Kentucky Fried Politics: A Colonel Sanders Timeline

Of all the historical timelines I've ever come across, this one is the most fascinating of all. For my TL, I wanted to have Colonel Sanders also become President as well as his son, Harly Sanders Jr., survive… but with my own take on it. Is it quite possible I might utilize just this fact alone for my TL (again, with my own take)? If no, then that's OK.
Sure, go ahead, just do a standard "inspired by" citation somewhere and it's all good 👍
Thanks for the compliments, y'all, I'm blushing here!

Last edited:

Deleted member 143718

I don't think gap80 would mind if it isn't plagiarized. I have a plan for a spinoff TL myself (that likely won't become canon)
Other spinoffs I would like to see is "Kentucky-Fried Video Games" and "Kentucky-Fried Sports" TL. However, predicting the world of sports and video games would require extensive knowledge of their OTL history, along with a knowledge of how TTL would affect the butterflies surrounding their existence.
I see. That's kinda what my "Timeline-93" universe is like… a change in sports and video games, among other things… and it's been in the works since mid-2020 and I still have a lot to learn… and still doing so.

AMERICAN BIRD SELLER DECEIVES WESTERN FOOLS!

…“Colonel” Harland Sanders, by trade a businessman (the epitome of capitalism), exploited the labor of his workers to become elected Head Oppressor of the United Slaves of America in November 1964. …Elderly and infirm (American propaganda fail to hide his cane from view), Sanders would make you think that he is a superior leader because he takes advantage of people regardless of skin color – because he forces people into modern slavery indiscriminately – but he is just as much an oppressor as his predecessor, Lyndon Johnson… As the Colonel seeks to undermine the will of our equality-loving comrades in Southeast Asia, our noble Soviet leaders stand in solidarity with Ho Chi Minh and the men and women of North Vietnam...

Pravda, Soviet newspaper, “opinion article,” 12/14/1965
Ah. Classic communist choices of words.

@gap80 Did Japan suffer as badly from the effects of the Lost Decade ITTL? IOTL they didn't just lose the 1990s, they lost the 2000s, the 2010s, and the 2020s, and relegated the whole "Japan takes over the world" trope to 1980s Hollywood. All that's hinted is that the Japanese avoided it for another 10 years (which means 10 more years of "Japanese megacorps take over the world" in near-future Hollywood). Was it just a very, very nasty recession, or was it as bad as OTL?

I just thought about these prominent state governors from OTL:

Greg Abbott (R-TX)
Ron DeSantis (R-FL)
Mike DeWine (R-OH)
Jay Inslee (D-WA)
Laura Kelly (D-KS)
Brian Kemp (R-GA)
Gavin Newsom (D-CA)
Jared Polis (D-CO)
Tim Walz (D-MN)
Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)
Glenn Youngkin (R-VA)

What are they all up to ITTL? Also, what about OTL Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia?

Last edited:
So, for this TL’s version of Encanto (I guess it would still have that same name ITTL?), the story’s different:

Abuela Alma tells the story of how 50 years ago, the poor Madrigal family – Alma, Hector, and their three infant children – lived in an isolated town that was one day suddenly besieged by soldiers during “a time of great bloodshed” (because the Colombian Civil War ended in the 2000s ITTL). The family members quickly found themselves trapped in their small, dilapidating farmhouse as it becomes surrounded by soldiers threatening to break in if they do not come out. The parents prayed for a miracle to survive. After the soldiers fired into the house, killing Hector off-screen, their prayer was answered in the form of the tiny house transforming into a large fortress that repels the soldiers, frightening them away from the Madrigal farm and from the town. The locals praised the Madrigals for their magic house, which, as it turns out, stays dry during the rainy season, cool during the hot and dry season, and can contain an orchard/vineyard/sunroom/greenhouse so the family and the town have produce all year round, so they never go hungry.

In the present, Alma explains that just being in the house or living in it for a long time, being a blood relative, or marrying into the family automatically leads to you developing whatever skills or talents you already have to superhuman levels/proportions. Luisa, Alma’s oldest granddaughter, developed an interest in bodybuilding when she was little, so when she voluntarily became a strong person, she developed superhuman strength. Alma’s grandson, Felix, loved to tinker with gadgets and so has developed many Rube-Goldberg-type inventions. Alma’s grandnephew likes animals and so is beginning to develop the ability to communicate with them. However, Alma’s youngest granddaughter, Mirabel, has not yet developed any skills. This lack of something that makes her “special” not everyone else in her family emphasizes the underlying notion that over the years, the family has lost sight of what gives the house its magic (their love for each other), resulting in the parents – not just the abuela – focusing more on what’s good for the house and for the town than for the individual family members.

