KaNgwane annexed to Swaziland

According to Wikipedia, South Africa tried to have its bantustan KaNgwane, which was intended for the Swazi people, annexed by Swaziland (in line with the claims of Sobhuza II and the concept of eventually removing the African population from South Africa. I am told this from another source:
KaNgwane was created on 8 October 1977 as AmaSwazi, under the leadership of chief councillor Enos Mabuza. Its homeland status was suspended from June to December 1982, as South Africa tried to negotiate its incorporation into Swaziland. But popular protest frustrated the plan (the South African regime was always happy to listen to what its less privileged citizens had to say, you'll remember), and AmaSwazi was restored.
And this:
Swaziland has pressured Pretoria for the return of Swazi-occupied areas of South Africa since the 1960s. In 1982 Pretoria agreed, but that decision was reversed by the South African Supreme Court. KaNgwane was carved out of land adjacent to Swaziland during the 1960s and was declared a "self-governing" territory with a population of about 400,000 in 1984. KaNgwane's Chief Minister Enos Mabuza tried to build an agricultural and industrial economy in the small, segmented territory, and he became the first homeland leader to grant full trade union rights to workers in his jurisdiction. Mabuza also led the fight against the incorporation of KaNgwane into Swaziland. During the late 1980s, he clashed with Pretoria by expressing strong support for the ANC, although many KaNgwane residents remained uninvolved in South African politics.

I thought that since Mabuza was the main factor preventing the Swazi annexation of KaNgwane, if a more "predictable" (A pro-ANC and union leader is probably not what Pretoria wanted) leader had been appointed, could KaNgwane been annexed? And if it had, the following questions arise:

• How does this affect the Anti-apartheid movement, and the state of South African domestic policy?
  • Does the National Front government now move to have Lethoso annex QwaQwa and prehaps even Lebowa (both meant for the Sotho people, who are the inhabitants of Lethoso)?
  • Is Swaziland's annexation reconginised by the international community? Are they sanctioned or isolated by other nations (particularly African nations) for violating the cordon sanitare?
  • If the above is true, would Swaziland fall deeper in South Africa's sphere of influence, if not to the extremity of being considered a fifth "independent" bantustan?
  • When and if apartheid collapses (more likely than not), is pressure applied to Swaziland to return the territories annexed in 1982? (And it is ultimately returned?)
If no:

• How are Swazi-South African relations affected?
  • How does this affrect Swaziland's development? Perhaps China invests in a small port, now that Swaziland is not landlocked?
A lot of questions, I know, but I had to ask this when I found out about the prospect of annexation (which I had not known before). What caused me to is a rather odd story anyways...