Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

The west coast in fact had a lot of labour activity OTL and the fact the PSA sweep that under the rug should probably lead to it bubbling up all at once when the CSA walks in.

I didn't really think about how they'd run territory they had to reconquer late in the war though, so that's my bad. I expect what I said to be mostly correct in the territory they start with or quickly liberate from the federal junta. The south is very likely to undergo something akin to the aborted plans for reconstruction, with disenfranchisement of planters and a lot of state support for CSA leaning black people to break the reactionary domination that lead to the AUS in the first place.
IMO even with heavy propaganda any CSA free election that covers all/most of the old US would very likely result in some kind of socdem that may have been radical in the old US but very much extremely moderate by the standards of the CSA, perhaps even reactionary depending on who you ask. And I'm not sure if the events ever mention any activity by a democratic party more right wing then socdem, surely there would be at least a few liberal/conservative people getting elected even if they dont have the numbers to really do much.

Now dont get me wrong, despite what this convo has been like I am very much a CSA fan, admittedly primarily for their social views, but I am not going to pretend they are perfectly democratic when they very clearly are not.

IMO even with heavy propaganda any CSA free election that covers all/most of the old US would very likely result in some kind of socdem that may have been radical in the old US but very much extremely moderate by the standards of the CSA, perhaps even reactionary depending on who you ask. And I'm not sure if the events ever mention any activity by a democratic party more right wing then socdem, surely there would be at least a few liberal/conservative people getting elected even if they dont have the numbers to really do much.

Now dont get me wrong, despite what this convo has been like I am very much a CSA fan, admittedly primarily for their social views, but I am not going to pretend they are perfectly democratic when they very clearly are not.

I wouldn't mind some events to talk about local level representatives of different ideologies.

I just don't buy them having the opening to win power over the whole country in the wake of the revolution.

Let's move on to something productive. I felt like the Russia Rework discussion could have gone somewhere. Though if someone has another idea, I'm open suggestions.

On my Vanilla Game as the German Military Junta I saved after completing the "Secure the new State" on the Focus Tree and have restored the Kaiserreich first, with restoring the Holy Roman Empire as the ultimate objective, although I am still intrigued by both Paths for the new Germany. With La Resistance coming out on the 25th I am concerned I will have to start all over again with the German Junta, Civil War and all, and that's annoying ~ I also don't like having to wait for Months before being able to Play the Kaiserreich Mod again. Gggrr.

That being said I am looking forward to the French Focus Tree rework and the new Spanish Focus Tree, and as Spain I may consider aiming for the "Nobody Expects" Achievement, conquering Paris before Germany; it'll require Ironman mode and regular difficulty ~ my Military Junta game was on easy difficulty ~ but I imagine it's possible. Anybody Know any decent strategies for either of these goals, aside from get to Paris before Germany does?

In the 'new' HOI4, I took the USA. I built as much as I could in terms of Infantry Divisions, then built a line in New Mexico (behind the Rio Grande) and defended Maryland/Virginia. I went with Alf Landon as POTUS in 1936, North Carolina and New Jersey stayed loyal, and Canada declined to occupy New England after the civil war started. I activated the militia I could in the west (and dealt with a couple of nasty Syndie/Longist uprisings behind my line)- held the line in the west of New Mexico-->Denver-->Cheyenne-->Billings, defended the border with South Carolina, and blitzed (with no tanks) the CSA. The PSA never spawned, I took Pennsylvania rather quickly. Huey Long and Jack Reed made peace with each other, but I had built some motorized divisions and sent them along Lake Erie, taking Cleveland, Columbus and Detroit.

A bunch of CSA divisions (freed by the peace with Long) showed up and stopped me cold, but then - wonder of wonders - Long betrayed Reed, and I got to Chicago. The CSA collapsed in October of 1937, and I only had to deal with the AUS, which fell after a hard fight in August of 1938.

