Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

The thing about TNO is that it comes from a premise that we've seen before, and as meticulously researched and designed as it is, so much of it is just so grimdark.

I am hyped for it, but the hype is dying as time moves on due the massive amount of mechanics, I for example will eventually try Bormann Germany, but I think i will be overloaded with so many sliders and decisions.

Deleted member 107125

I find the fact that this PR makes no mention of Codreanu's anti-semitism rather worrying.
I think most of us know that he was anti-Semitic.
I have my criticisms of the mod, but I don’t the KR devs would go so low as to glorify Codreanu. Hell, even the Brazilian Integralists, who are mostly whitewashed by the mod, are shown as the anti-Semitic opportunists they were.

I think most of us know that he was anti-Semitic.
I have my criticisms of the mod, but I don’t the KR devs would go so low as to glorify Codreanu. Hell, even the Brazilian Integralists, who are mostly whitewashed by the mod, are shown as the anti-Semitic opportunists they were.

National France still has an event where you decide to fire all the anti-Semites in the government or not.

I find the fact that this PR makes no mention of Codreanu's anti-semitism rather worrying.

Eh it's still in the events themselves, with various events mentioning the Iron Guard blaming Jews for everything, and if Cordreanu suceeds it's clear in his focus tree that he wants to build "factories" that are essentially concentration camps. You can fill in the blanks here.

Eh it's still in the events themselves, with various events mentioning the Iron Guard blaming Jews for everything, and if Cordreanu suceeds it's clear in his focus tree that he wants to build "factories" that are essentially concentration camps. You can fill in the blanks here.
It’s kind of odd how the devs just relegate the anti-semitism to some events and a couple focuses, since that was one of the main nutty things about the Iron Guard, aside from their plan to deurbanize all of Romania and get rid of any and all industry that wasn’t needed for the military.

It’s kind of odd how the devs just relegate the anti-semitism to some events and a couple focuses, since that was one of the main nutty things about the Iron Guard, aside from their plan to deurbanize all of Romania and get rid of any and all industry that wasn’t needed for the military.

Also to ban jewelry and use human blood on their rituals, they made the nazis look at them and think they were insane.

The extreme de-industrialization dosen't really translate well into a gameplay since that sort of nation would be quickly curbstomped.

And Kaiserreich isn't TNO-style narrative mod which is focused on exploring consequences and "realistic" consequences of insane actions.

It's more accepted for a narrative mod that explores realisitc consequences of fucked up policies like TNO but not so much for gameplay oriented mods. There's a reason CBTS gets shit on constantly even by people who are anti-Wehraboo.

Did you miss the part where I said "Guominjun First Army"? They had three of those. The entire thing had like 400k troops, the First Army was the part in Inner Mongolia. The First Army would have no plausible reason to send half its forces to Henan and Shaanxi. Sternberg would still have like 10k troops at most vs. an extremely generous 25k Guominjun. Outer Mongolia had like 800k population, there's no way it could field many tens of thousands of troops.

I actually did miss that. I assumed you were talking about the Guominjun as a whole, because my understanding of their strength mainly comes from War and Geopolitics in Interwar Manchuria, where Kwong estimates the Guominjun's total force at around 105k in 1927. Most other estimates I've seen deal more with divisions and brigades (or even "independent brigades"), which of course vary massively in size and composition in the warlord period, making them a little unhelpful. Could you show me where you're getting your numbers from?

I don't work on Romania, but I do want to note that we try to tread carefully around topics like that because there's a very fine line between highlighting horrific tragedy and creating a path actual neo-nazis and other types will celebrate.

Last edited:
I don't work on Romania, but I do want to note that we try to tread carefully around topics like that because there's a very fine line between highlighting horrific tragedy and creating a path actual neo-nazis and other types will celebrate.

This. I was in the Red World discord Community and at one point that community was infested with Neo-Nazis(including a Golden Dawn member and a Catholic Nazi), and the far right people there celebrated Thresea Brasier being portrayed as a genocidal mainiac and jacked off to how "based" and "woke" it was. Likewise Kaiserredux has some really, really fucked up mass murder routes involving far right figures but many of it's devs have these opinions.

This is why people(particuarly on the left leaning or anti chud or really really sjw) should be careful about what they wish for whenever they demand that wartime atrocities be shown. Like Wolfenstein and CODWWII featured the holocaust and both portrayals are seen as very offensive and trivializing. I highly doubt the holocaust will be treated with respect by Paradox if it features in contrast to say, a mod created by people that seek to treat these atrocities with respect like TWR or TNO.

Note: I'm a leftist who's anti-chud myself, but I feel grand strategy isn't the best place to showcase this in a "dignified" light that does not simply turn into a Stellaris style genocide button outside of mods.

