Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

If Huey Long restore the USA after his victory, does he restore it as a democracy?
Not completely.

He does restore the elections but his focus tree implies that there is a lot of monitoring. That likely means that candidates need to be approved by the regime and that there are a number of official candidates that get advantaged. In other words, Long gets a say in the election and probably ensures it's favorable to him.

Now, depending on his level of tolerance and how far he is willing to go to keep power, that can mean there is room for an opposition to exist and for the regime to liberalize at a later point. But it's likely a regime highly under the control of the President and Long was kind of a control freak OTL. Potentially with noble ideas, but still a bit of a control freak.

If Huey Long restore the USA after his victory, does he restore it as a democracy?

Well of course, it's in his focus tree. :p

Attachments

• Perfect Democracy.png
    Perfect Democracy.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 184
Kemalism is a good comparison for how Long would probably rule if unimpeded yeah. Authoritarian modernizer clothed in the trappings of liberal democracy. South Korea, Taiwan or Singapore would probably be good inspirations too.

I imagine the War Powers Comitte being similar to the brazilian 64-85 military dictatorship. You still had the congress and stuff, but there was this political entity called "The Supreme control" that held real power, similar to Moseley WPC.

Well of course, it's in his focus tree. :p

“A perfect democracy can come close to looking like a dictatorship, a democracy in which the people are so satisfied they have no complaint."

its one of his quotes. Though yea Kemal's Turkey, Peron’s Argentina, or Putin’s Russia are good examples to look at for Huey’s America.

“A perfect democracy can come close to looking like a dictatorship, a democracy in which the people are so satisfied they have no complaint."

its one of his quotes. Though yea Kemal's Turkey, Peron’s Argentina, or Putin’s Russia are good examples to look at for Huey’s America.

I don't think it resembles Peron Argentina on the way you believe.

If it resembles on having a national father winning election after election, then it fits, Peron won the times, two consecutives (1945-50) and one after returning when the dictatorship collapsed in 1973.

Now, about state control, repression and votes rigging, it is different. Peron elections have been fair and he had a working parliament and opposition. There was the same level of state propaganda as the government's before and (democratic governments) after him. There was no militia on uniform crashing into opponents like the AFP does.

Americans tend to misunderstand Peron due the large amount of cold war propaganda pumped at his image, he was never a dictator, he in fact tried to resign when the 1955 coup began (that was us sponsored), but a massive crowd went into the casa rosada and kept the doors closed begging him to prevent Argentina from falling into a dictatorship, so he resisted, the coup forces based on Cordoba bombed the capital (only of two cases in Latin American history that someone Bombs its own capital, the other is Pinochet). The capital was turning into a war zone so he broke his promise and resigned to prevent more deaths, left, and the right wing terror began.

Two things female syndie girl new image has come out looks cool.

Also Kaiserreich dating sim is still coming @Worffan101 i volunteer you to play the dating sim when it comes out tell the board whats it like.

Vince

Monthly Donor
Who usually wins the war, the Communion of France or Germany?

If it's Germany vs the initial Syndies Germany usually wins. Most of the time they lose is when they have to fight a two front war the AI usually doesn't know what to do.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Communion of France

Syndicalism with Catholic Characteri-- Oh wait, that's RadSoc Italy.

Two things female syndie girl new image has come out looks cool.

Also Kaiserreich dating sim is still coming @Worffan101 i volunteer you to play the dating sim when it comes out tell the board whats it like.

I can already imagine Worffan's hypothetical write-up on it being nothing short of somewhere between "brutally honest" and "downright hilarious".
I just realized today was Valentine's Day so the announcement makes much more sense.

Last edited:

Deleted member 107125

So I am trying to do a KR world where everything is cursed and the player's job is to either make it worse or slightly more blessed.
For the US, I'm thinking of making it either Christian Commonwealth under Pelley, or a military dictatorship under Moseley. While Pelley is obviously more cursed, I'm leaning towards the latter because I've been reading a bit about the Brazilian military dictatorship (thanks @Gukpard ) and Huey is a lot like Vargas IMO.
What do y'all think?
And yes, Canada will be NatPop.

Deleted member 107125

The new Dankest Hour patch was launched, and the best part of their Hungarian focus tree are the icons:
unknown.png

It is really impressive the amount of detail, it rivals TNO.
I like that what started off as a meme mod became an in-depth redo of KR. I do feel a bit like there's a thematic wrestle between the two but hopefully the team will weigh that out.

Deleted member 107125

So a while back, @XFE posted an essay by Mao in a Tianjin newspaper before he joined the CCP. In it, he argued against Chinese unification and for a Republic of Human. This led me to believe that Mao is a federalist in KR,given that the KMT isn't too strong in Hunan.

Reactions: XFE
So a while back, @XFE posted an essay by Mao in a Tianjin newspaper before he joined the CCP. In it, he argued against Chinese unification and for a Republic of Human. This led me to believe that Mao is a federalist in KR,given that the KMT isn't too strong in Hunan.

Mao is either dead or a school teacher in Sichuan who’s going to die in the famine he’s utterly irrelevant

So I am trying to do a KR world where everything is cursed and the player's job is to either make it worse or slightly more blessed.
For the US, I'm thinking of making it either Christian Commonwealth under Pelley, or a military dictatorship under Moseley. While Pelley is obviously more cursed, I'm leaning towards the latter because I've been reading a bit about the Brazilian military dictatorship (thanks @Gukpard ) and Huey is a lot like Vargas IMO.
What do y'all think?
And yes, Canada will be NatPop.

Wait. Natpop Canada? How is that possible? (Except puppeted by Pelley?)