Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

One thing I've noticed about the civil war that this update doesn't seem to fix is that a lot of the time the borders are on exact state borders. I imagine, especially in a scenario where the Feds abandon territory, the borders would be a lot more chaotic and fluctuating, not the perfect straight lines and set areas of state borders . It's odd, because the problem does seem to be fixed in New York and a bit of West Virginia, but no where else really.

One thing I've noticed about the civil war that this update doesn't seem to fix is that a lot of the time the borders are on exact state borders. I imagine, especially in a scenario where the Feds abandon territory, the borders would be a lot more chaotic and fluctuating, not the perfect straight lines and set areas of state borders . It's odd, because the problem does seem to be fixed in New York and a bit of West Virginia, but no where else really.
I think this is mostly an engine limitation due to the way that scopes work in relation to events, which means that the clean-cut state lines is probably the best arrangement in regards to overall functionality and overhead.

That said, some of these changes seem rather interesting. I gave the Kaiser-Redux mod (a spin off of KR with more memes, but also some serious tweaks) that has this general arrangement in regards to the fronts going on, and it does make for some serious changes in how the war front is actually waged in the Americas. The difference there is that Redux has more factions in play, so it doesn't translate directly. These new tweaks to the ACW seem to imply that there's probably some adjustments to Canada's interaction with the conflict (particularly in regards to New England) that is probably determined based on what's actually going on in the war, but I'm not necessarily sure of the immediate consequences of the choices. I can imagine that bunkering down in the north east as the US is probably an extremely defensible position, but it does seem to invite some resource problems.

Generally speaking I'd probably go for the Midwest plan, as I've used something vaguely similar as the AUS in a recent multiplayer game. Rather than go north to fight the CSA, I did a precise attack to stop the US from pulling the troops out of the pocket and used them as my meatshield to keep the CSA at bay, then threw absolutely everything I had at the Pacific States. I used the tactic I used to get the 30 Minutes of Hel achievement (create a deliberate weakness in the line to allow the enemy to break through with their fast movers in a controlled way, allowing the entire spearhead to be cut off and destroyed) to eliminate most of the main units of the Pacific States, swept to the coast and had them out very quick, then shifted the frontlines to the Midwest once the immediate situation was secure and I had resources available. The Austro-Hungarian player helped me out a bit here by giving me some lendlease I had to pay them back for later when they knifed Germany in the back at the same time I did the Entente when they thought we were going to bail them out from the International.

Every Man a King indeed :D

I'm taking a rest from playing as Nationalist China for a while as I think I'm going to need help with formulating a plan of defence against the Japanese from more experienced players, so instead I'm doing Romania for the first time on vanilla, going down the democratic focus tree. [Romania will stand with the allies! Neither death nor dishonour!]

As a matter of curiosity, in the Darkest Hour version of Kaiserreich, does the Romanian Civil War event fire up? I mentioned on this thread I am having trouble installing the latest version of KR for Darkest Hour so am using an out of date version of the mod currently.

So, the strongest monarchy you can get on the Ottoman Empire is a autdem one if you keep the kemalists in power and keep the King veto powers

Every time I tried to get a absolute monarchy with the conservatives I got couped by the army, thus it seems impossible

Deleted member 82792

rbjnznwls6c61.png

Italic Peninsula in 2000 : Kaiserreich (reddit.com)

Ironically the new Mac Daddy decision mechanic makes it hilariously easy to win the 2ACW as the Reds. I had him beat by May and the war was won by Christmas '37, even with the Canucks intervening just in time for me to julienne them, grab some clay, and then prep for round 2 once I'd done some rebuilding. Took 'em entirely the second time because fuck the Canucks.

Meanwhile the 2WK started over Wallonia around the time I won the 2ACW as every single one of Germany's puppets that can turn on them did so. Sadly this led to syndie Belarus and Ukraine being eaten by the Vozhd.

Ironically the new Mac Daddy decision mechanic makes it hilariously easy to win the 2ACW as the Reds. I had him beat by May and the war was won by Christmas '37, even with the Canucks intervening just in time for me to julienne them, grab some clay, and then prep for round 2 once I'd done some rebuilding. Took 'em entirely the second time because fuck the Canucks.

Meanwhile the 2WK started over Wallonia around the time I won the 2ACW as every single one of Germany's puppets that can turn on them did so. Sadly this led to syndie Belarus and Ukraine being eaten by the Vozhd.
I had a recent gameplay as Mongolia and got crushed by the Ma's, oh boy...

Did you ever tried Mongolia, Worffan? It is very cool.

I had a recent gameplay as Mongolia and got crushed by the Ma's, oh boy...

Did you ever tried Mongolia, Worffan? It is very cool.
Haven't since the rework. I've tried L-KMT and Governor Chen. Governor Chen is, perhaps understandably, much easier than L-KMT. Helps to have a coherent ideology!

Haven't since the rework. I've tried L-KMT and Governor Chen. Governor Chen is, perhaps understandably, much easier than L-KMT. Helps to have a coherent ideology!

The Chinese trees have been reworked, it is interesting to play as the Manchu wing now on a way that was not before as the effects have been reworked.

Did you play once as totalist China? I don't know if I should try it or not...

The Chinese trees have been reworked, it is interesting to play as the Manchu wing now on a way that was not before as the effects have been reworked.

Did you play once as totalist China? I don't know if I should try it or not...
No. I have a really hard time playing bad guys.

I feel like this mod is less and less fun as time goes on.
I find myself spending give to ten minutes moving through the nation's on the starting screen without finding anywhere to play.

That being said this is just normal, we have played it for years now. I gonna play red flood a lot and then I return to KR.