Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

So, I discovered something that is a very old Hearts of Iron trivia, since it's not kaiserreich related, I gonna put on a spoiler.

If you played hearts of iron 2, arsenal of democracy or darkest hour, a hearts of iron game, and you liberated the CSA after invading the USA, you got this government:
ScreenSave105.jpg

The man on the left was supossed to be Earl Long, the brother of Huey Long.

However, this is Earl Long:
BC0EE163C8CF9F0A757EBC4960097E3E7AC0DDAF

And this is his theme song, 'cause every poppie needs one:

As you can see, he is not the man on the photo. I didn't knew Earl Long nor Huey Long at the time, so I didn't cared. Time went on and then Kaiserreich was released for Darkest Hour, and with it came Huey. After it was released for HoI IV I saw earl, and remembered of that goofy strange Earl Long, who was he? Was another person with the same name? Why he looks so different?
(this without even counting the fact that Earl Long like Huey was not a dixiecrat, they should have used Strom Thurmond or other uberracist for the CSA).

I began to research, and then found this gallery, from the glorious year of 2004 when I still had hope on the future, but here the interesting thing: There is this theater play there called "Earl Long in purgatory", where we can find Huey Long most well known impersonator, John “Sput” McConnell, and we can deduce that since he have been Long in TV shows and movies, he knows Earl, and that is why he was decided to play Earl Long on this play. The play came in 2004, hearts of iron 4 began development in 2004 and was released in january 2005, so with this I can connect the ideas:

The paradox team developing hearts of iron 2 was finding random politicians to put on the game, you even had a real life polemic since they used a minor WWII general as a fascist politician, triggering his still alive son to create a account on their forum to complain about it. The KR team found Huey, but he was dead and so they decided to use his brother. All pictures of Earl Long you can find on google images today are poor, so I presume they found terrible pics that couldn't be edited back in 2004, but at the same time the Columbia Theater finished airing the "Earl Long in Purgatory" theater play, so the team found the picture of John McConnell and tough he was Long, and so they used it:

SLU_CTPA04_Long1.jpg

And so our fat Earl Long was created. After HoI2 ministers were ported to Arsenal of democracy, and then ported again for Darkest hour, they kept using the same anachronistical photo.

Last edited:
So, I discovered something that is a very old Hearts of Iron trivia, since it's not kaiserreich related, I gonna put on a spoiler.

If you played hearts of iron 2, arsenal of democracy or darkest hour, a hearts of iron game, and you liberated the CSA after invading the USA, you got this government:
ScreenSave105.jpg

The man on the left was supossed to be Earl Long, the brother of Huey Long.

However, this is Earl Long:
BC0EE163C8CF9F0A757EBC4960097E3E7AC0DDAF

And this is his theme song, 'cause every poppie needs one:

As you can see, he is not the man on the photo. I didn't knew Earl Long nor Huey Long at the time, so I didn't cared. Time went on and then Kaiserreich was released for Darkest Hour, and with it came Huey. After it was released for HoI IV I saw earl, and remembered of that goofy strange Earl Long, who was he? Was another person with the same name? Why he looks so different?
(this without even counting the fact that Earl Long like Huey was not a dixiecrat, they should have used Strom Thurmond or other uberracist for the CSA).

I began to research, and then found this gallery, from the glorious year of 2004 when I still had hope on the future, but here the interesting thing: There is this theater play there called "Earl Long in purgatory", where we can find Huey Long most well known impersonator, John “Sput” McConnell, and we can deduce that since he have been Long in TV shows and movies, he knows Earl, and that is why he was decided to play Earl Long on this play. The play came in 2004, hearts of iron 4 began development in 2004 and was released in january 2005, so with this I can connect the ideas:

The paradox team developing hearts of iron 2 was finding random politicians to put on the game, you even had a real life polemic since they used a minor WWII general as a fascist politician, triggering his still alive son to create a account on their forum to complain about it. The KR team found Huey, but he was dead and so they decided to use his brother. All pictures of Earl Long you can find on google image today are poor, so I presume they found terrible pics that couldn't be edited back in 2004, but at the same time the Columbia Theater finished airing the "Earl Long in Purgatory" theater play, so the team found the picture of John McConnell and tough he was Long, and so they used it:

SLU_CTPA04_Long1.jpg

And so our fat Earl Long was created. After HoI2 ministers were ported to Arsenal of democracy, and then ported again for Darkest hour, they kept using the same anachronistical photo.

"And introducing Gukpard, current head detective of all things Hearts of Iron related"

Deleted member 82792

What ever happened to the homes of British nobles after the 1925 revolution?

What ever happened to the homes of British nobles after the 1925 revolution?

One of the focuses after the reclamation is about gettimg them back, as they were seized by the government and distributed to people (alltough I'm skeptical it was the people who received them, I believe it went to party members).

Then you can leave them, you can get them back and pay compensation, or you can seize them back.

