Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

I actually like Huey as a tragic villain allying with those scumbags out of convenience, and his America being markedly less shitty than theirs. (Yes, he's corrupt and a bit of a tyrant, but that's miles better than Moseley/Ford and Pelley)

I think this idea could be accomplished to an extent, like a path where Long trusts Gerald L K Smith and/or Charles Coughlin to much during the war and ends up regretting it afterwards. But having the Business Plot and KKK filling that roles is just too big of a leap for me, at least with how insistent the devs have been with making Kaiserreich “realistic”.

CMV : Huey should be SocDem and the business-friendly aspects of the AUS should instead become part of the Federalists. Maybe Pelley can stay as part of the AUS, given that he does implement some economic populism (for White Protestants only, of course).

Also, the AUS and CSA should start off in a coalition together.

I’ve always liked the idea of the Buisness Plot being a federalist path. I mean a military junta and corporate kleptocrats? Practically made for each other. As for Huey’s ideology, his ruling style is enough to make him an autdem even if his day to day policies are socdem. That said, the Kaiserreich ideology system is wonky so it ends up lumping Huey in with the likes of Petain and Wrangel, so I can see why some may see SocDem as better.

A while back on this thread, when we were speculating on a “even more realistic version of KR”, I pitched the idea of Floyd Olson leading a SPA-AFP coalition called the “populists” against MacArthur’s “nationalists” in a spanish civil war esque two way setup. In my view the coalition would break down after Olson’s death if the war goes on for long enough, as Huey was still a capitalist and anti-communist OTL. In the Home of the Brave, if Huey swings hard left and the CSA is moderate the two sides can actually sign a ceasefire and unite peacefully.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

I actually like Huey as a tragic villain allying with those scumbags out of convenience, and his America being markedly less shitty than theirs. (Yes, he's corrupt and a bit of a tyrant, but that's miles better than Moseley/Ford and Pelley)
I feel the same

the business-friendly aspects of the AUS should instead become part of the Federalists
This is actually a really interesting idea. This could also make a Caesar!MacArthur victory more interesting, as MacArthur definitely seems like the guy who would just sell out the American economy to the corporate interests that stayed loyal to him.

A while back on this thread, when we were speculating on a “even more realistic version of KR”, I pitched the idea of Floyd Olson leading a SPA-AFP coalition called the “populists” against MacArthur’s “nationalists” in a spanish civil war esque two way setup. In my view the coalition would break down after Olson’s death if the war goes on for long enough, as Huey was still a capitalist and anti-communist OTL.
Sounds like a really cool idea.

After looking at the event files I am happy to report that despite Cordreanu being somewhat toned down or defanged(irl apparently he wanted deindustrialization and neo-fedualism), he is NOT whitewashed in any capacity despite some worries.

The mod makes it clear what a fascist scumbag he and his movement are. After coming to power, they use brutality to intimidate people into voting for him, and they coordinate violent mob violence on political opponents, Jews, as well as cause synogague burnings. The LAM are very petty as well, trying to dig up details on the king's mistress(particularly relating to her Jewish ancestry) to discredit the king as weak and remove him. Oh, he also implements measures to make sure only Romanians get higher education.

Last edited:
After looking at the event files I am happy to report that despite Cordreanu being somewhat toned down or defanged(irl apparently he wanted deindustrialization and neo-fedualism), he is NOT whitewashed in any capacity despite some worries.

The mod makes it clear what a fascist scumbag he and his movement are. After coming to power, they use brutality to intimidate people into voting for him, and they coordinate violent mob violence on political opponents, Jews, as well as cause synogague burnings. The LAM are very petty as well, trying to dig up details on the king's mistress(particularly relating to her Jewish ancestry) to discredit the king as weak and remove him. Oh, he also implements measures to make sure only Romanians get higher education.

I rememer reading that the SS was scared by the iron guard, to the point that they agreed that it was a good idea to keep Antonescu fascistic junta in power to prevent the Iron guard from taking over. Hell, they drank human blood on their cerimonies.

My Transamur save on KR was broken by the new version, A King and His Captain, and I had to start again. Any word on when the India rework will be ready yet and will Alash and Turkestan ever get their own unique focus trees?

What's a good Strategy for Playing as Jabel Shammar? Is war against Najd inevitable, or can you wait a few turns first before beating them to bloody pulps?

As Transamur I used up all my recruitable manpower to deploy two new warships, so I'm going down the closer relations with Japan focus tree because a) I don't think I've got a choice and b) conquering Russia will be impossible without a strong ally.

What other nations can join the Co-Prosperity Sphere?

Siam, SocDem Indochina, AuthDem and I guess SocCon Insulindia, the Princely Federation, PSA (if Japan is democratic), Hawaii, the Philippines, Burma (?), MarLib Fengtian China, and I'm not sure how Russia and Transamur are these days.

Guys, I found a guide for you to use to explain to your friend who is just beginning to play kaiserreich what Totalism is.

116341678_160213008936777_5518594642082568626_o.png