Meanwhile, the world went to hell (as it does in KR). Spain went Syndie, Russia formed the Soviet Republic with no civil war and Tuchachevsky in charge, India is a mess, the Ottomans beat Persia but are losing to Egypt, the French exiles have a an Empire, and the UoB has Mosely in charge. MittelAfrica collapsed, there are at least four wars going on in Central and South America, Japan is about to DoW Germany, and Canada has this weird authoritarian thing going on. China … China is like bad modern art - I have NO IDEA of what is happening there.

I have no idea what to do as the Entente is fairly … not democratic.

For now, it's reconstruction and political stabilization with my newly safe USA, but I wonder what I should do now.

Mike Turcotte

The one thing in KR that gets me is the idea that the SPD doesn't get a win in the Reichstag until the game starts. I mean, even with the victory and peace, there should have been at least one SPD Chancellor before 1936. I mean Britain went from victory in WW1 with frankly even better domestic situations than Germany did ITTL and it elected a Labour government.

Kaiser Billy is well Kaiser no way in hell is he appointing a SPD Chancellor

On my Vanilla Game as the German Military Junta I saved after completing the "Secure the new State" on the Focus Tree and have restored the Kaiserreich first, with restoring the Holy Roman Empire as the ultimate objective, although I am still intrigued by both Paths for the new Germany. With La Resistance coming out on the 25th I am concerned I will have to start all over again with the German Junta, Civil War and all, and that's annoying ~ I also don't like having to wait for Months before being able to Play the Kaiserreich Mod again. Gggrr.

That being said I am looking forward to the French Focus Tree rework and the new Spanish Focus Tree, and as Spain I may consider aiming for the "Nobody Expects" Achievement, conquering Paris before Germany; it'll require Ironman mode and regular difficulty ~ my Military Junta game was on easy difficulty ~ but I imagine it's possible. Anybody Know any decent strategies for either of these goals, aside from get to Paris before Germany does?

Just try to repeat what happened OTL in 1914 with modern tech. Something that is decisive is having a superior air force, completely doable with Germany.

Now, for everyone, Rise of Totalism just posted leaks about the Jacobin route, and it is so marxist leninst and french that I gonna try vodka with baguette.

unknown.png

And the jacobins got two main routes, the communist one and the Robespierre one. Maurice Thorez clothing changes depending of which routes you take. The Marxist leninst give you the political uniform and the Robespierre gives him a revolutionary uniform:
unknown.png

This is inaccurate but great.

And the Jacobin flag follows the same style of the Mozambique one, but instead of a AK47 it got a guillotine with a sickle and hammer.

Edit: I consider myself a anti communist and have a massive distaste for left and right wing totalitarism. That being said, parallel to that I'm a fanboy of communist aesthetics and games, so that is why I'm so excited.
By the way, when my channel was alive I made clips like this, to make a red alert 3 fan blush:

The one thing in KR that gets me is the idea that the SPD doesn't get a win in the Reichstag until the game starts. I mean, even with the victory and peace, there should have been at least one SPD Chancellor before 1936. I mean Britain went from victory in WW1 with frankly even better domestic situations than Germany did ITTL and it elected a Labour government.
First, the Kaiser had the final say about the Kanzler, not the Reichstag.
Second, the german electoral- and party-system made it difficult for the SPD to get a majority. One example: The electoral districts hadn´t been changed since 1871, which favored rural about urban voters.

Kaiser Billy is well Kaiser no way in hell is he appointing a SPD Chancellor

Then Kaiser Billy is damned lucky he hasn't had the Romanov experience. You can only clamp down on you population for so long, especially in the wake of a traumatic national event like WW1. And yes, Ludendorff was a useful scapegoat for the first couple of post-war years in KR lore, but by 1936?

First, the Kaiser had the final say about the Kanzler, not the Reichstag.
Second, the german electoral- and party-system made it difficult for the SPD to get a majority. One example: The electoral districts hadn´t been changed since 1871, which favored rural about urban voters.

