Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

You need to lose the support of the Conservatives in the Parliament and that will cause Sabahattin's government to fall which will put Arlsan as Vizier of a Conservative Government.
Now that I noticed how evil they are, I want to know if you have any guide to help me to prevent them from defeating the liberals...

Vince

Monthly Donor
Now that I noticed how evil they are, I want to know if you have any guide to help me to prevent them from defeating the liberals...

Pick and choose your battles, don't go down the list you can wait to pass stuff and focus on other options. You can also go into provinces and spend pp to get Conservatives to join the coalition.

Honestly, I think the tree needs to be buffed. It's a fun concept but I don't think the benefits are worth it. Keeping the OHF in power seems better to me.

A disclaimer: This is not modern politics, nor it is historical politics, this is me giving my opinion about a figure and why I found a certain Ottoman route in KR blessed.

There are two kinds of person who wants to develop a nation on my understanding, the first is the one that see it's historical structure and wants to improve it, and the other who despises it's structure and wants it to be similar to a certain Y country. On Brazil for example, one of the main motivations for the 1964-85 dictatorship was to americanize Brazil, there was even the "MEC-USAAID" accords that made the US dispatch education inspectors to write our history books, and the brazilian right has been completely americanized, being commonly refereed as the "Miami right". And it is on this group I see Ataturk.

Ataturk succesfully, terminantely, absolutely westernized Turkey to such a state that he switched it from a middle eastern country into a european one, he went as agressive on his reforms that he banned the centuries old Fez hat and forced people to wear fedoras, there was even this propaganda poster that I failed to find that showed people throwing Fez out and putting fedoras.

Go1b2Jb.png

Thus I went for another route, what I really support, the conservative modernization under the social liberal party as Bismarck did in Prussia, and the result is beautifull, it is splendid:

unknown.png

A islamic democracy, a federal empire, recognizing all people's and giving them participation on the parliament. The state is reborn, it's old structures are here, the sultan is still acting, the turks still wear Fez and have their family structures, but their wifes can vote, join parties, the minorities have been compensated for the armenian genocide, there is not a new beginning, but a new spirit for the old Empire, and a structure to last for the following ages respecting what has been built on the past, and I love it!

May the spirit of 1299 remain alive and well through the 1940s, 50s and on.

Last edited:
What do German uniforms in 1937 look like?
Probably something close to OTL. Towards the end of World War I, german uniforms were ressembling more and more what they would look like in World War II.

Their would probably be less Svatiskas though (for obvious reasons) and i magine the prussian pointed helmet might stick around (no pun intended) in parade uniforms.

What would Berlin be like in 1937?
Richer than OTL 1937 Berlin, and way more liberal, just not as liberal as 1920s Berlin.

Berlin became a very liberal city after the german defeat, then after the nazis took power in 33 they reversed the process. On this timeline the city would remain as a cosmopolitan capital, but with the prussian values still entrenched preventing it going as far as OTL, while the german victory would prevent the economy from being ruined and allow it to prosper.

Deleted member 82792

Richer than OTL 1937 Berlin, and way more liberal, just not as liberal as 1920s Berlin.

Berlin became a very liberal city after the german defeat, then after the nazis took power in 33 they reversed the process. On this timeline the city would remain as a cosmopolitan capital, but with the prussian values still entrenched preventing it going as far as OTL, while the german victory would prevent the economy from being ruined and allow it to prosper.
Would there be any skyscrapers or is that an American thing?

I think the wiki page of Berlin could use a little TLC

Deleted member 94680

Herr @Stenz , assuming Germany wins the great war, could some skyscreapers be built in Berlin or no?

(this is a late war total victory, no US intervention, so the german economy is booming on the 1920s
I would say no, at least in the first few decades post war. Wilhelmine architecture was very much a thing and I don’t believe there is room (pun intended) for skyscrapers in Berlin. If anything, rebuilding parts of Berlin would probably see more Rings built, rather than a new “foreign” style of building imported.

There is more chance that new, conquered cities are rebuilt in the image of Berlin than Berlin be remade in the image of new world, decadent, gangster-ridden New York.