Last edited:
This. I was in the Red World discord Community and at one point that community was infested with Neo-Nazis(including a Golden Dawn member and a Catholic Nazi), and the far right people there celebrated Thresea Brasier being portrayed as a genocidal mainiac and jacked off to how "based" and "woke" it was. Likewise Kaiserredux has some really, really fucked up mass murder routes involving far right figures but many of it's devs .

This is why people(particuarly on the left leaning or anti chud or really really sjw) should be careful about what they wish for whenever they demand that wartime atrocities be shown. Like Wolfenstein and CODWWII featured the holocaust and both portrayals are seen as very offensive and trivializing. I highly doubt the holocaust will be treated with respect by Paradox if it features in contrast to say, a mod created by people that seek to treat these atrocities with respect like TWR or TNO.

Note: I'm a leftist who's anti-chud myself, but I feel grand strategy isn't the best place to showcase this in a "dignified" light that does not simply turn into a Stellaris style genocide button outside of mods.

The TNO mod has a similar instance, for example, they do not allow Bormann or heydrich to restart the holocaust, because they know that these neo nazis would love to do that.

The TNO mod has a similar instance, for example, they do not allow Bormann or heydrich to restart the holocaust, because they know that these neo nazis would love to do that.
I mean, the latter can restart the Holocaust ..... by handing Himmler the nuclear launch codes and allowing him to wage his fantasy of killing all "non-Aryans" with nuclear weapons, even if most "Aryans" would be killed in the process, considering being Aryan, contratry to Himmler's fantasies, does not give you immunity to radiation.

I mean, the latter can restart the Holocaust ..... by handing Himmler the nuclear launch codes and allowing him to wage his fantasy of killing all "non-Aryans" with nuclear weapons, even if most "Aryans" would be killed in the process, considering being Aryan, contratry to Himmler's fantasies, does not give you immunity to radiation.

Himmler can "aryanism" can stop radiation?

I'm in favor personally of HOI4 hitting the Nazis with a permanent and ever-worsening debuff to represent the pointless and self-sabotaging evil of genocide. As-is, you have stuff like Imperial Japan being called out for Nanjing in vanilla, and in KR they can do the Three Alls policy, while in vanilla the Nazis are this kind of toothless generic evil that just wants more clay. There's no understanding of just how insanely evil Hitler was, and that IMO makes vanilla a far more dangerous gateway drug than a theoretical HOI4 portrayal of the holocaust would be a Nazi wank fantasy.

Again. Imperial Japan gets called out for its atrocities, and America has a subset of its tree dedicated to removing segregation (up to and including FDR being able to junk segregation entirely in the 1930s if he can bully or bribe enough of Congress), why can't the absolute insanity of Generalplan Ost get called out as a sort of stacking debuff where the Nazis get less and less resources from their conquered territories as the genocide ramps up, to represent the increasing resistance to their evil?

Again. Imperial Japan gets called out for its atrocities, and America has a subset of its tree dedicated to removing segregation (up to and including FDR being able to junk segregation entirely in the 1930s if he can bully or bribe enough of Congress), why can't the absolute insanity of Generalplan Ost get called out as a sort of stacking debuff where the Nazis get less and less resources from their conquered territories as the genocide ramps up, to represent the increasing resistance to their evil?
What horrible stuff do you think happens when you enact occupation laws like "Forced Occupation", "Harsh Quotas", and "Brutal Oppression"?

What horrible stuff do you think happens when you enact occupation laws like "Forced Occupation", "Harsh Quotas", and "Brutal Oppression"?
That's not what I mean. I mean that they should get a specific debuff for the particular atrocities that Nazi Germany created. The Allies should get a stability and war support buff when they find the death camps, for example. Kind of like how there are specific events calling out Japan for its atrocities.

I'm in favor personally of HOI4 hitting the Nazis with a permanent and ever-worsening debuff to represent the pointless and self-sabotaging evil of genocide. As-is, you have stuff like Imperial Japan being called out for Nanjing in vanilla, and in KR they can do the Three Alls policy, while in vanilla the Nazis are this kind of toothless generic evil that just wants more clay. There's no understanding of just how insanely evil Hitler was, and that IMO makes vanilla a far more dangerous gateway drug than a theoretical HOI4 portrayal of the holocaust would be a Nazi wank fantasy.

To compromise we could do something along the lines of “our brutal policies are causing trouble and rampant dissent” the longer you play or highlight Nazi economic inefficiencies via debuffs.

We don’t need to mention specifically what these brutal policies are to avoid being taken down but people who know their history and can fill in the blanks can figure out that it’s the result of Nazi genocidal atrocities