Mirabel, ITTL, is loosely based on the Colombian story of Pastorcita, which basically is Colombia’s version of Little Bo Peep. Mirabel has no real place in the family as her sister is strong, her brother is great at building things, her other sister has a “green thumb” (maybe literally here?) and keeps the town well-fed and covered in beautiful flora, but Mirabel has never found that one thing she likes to do, so she’s an average jack of all trades and a superhuman master of none. Thus, she does any little task needed around the house.

One day, Mirabel is put in charge of bringing the sheep to graze in a nearby field (this would allow the story to have more than just one location, the house/village), but as she’s a bit of a scatterbrain during her song sequence, and she loses some of the sheep, who stray and enter the dark nearby jungles that everyone in town avoids, including the Madrigals. Mirabel follows the sheep, and in doing, accidently disturbs and awakens several mythical spirits and creatures based on Colombian folklore. Mirabel uses her average skills shown earlier in the film to evade them, get back the missing sheep, and flee back home, but the creatures follow her. Seeing the house is falling under attack, there’s an impressive fight scene with the house becoming bigger and developing more defenses (it digs itself a moat, fortifies the doors and windows, etc.) but because the family members are not well organized inside, the house shows signs of weakening just as the creatures are retreating. Noticing the weakening of the house, and by extension their superhuman abilities, the family members start bickering after the battle ends. Blaming each other for not doing enough to protect the house during the song sequence, though, only worsens the structural integrity of the house, causing it to shrink in size until it has returned to being a small farmhouse.

Without the giant house to protect them, the family is in disarray. Mirabel, believing she is to blame for everything, is despondent. However, realizing what has happened, Alma comforts Mirabel and convinces her that she has always put her family first, which is something Alma lost sight of at some point. The reconciliation (a bit longer here) sees the family members make amends with each other (in song form), apologizing for not supporting each other like a family should. As two of the sisters hug it out, the farmhouse gets slightly bigger. When the other siblings bury the hatchet, the house grows again.

The house regaining its magic is helpful as the Felix then notices the spirits and creatures from before have spotted the farmhouse and have decided to attack again. Now understanding the need to work together not to protect the house but each other, Mirabel jumps into action and coordinates and leads efforts to repel the creatures; the family is soon joined by the townspeople as well, who previously had fled as the house was shrinking. The strong sister’s punch now gives a much stronger blow than before; the geeky brother’s contraptions now work perfectly, etc. The creatures are repelled for good, and the house returns to being a lavish estate (and now with a much warmer interior design/style, symbolizing the more harmonious composition of the family).

In the end, Mirabel concludes that bringing people together is her gift, as her actions in helping her family and the townspeople repel the creatures mirrored the grandmother’s own action taken to defend her family all those years ago when the miracle first happened. Thus, Mirabel is like Abuela Alma, serving as an intermediary between the magical house, the family, and their friends in town, and so it is hinted that Mirabel will become the family matriarch someday, and has found her place in the family and in the town.

Thoughts, anyone?
Oh my god! An alternate KFP version of Encanto!?!? This is amazing! What an unexpected crossover!

Speaking of Disney, since Encanto has been mentioned, are there any equivalents to Amphibia, the Owl House, and the Ghost and Molly McGee ITTL? I say equivalents because two of the creators (Matt Braly and Dana Terrace) were born in 1988 and 1990 respectively, and that the concepts of the shows were developed during the 2010s, both of which are decades after the PoD in 1932, and still decades after the changes, butterflies, and divergences all begin to pick up in the 1950s and 1960s, so I’m not exactly expecting them to really still exist ITTL, but considering apparently ATL Gravity Falls exists here, if by a chance they all still do, then they would probably be very different and not the same as IOTL. I’d like to imagine, at the very least, Bill Farmer and Wendie Malick still end up involved in roles as voice actors somehow.

Recently I remembered this artist by the name of Andy Thomas, who's somewhat well known for paintings like these two. Not sure why, but I just get a kick out of trying imagine what they'd look like ITTL.
The-Democratic-Club.jpg
the-republican-club-30x45-final.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! I just had it first as a "cartoony" (by that I mean its still in the same art style, albiet in 3D) open world action-RPG from (a surviving and still going) Disney Interactive and Insomniac Games… and THEN the series came out based on the games themselves.
I agree. I was very unsure about it (not because it was a cartoon) but because I wasn't sure if the story would interest me. Turns out it did :)