Kingdom of Naples Retains Lazio

I saw in a historical map in a game that during a part of renassiance that Lazio was once a part of the Kingdom of Naples for a time, what will be the consequences of the Kingdom of Naples retaining Lazio?

I saw in a historical map in a game that during a part of renassiance that Lazio was once a part of the Kingdom of Naples for a time, what will be the consequences of the Kingdom of Naples retaining Lazio?

Uhh...what was the time period this map was set in? Are you sure it wasn't just marking the Papal States as under Neapolitan influence? I'm not sure that Naples could get away with taking the Papal States' core territory at any point before the era of Italian nationalism/unification without expecting to be kicked out again shortly.

Uhh...what was the time period this map was set in? Are you sure it wasn't just marking the Papal States as under Neapolitan influence? I'm not sure that Naples could get away with taking the Papal States' core territory at any point before the era of Italian nationalism/unification without expecting to be kicked out again shortly.
during 1400's.

Philip

Donor
My guess is this is around 1405 when Ladislas of Naples took Rome to support Pope Innocent VIII.

If you want Naples to remain in control, you need to eliminate Louis II of Anjou as a contender for Naples. Perhaps preventing the Council of Pisa from electing (anti-) Pope Alexander V would achieve this. For Naples to maintain long term control, you need to make the pope somehow depend on Naples. Not sure if this can be done. Perhaps extending the Western Schism with Naples the supporting the Roman claimant would help.

My guess is this is around 1405 when Ladislas of Naples took Rome to support Pope Innocent VIII.

If you want Naples to remain in control, you need to eliminate Louis II of Anjou as a contender for Naples. Perhaps preventing the Council of Pisa from electing (anti-) Pope Alexander V would achieve this. For Naples to maintain long term control, you need to make the pope somehow depend on Naples. Not sure if this can be done. Perhaps extending the Western Schism with Naples the supporting the Roman claimant would help.

Perhaps the name of the Kingdom of Naples would be the Papal Kingdom of Italy after the papal state meges with Naples.