So, I don't quite know what to post so I'm posting some of the content of "the world set free" submod, I hope you like it

It gonna be under spoilers for convenience sake

The AUS has been moved to the center, and thus apart from the evangelical radicals, the other groups (I am looking at you George Moseley and Lindberg) are under a faction called "Constitutional American Republic", as such the AUS can now make a detente with the Internationale
i2fp2leps9w41.png

The AUS army doctrines are under different officers, however I don't know any one of them
onqg9qbrz3u41.png

Assuming you go for the christian radicals, however, you can adopt Gerald K Smith who has no military insight whatsoever to make your army, and it is like what you would expect from a 2000s game showing the soviet army
1y69jd6s95v41.png

Here the map
tyf8bnraiyi41.png

The black revolt only spawn if you go too harsh with the Constitutional american republic

cabbrk9orop41.png

Some leaders of the constitutional american republic, William "Alfalfa Bill" Murray, Charles Lindbergh, General George Patton and William Bell Riley

from what I can understand, the CAR is the new AUS, as the AUS is the "evil" faction on normal kaiserreich but got one less evil path being Huey, now the AUS is a "good" path with the CAR being the "evil" faction with one less cursed path, that path would be Lindberg
z2ii9yc9ndt31.png

Now, you might be wondering "If this is the less cursed path, what is the most cursed one?"

Alfafa Murray is basically a integralist on the sense that he believes that "until point x of history everything was going all right, then from this point on everything collapsed", he wants to turn the entire USA into the pre civil war south with added antisemitism, the only thing he lacks is the slavery, but he probably comes close to that
dqiwfto05ta41.png

The second most cursed path is the christian fundamentalist one, under someone called Armstrong , I really would like to paste his wikipedia here but I have no idea who he is
5xg2h973fky31.png

The third is the new KKK, you have a path with the old KKK also. The New KKK path is the closest you have to Pelley in normal Kaiserreich.
lsi3lf53pyl41.png

Different from the AUS, the CAR is way more belligerant and can take more foreign policy paths, from going full "AMERICA FREEDUM!" to a pro british policy, or a pro german, or just close like the AUS usually do
or1de7wknbr41.png

As Home of the Brave's release comes closer and I need a way to express my hype and inspired by Gukpard's post above, I decided to take a deeper look at each of the different factions with some of my own opinions on them, starting with the AUS. Spoiler tag to prevent spamming, feel free to ignore if you're not interested.

The AUS in general, in my opinion, is a weak point of base Kaiserreich realism wise. It has Huey "every time this administration has gone to the left I've voted for it" Long allying with large corporations and every type of racist imaginable regardless of it making much sense. HotB's AUS, while it has a notable issue I'll get to, is miles ahead of base KR IMO.

vq8104cxmkx31.png

First, you have Huey's tree. Depending on which mutually exclusive focuses are taken, he can end up being SocDem, SocLib, SocCon, AutDem, or PatAut. I'm especially fond of the right side of it, which fully explores Share Our Wealth and what a Long presidency would look like policy-wise. As for the left side, I doubt Huey would go full "Reconcile the Right" (I am admittedly biased here, see my signature) instead of "AFP alone" or "Reconcile the Left". Still looks to be an amazing tree, and Huey is gonna be my first playthrough.

r/krtheworldsetfree - AUS National Progressive Party (Social Liberal)

Next is the National Progressive Party. It's SocLib but has been described as a mix between SocLib and SocDem by the dev, and looking at the tree it seems more SocDem tbh. It essentially represents the progressive elements that cooperate with Huey in the civil war but make their own party following it. They're led by Robert La Follete Jr, son of famed Wisconsin progressive Robert La Follete Sr, and is overall typical SocLib-SocDem stuff.

r/krtheworldsetfree - Pelley's Christian Party path

Then we have Pelley's tree, where Pelley can be elected following the Civil War. This is one of the few aspects of HoTB that I'm unsure about. Pelley is SocCon, and a remarkable departure compared to his base game tree. While I do think Pelley's base-game tree is mostly a generic "evil Christian theocracy" that just smacks a guy known for his fascist sympathies on top of it, and IMO Pelley was less of a full on nazi and more of a weird christian-cultural nationalist, he was still a nut and HoTB's version may be going too far the other way. At the same time, HoTB is remarkably well researched so I heavily doubt it's an instance of trying to be different/edgy for the sake of being different/edgy. They also had advice from someone who had researched Pelley previously. The explanation for his different portrayal is: "Pelley was basically a 1930's Radical Boomer Christian Democrat with (at worst) some Strasserist and Esoteric characteristics, he was a bigot who likely had some mental issues but he was not on the Klan or Ford's level". The devs have confirmed that that in-universe Pelley is still bigoted, there will be events dealing with Pelley's esoteric/bigoted views, and that his party has AutDem/PatAut factions he can pander to, and the devs straight up seem to be invested in making a great submod, so I have hope that it's an overall well-made path.

Post image
r/krtheworldsetfree - AUS Foreign Policy Tree

Then there's the military and diplomatic trees, but Gukpard already commented on them.

The devs have also said that a Coughlin/Smith PatAut path and an "Alfred Bingham" (no idea who that is TBH) RadSoc path will be added post-release.

I had fun making this, I'll probably make a BBR overview next.

Last edited:
The Black Belt Republic is arguably the most exciting path of the entire submod, and the one people are certainly most hyped for; especially since it goes over a underrepresented area of the civil war. There's many, many cool paths.