enjoyed reading it.I have been reading the books on kindle and just started reading Nexus Deep which is the 31st book in the series a couple of days ago.