Kaiserreich mod for Darkest Hour

Do you mean 1.04? Steam has a beta version of it available.

Unless you mean KR 1.4 in which case, I have no idea.
Yes, 1.04, sorry about that. I don't have Darkest Hour via Steam, so I wouldn't know - shouldn't have been so categorical in my statement, I guess.

I'm not usually a fan of these types of games, but watching Kaiserreich be discussed on this forum so much has finally broken through my stubbornness. I've downloaded the game and the mod, and have been looking around at the tutorials. We'll see if I'm a convert!

I'm not usually a fan of these types of games, but watching Kaiserreich be discussed on this forum so much has finally broken through my stubbornness. I've downloaded the game and the mod, and have been looking around at the tutorials. We'll see if I'm a convert!

Good luck. Which country will you take the reins of?

Good luck. Which country will you take the reins of?

Haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still trying to make heads and tails of the tutorials. I don't have much experience with this game genre, so I'm in for a steep learning curve. :p

Do you have any recommendations for beginner-friendly countries to play as?

Haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still trying to make heads and tails of the tutorials. I don't have much experience with this game genre, so I'm in for a steep learning curve. :p

Any of the Latin American countries. I played one of my best early games as the Dominican Republic - and after all, we know that Nothing Ever Happens in South America :rolleyes: (note: this isn't true in Kaiserreich, only in the regular game)

Canada, isolated but powerful. A fairly quiet area to learn the ropes. Just keep an eye on the Americans (Bloody Syndies.) Also, read some AARs on the Paradox forums. It's a good way to get yourself used to what you'll be facing.

Russia is great all round for beginners because there's so many paths one can take with it, and it also makes players consider all aspects of what actions and decisions they take (diplomatic, economic, military, etc.). The Civil War, if it does break out, is also good at teaching you about the warfare aspect, if only since the Soviets are not too overly powerful and can be defeated easily enough with the right strategy.

Played a bit with different countries. It seems that Australasia has a ton more political intricacies, Japan is more unstable politically, South Africa is under the NP and has done away with its Entente connections more than before, Canada has new events specific to the Royal Family (including Edward's marriage to an Orleans princess) and Russia's authoritarian leaders have been reworked -Kornilov replaces Wrangel, who in turn replaces Denikin.

You know, mustache-twirling Nazi Wrangel was fun, but if in its place we get mustache-twirling Nazi Kornilov that's fine.

Looking over things three things stand out to me - Australasia's new markets economic path isn't in yet, going negotiations in Niigata seems a terrible idea since the event that actually removes the revoltrisk is commented out, and between the various Dominions/potential Dominions it is inconsistent if figurehead king or local governor-general is freer/more democratic (Delhi and Ireland says yes to local governor-general, Australasia and the SAF says yes to figurehead king).

Played a bit with different countries. It seems that Australasia has a ton more political intricacies, Japan is more unstable politically, South Africa is under the NP and has done away with its Entente connections more than before, Canada has new events specific to the Royal Family (including Edward's marriage to an Orleans princess) and Russia's authoritarian leaders have been reworked -Kornilov replaces Wrangel, who in turn replaces Denikin.

You know, mustache-twirling Nazi Wrangel was fun, but if in its place we get mustache-twirling Nazi Kornilov that's fine.
Woohoo! No more character assassination of your boy Wrangel! Yeah!

It was very strange changing Wrangel's role in the mod. We'd all agreed on it and it was the right course of action, but it still felt... I dunno, sad?

It was very strange changing Wrangel's role in the mod. We'd all agreed on it and it was the right course of action, but it still felt... I dunno, sad?
I'm trying to recall, doesn't Wrangel's prior role stretch all the way back to All the Russias? Changing something that has been in a mod since before the mod actually existed would definitely be something that could give a heavy feeling.

I prefer someone other than Wrangel to lead the fascist stand ins however the events for Savinkov are way too blatant imo

I mean we get literal parallels to the creation of the office of the Furher, the enabling act and even, in an event really pushing paradox censors, creating effing death camps in Siberia. And that's not mentioning the flag is a Slavic version of the Nazi Swastika. Honestly this is like copy paste instead of something original.

I'm trying to recall, doesn't Wrangel's prior role stretch all the way back to All the Russias? Changing something that has been in a mod since before the mod actually existed would definitely be something that could give a heavy feeling.

Yeah, it dates back to ATR and Sarmatia's first modding in HoI2. Kinda strange to change it ten year later o_0

In other news, the Ottomans are getting a complete do-over. Personally, I think their new content will make them one of the most fun nations to play in KR.