1) Which makes no sense to me if this Germany is supposed to still function at all by the time the game starts. See previous point RE longevity of clamping down on a population. This is a Germany that is supposed to be nominally democratic, that should have meant a reduction in the Kaiser's power. If for no other reason than the people who have the power in the country since the Ludendorff days would want to neuter him as much as possible to shore up their own power.
2) That's fair, but is something that should have been rectified by the start date. But I accept that's nitpicky as hell.

Frankly, I just think there isn't enough debuffs for Germany in the early game for it to be remotely realistic. I'm not saying it should be Russia levels of "Things about to go to hell" but it should be a lot more shaky than it is, and Black Monday being a lot worse.

-edit- Also the "Women's Suffrage" focus is still broken in the German Tree, it's total RNG at best if it requires von Richthofen to lose that race.

Then Kaiser Billy is damned lucky he hasn't had the Romanov experience. You can only clamp down on you population for so long, especially in the wake of a traumatic national event like WW1. And yes, Ludendorff was a useful scapegoat for the first couple of post-war years in KR lore, but by 1936?

1) Which makes no sense to me if this Germany is supposed to still function at all by the time the game starts. See previous point RE longevity of clamping down on a population. This is a Germany that is supposed to be nominally democratic, that should have meant a reduction in the Kaiser's power. If for no other reason than the people who have the power in the country since the Ludendorff days would want to neuter him as much as possible to shore up their own power.
2) That's fair, but is something that should have been rectified by the start date. But I accept that's nitpicky as hell.

Frankly, I just think there isn't enough debuffs for Germany in the early game for it to be remotely realistic. I'm not saying it should be Russia levels of "Things about to go to hell" but it should be a lot more shaky than it is, and Black Monday being a lot worse.

-edit- Also the "Women's Suffrage" focus is still broken in the German Tree, it's total RNG at best if it requires von Richthofen to lose that race.
uallll
You have to know, that at a good day the SPD would get 35% of the vote and on a really, reallly good day the leftliberals would get 10%
The majority of the Germans actually voted for partys, which preffered, that the Kaiser had the final word

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Let's move on to something productive. I felt like the Russia Rework discussion could have gone somewhere. Though if someone has another idea, I'm open suggestions.

No, let's go back to arguing about which faction in the Civil War is the best and why it's [insert best path here].
No, I jest. This argument is common enough on this thread, with my favorite GM Ice34 defending Huey Long and my favorite communist in need of catharsis Worffan101 defending the merits of a syndicalist America with Flynn at its helm for the bulk of the '40s. It's entertaining, perhaps, but not productive.

With La Resistance coming out on the 25th I am concerned I will have to start all over again with the German Junta, Civil War and all, and that's annoying ~ I also don't like having to wait for Months before being able to Play the Kaiserreich Mod again. Gggrr.

[insert "you can always go back to a previous version without all the cool new features!" argument here]
That being said, toggling back and forth between versions is an absolute pain, but I'm pretty hyped to try out the reworked Spanish Civil War. The anarchists look especially fun, but then again I'm a tad biased.

Oh god the Triumph of Totalism lead Dev is a NazBol.

Never heard of this submod but there are a lot of mod developers who espouse... less than savory political viewpoints. In Red Flood, which looked pretty cool from the development diaries but had even less content than Apres Moi Le Deluge at release. At one point, someone on their dev team was a fascist from Montenegro, thus explaining the borderline ASB ambitions of a tiny Balkan state seeking to recreate the Roman Empire as its only political path. And how another former dev for another upcoming and much more detailed mod tried giving nearly a dozen different far-right paths for Iberia under the Franco-Salazar duumvirate. (Said Francoist dev was purged later on and the paths removed.)

It's why being careful about who is recruited for mods, especially for a war game starting in 1936, is naturally important.

Deleted member 107125

No, I jest. This argument is common enough on this thread, with my favorite GM Ice34 defending Huey Long and my favorite communist in need of catharsis Worffan101 defending the merits of a syndicalist America with Flynn at its helm for the bulk of the '40s. It's entertaining, perhaps, but not productive.
What’s GM mean?